Sponsored

Hummer EV Racer

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Interesting. 550hp is a far cry from even the production Hummer EV. I would like to know how much GM tech is being used, or whether it's more sponsorship & a Hummer-themed shell.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Interesting. 550hp is a far cry from even the production Hummer EV. I would like to know how much GM tech is being used, or whether it's more sponsorship & a Hummer-themed shell.
This is a spec racing series on standardized vehicles. The amount of GM tech is zero.
The linked vehicle is just dressed up to remind people of the Hummer EV. It will contain the same percentage of Hummer parts and tech as a NASCAR car or truck does with the models they purport to represent - nothing at all.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
The low end 2 motor Hummer is 650HP, so this is in line with that.

OP
OP
JeremyMKE

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
This is a spec racing series on standardized vehicles. The amount of GM tech is zero.
The linked vehicle is just dressed up to remind people of the Hummer EV. It will contain the same percentage of Hummer parts and tech as a NASCAR car or truck does with the models they purport to represent - nothing at all.
If this is true I consider it a bit of a black mark for GM. I am all for marketing and promoting your brand but if there is no GM EV tech at play here my opinion of the Hummer EV has decreased.

Rivian scored major points with the Rebelle rally IMO.

I want GM to succeed in General (pun intended) its good for EVs and its good for American Manufacturing.

Sponsored

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
If this is true I consider it a bit of a black mark for GM. I am all for marketing and promoting your brand but if there is no GM EV tech at play here my opinion of the Hummer EV has decreased.

Rivian scored major points with the Rebelle rally IMO.

I want GM to succeed in General (pun intended) its good for EVs and its good for American Manufacturing.
A black mark for GM? They are sponsoring a racing team in an EV race, supporting that team, bringing attention to EV performance and entertaining fans. These are all good things. Just because the race series uses a spec vehicle (which, honestly, is the only way something like this would have gotten off the ground) doesn't mean OEMs shouldn't support it.

Yes, Rivian entering the Rebelle Rally was more impressive for the Rivian vehicle, but if OEMs pulled all of their dollars from any racing series that didn't allow them to use a production vehicle a lot of us who enjoy watching motorsports would be seriously disappointed.

Good for GM for helping race fans and EV adoption.

OP
OP
JeremyMKE

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
A black mark for GM? They are sponsoring a racing team in an EV race, supporting that team, bringing attention to EV performance and entertaining fans. These are all good things. Just because the race series uses a spec vehicle (which, honestly, is the only way something like this would have gotten off the ground) doesn't mean OEMs shouldn't support it.

Yes, Rivian entering the Rebelle Rally was more impressive for the Rivian vehicle, but if OEMs pulled all of their dollars from any racing series that didn't allow them to use a production vehicle a lot of us who enjoy watching motorsports would be seriously disappointed.

Good for GM for helping race fans and EV adoption.
Your points are well heeled I will switch it to a brown mark ;) MY point is this was an opportunity to go back to the real roots of stock car racing and prove out how good their tech is even if it is only certain parts of the drivetrain. A chance to stand out instead of the every day marketing...

I agree that on its own its a good thing for the general to raise awareness.

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
Your points are well heeled I will switch it to a brown mark ;) MY point is this was an opportunity to go back to the real roots of stock car racing and prove out how good their tech is even if it is only certain parts of the drivetrain. A chance to stand out instead of the every day marketing...

I agree that on its own its a good thing for the general to raise awareness.
Well, my sport of choice for decades was WRC, I'd love to see more races with homologation rules, so I can see where you are coming from.

Jsidell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
I like it and would consider buying one if it wasn’t for the fact that initial rollout will be $110k+, no tax credit (unless new administration reinstates it for manufacturers already over the limit) and once you get under $100k it’s a much less impressive vehicle. On the plus side, it appears to be more off-road capable and looks more like an off-roader than the Rivian, and the established dealer/service network. But all-in, I’m sticking with Rivian.

Rivian-WI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
What's up with the cord hanging from the back?
Is it like the electric lawn mowers or snow blowers that need to be plugged in to work? :)
Sponsored