Sponsored

Compass Yellow Interior Accents

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
...also see the third row fold nearly flat on R1S (5:25 mark).
Straying off topic but if that's as flat as the 3rd row goes, I'll probably be forced to pass on LE and wait for the 5 seater. Don't see any way to make a dog crate work with the 3rd row folded (unless a cross bar can be used to level things out - it does appear to have mount points - but that may limit the height too much).

Also, my wife and I are in that video!

time

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
Looking at the photos from the configurator it looks like the grab handles on the black interior are yellow on the inside.

Looking at the photos above i really hope those yellow seat belts show up.

1605719626522.png
Nice. Not sure how that would look on the green interior though. If it makes production I might switch from green to black for those accents.

Sponsored

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Straying off topic but if that's as flat as the 3rd row goes, I'll probably be forced to pass on LE and wait for the 5 seater. Don't see any way to make a dog crate work with the 3rd row folded (unless a cross bar can be used to level things out - it does appear to have mount points - but that may limit the height too much).

I'm on the same boat. Waiting to see the 3 degrees almost flat version of the back to see if I go with the LE or wait. Jealous that you were able to see it, they never made it to FL.

MadMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Tesla Model 3
I'm on the same boat. Waiting to see the 3 degrees almost flat version of the back to see if I go with the LE or wait. Jealous that you were able to see it, they never made it to FL.

I posted that video in another conversation thread and another member said that Rivian engineers have since indicated they’ve reengineered the seat to fold flatter than that prototype. I hope that’s the case (though I don’t know that it would change my order).

I assume they’re not totally ready to do so (but, man, they must be close) but I’d love for RJ just to do a 30 minute walk around tour video of the trucks. We know they have the video team—just walk and talk and point. It would be the most watched post on their site. I’m sure for competitive reasons they also want to be more opaque until closer to launch. But still.

I love that you’re in the video! I so wish I could take my wife to see the R1S in person.
Sponsored