Sponsored

What is the general consensus for paying Rivian service to update between 20” and 21” wheels?

Pay service to swap to 21’s?

• Total voters

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T & 22 MS Plaid
Occupation
Sales
I just picked up a set of take off 21” wheels and tires for daily driving (mine came with the 20’s) and was planning to swap to 20’s only for off roading. I just read this thread about people switching from 21’s to 20’s and it did explain a few things.
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/21-to-20-wheels-switch-never-ending-drama.10970/

What is the general consensus for paying Rivian service to change everything in the truck to reflect the new 21” wheels? Worth it or not? Thanks in advance. (Pic for no reason)

Rivian R1T R1S What is the general consensus for paying Rivian service to update between 20” and 21” wheels? IMG_4523
Sponsored

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

I just picked up a set of take off 21” wheels and tires for daily driving (mine came with the 20’s) and was planning to swap to 20’s only for off roading. I just read this thread about people switching from 21’s to 20’s and it did explain a few things.
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/21-to-20-wheels-switch-never-ending-drama.10970/

What is the general consensus for paying Rivian service to change everything in the truck to reflect the new 21” wheels? Worth it or not? Thanks in advance. (Pic for no reason)

IMG_4523.jpeg
If you will be using the 21s 80-90% of the time - it's probably worth it as it will mean better range monitoring and prediction for the vast majority of your time driving the vehicle. If that's not the case, it might not be a huge deal to leave it as it is

AltaTruck

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda RX8, R1T, Alta EXR (road) , Alta EXR (woods)
Occupation
Retired Science teacher
I did the same. I had the re-calibration to 21" since that is going to be most of the year. I just used my stud gun and studded the 20". I used them throughout the winter for ice and snow with no apparent problem.

Robotpedlr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivan R1S
Occupation
Sales
They really need to add this option to the software, to allow us to select tire size (especially for the various stock sizes). SC are busy enough to not have to worry about something we should all be able to do in the car.
Sponsored