Southern California Owners

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

Have not seen this thread yet.

Posting this to introduce one another and create a space to potentially get out and offroad with each other.

That being said, I am located in Newport and took delivery a little over a week now. I am currently trying to get the truck paint protected then immediately get it dirty.

It has a few body work flaws they are going to correct here in the coming weeks, but other than that the truck is incredible. I am sure the rest of you share that opinion.
Sponsored

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
I live in Redondo Beach. I have a May / June delivery window. I’m looking to have my vehicle paint protected too. Where are you taking your vehicle for paint protection? I took my other vehicles to ceramic pro. Great work but a little pricey. When you say body work flaws. Do you mean in the paint or alignment issues?

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
I’m in your neck of the woods but my Explore trim won’t go into production until 2023. What date did you leave a deposit?

OP
OP
ajbrutman

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

I live in Redondo Beach. I have a May / June delivery window. I’m looking to have my vehicle paint protected too. Where are you taking your vehicle for paint protection? I took my other vehicles to ceramic pro. Great work but a little pricey. When you say body work flaws. Do you mean in the paint or alignment issues?
I have a buddy in the industry that referred me to someone local, I’ll have to double check who it was.

OP
OP
ajbrutman

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

Sponsored

OP
OP
ajbrutman

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

I’m in your neck of the woods but my Explore trim won’t go into production until 2023. What date did you leave a deposit?
December 12 2018

agame32

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
I’m in Huntington Beach currently with a 2022Q4 window. Good to meet you all and good thread. 👍🏼

Captain JB

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
Occupation
Retired Airline Pilot
Clubs

I am in Hermosa Beach with a 01/2020 R1S Adventure order for a 4th quarter delivery. Would love to connect for some off roading. I go to Mammoth Lakes about 3 times perm summer. Big Bear would be fun also. JB

linkwpc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2016 CMax, 2001 Saleen, 2002 GS300
Clubs

I'm hope to start up a Rivian club as soon as I get mine. If there isn't any SoCal Rivian at the time I get mine.

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
Los Angeles R1S March/April delivery window... though with 3 days left in April, not looking good! Signed PBA, no new Guide update on timeline. Tuesday he last said: "I know we're nearing the end of April and I'm continuously asking the leadership team for updates on your specific order."

Regardless, it "should" be s00n... My family can't wait!

I'm looking at Ceramic coating options. Ceramic Pro is expensive compared to other shops, but curious if the 9H hardness is a big deal or not when compared to something like cquartz. Looking at doing all paint, plastic trim, and wheels.

Also looking forward to an owners meet-up, and some trail rides!

Sponsored

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
Los Angeles R1S March/April delivery window... though with 3 days left in April, not looking good! Signed PBA, no new Guide update on timeline. Tuesday he last said: "I know we're nearing the end of April and I'm continuously asking the leadership team for updates on your specific order."

Regardless, it "should" be s00n... My family can't wait!

I'm looking at Ceramic coating options. Ceramic Pro is expensive compared to other shops, but curious if the 9H hardness is a big deal or not when compared to something like cquartz. Looking at doing all paint, plastic trim, and wheels.

Also looking forward to an owners meet-up, and some trail rides!
Just been assigned a guide today!! Super excited!! I will take a look at cquartz. I heard of it but didn’t do much research.

johnjohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
IG: thegreenmachine_R1T
Clubs

I received my R1T on 3/20/22 and I am out of Chatsworth/Porter Ranch area. I have been back and forth with PPF but have not pulled the trigger yet. I did get the truck ceramic coated though.

Nice to meet you all!

muthurg

First Name
Muthu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW 3 Series
Occupation
CTO
In the Westchester area, I got my R1T delivered on March 25th. I got it ceramic coated from Imperro Motorsports (nice people) right away and also tinted all windows.

Took it to Palm Springs and Inglewood once and also went offroading on Bee canyon trail (https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/california/bee-canyon-truck-trail) which was fun, attaching a clip here.

Nice to meet you all :)

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP
ajbrutman

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

I received my R1T on 3/20/22 and I am out of Chatsworth/Porter Ranch area. I have been back and forth with PPF but have not pulled the trigger yet. I did get the truck ceramic coated though.

Nice to meet you all!
We have the same spec… I took delivery 3 days after you.

ADVNOW

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler JK, JL 4XE
Occupation
Manufacturing
Clubs

I'm in Upland Got mine 3 weeks ago.
Sponsored