Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

So My R1S was delivered with the following issues

• Squeaky seat(Fixed)
  • Infotainment reporting Wrong Wheels/Tires Coded to the Vehicle(Fixed)
  • Incorrect Floormat(fixed) Somone from Richmond drove up in a R1T service truck to deliver a floormat.
  • Window making some noise when going down
  • Some paint issues
I submitted a ticket about the floormat since I knew that was an easy fix at 6pm on a Tuesday evening. Got a call at 7pm on the same day saying they will take care of it, Dennis asked if I had any other items I said yes the seat and forgot to mention the wheels. Fast Forward to Yesterday morning, I get a call at 11am, hey service is coming out to you for the mat and we already knew about your infotainment issue can we got at 1:30pm to resolve it? I was shocked and like uhhh sure let me juggle some things around.

1:15pm Will Arrives

Rivian R1T R1S My First Service Experience, Give Rivian Time! 1663862648087

Will was a former Subaru tech who was mega cool and we got to talking about Rivian, Cars, and the company. He is a huge fan of the company and from what I can gather genuinely loves working for Rivian. I told him about the other issues and his exact words were the following:

Whatever issues you have, submit them, even if they are minor, it makes us better and helps us delivery a better product. We are going thru growing pains right now and we are all working hard but don't take it easy on us, just give us time to solve things. If you can live with some defects until the schedule clears up at the very least record them the day you get the car, do a full inspection, submit the tickets so they are at least documented for future repairs/fixes.
He told me his schedule and yes these folks work hard, but they are mega knowledgeable and solved my first three issues. He also recorded a small video for @fletch on a minor issue he is having so he was mega cool for doing that.

If the company is made up of people like Will I will have infinite patience and be a life long customer. It was such a great experience, I low key would love more reasons for him to come back out (not really LOL).

Pics of Fixes

Before
Rivian R1T R1S My First Service Experience, Give Rivian Time! 1663863076461

After
Rivian R1T R1S My First Service Experience, Give Rivian Time! 1663863159842

Old mat in the back
Rivian R1T R1S My First Service Experience, Give Rivian Time! 1663863123587
Sponsored

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Do we also have to give TONY more time to deliver delivery windows???

Im assuming yes! LOL. I wish everyone got their vehicle or at least hints/windows of their vehicle.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Glad to hear you had such a great experience. I can truly say everyone I have talked to in person has been awesome when dealing with service. They generally seem to really want to make things right. I have had a few iffy interactions on the phone, also sending my truck back to me broken wasn't a good look but I am sure it wasn't intentional.

My biggest complaint is the lack of accountability. When something goes wrong or you don't get good follow up on issues the only recourse is to call the service call center and explain everything, sometimes for the 4th or 5th time and that gets frustrating. This is something I hope they figure out long term.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Im assuming yes! LOL. I wish everyone got their vehicle or at least hints/windows of their vehicle.
Another PUSH....from end of summer to October.....

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
If the company is made up of people like Will I will have infinite patience and be a life long customer. It was such a great experience, I low key would love more reasons for him to come back out (not really LOL).

rivian_panda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Genius, Millionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist
brought my truck into service center in SF 3 times... when I get my truck back its worst then went it came in...

lol
Sponsored