Sponsored

What Will Be The First Song You Play In Your New Rivian?

JEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, 2016 Volvo S60
Occupation
Technical Support
This is what I'm listening to while I'm waiting for my R1T. "Searching For My Love" (R1T). Robert Plant still can sing, but toned down from his Led Zeppelin days. Allison Krauss is a great companion on the new album "Raise the Roof". Lot's of good songs.

Sponsored

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 05 Saturn Relay 3
Occupation
Ast HR Director
Pink Floyd - Terminal Frost

Pink Floyd - Run Like Hell

Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb

And for something a bit different..
DubStep - Seek & Destroy

Edit: There is a version of Pink Floyd - The Great Gig in the Sky I would play first.. But it has been removed from all of my music library's, and is a extremely rare and live version..

I think this is it.. Gotta find my Pulse Live album

Last edited:

Sponsored

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Showing my age, but a Beach Boys car song, probably "Shut Down".

Last edited:
OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

My plans for CSN's "See The Changes" as my first song may be scuttled by Neil, CSN and others pulling their music from Spotify. Oh well, plenty of other great new and old music to choose from. Good that we still live in a free world, even if "Rockin' In The Free World", from Neil's album "Freedom" is also gone. Maybe I'll just play their tunes through YouTube via Bluetooth on my phone. That is, unless they also pull their music from other services that still allow voices to be heard that they don't like. At least they're standing their ground. I admire them for that. (Disclaimer: I'm fully vaccinated and have received my booster. I'd like to see more make the same choice.)

I'll always cherish all of my vinyl, tapes, and CD's from back when music was sold in a physical form. It'll be interesting to see how all of this plays out. I grew up on CSN, CSN&Y, The Byrds, Buffalo Springfield, The Hollies, The Stills-Young Band, Manassas, Crazy Horse, The Mynah Birds, and my favorite, The Ducks, along with the solo material from Stephen Stills and Neil Young. Their music is a big part of my life's soundtrack, and will continue to be forever. That said, I'll really miss the convenience of having them available in the R1T on Spotify, as well as those others who've chosen to leave. I guess I'll get to See The Changes in action, even if I don't get to hear them.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Today, I’m thinking:
Not Too S—00—n by Throwing Muses. A great song on top of being thematically right!

Sponsored

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
As a child of the 70's, you guys have absolutely nailed my preference for classic rock, with a proper dose of alternative and reggae. Thank you.

I've waffled trying to stick to one song, which is nearly impossible, but my current favorites still carry heavy slide guitar, so gonna proffer these guys:

The Record Company - Never Leave You (Official Audio) - YouTube

But my list of road themed driving tunes is long with selected samples not already mentioned in this tremendous post including: Audioslave I Am The Highway, Talking Heads Road to Nowhere, Bob Seger Turn the Page, ZZ Top Nationwide, Springsteen Pink Cadillac, Pearl Jam Long Road, Commander Cody Hot Rod Lincoln, Tupac Picture Me Rollin, Tragically Hip Locked in the Trunk of My Car, and for good measure Marvin Gaye Mercy Mercy Me.

Someone should probably start a playlist thread in Apple or Spotify.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
As a child of the 70's, you guys have absolutely nailed my preference for classic rock, with a proper dose of alternative and reggae. Thank you.

I've waffled trying to stick to one song, which is nearly impossible, but my current favorites still carry heavy slide guitar, so gonna proffer these guys:

The Record Company - Never Leave You (Official Audio) - YouTube

But my list of road themed driving tunes is long with selected samples not already mentioned in this tremendous post including: Audioslave I Am The Highway, Talking Heads Road to Nowhere, Bob Seger Turn the Page, ZZ Top Nationwide, Springsteen Pink Cadillac, Pearl Jam Long Road, Commander Cody Hot Rod Lincoln, Tupac Picture Me Rollin, Tragically Hip Locked in the Trunk of My Car, and for good measure Marvin Gaye Mercy Mercy Me.

Someone should probably start a playlist thread in Apple or Spotify.
The Record Company jams! Here's a great one, and the Give It Back to You album is solid.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Last edited:

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation