•Leave the vehicle parked alone for 30 minutes
•Dont open the Rivian app
•Gearguard off
•Turn off Bluetooth
•Keep unplugged
•Keep all seatbelts unbuckled
•Don't leave anything on any seats
•Keep all keys away from the vehicle
TYTY, no mention of USB devices plugged in? Wondering if I need to eject the SSD for DriverCam? Do I need to lock the vehicle? I left mine unlocked so I assume Gearguard isn't on at that point?

Reset didn't fix my mobile app Close Windows issue, so support told me to let it sleep...

TXRIV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Technology Sales
Can any of my fellow Rivian users help me. My R1S will not function on any level three charger, including a Rivian charger here in San Antonio. I’ve done a hard reset, soft reset and sleep mode and still not working. It does charge on level two chargers, but I need to drive all the way back to Dallas and this is gonna take me forever as I’m almost out of battery.
One of the things that says in sleep mode is to turn the inverter off, does that just go off automatically went to sleep mode? Any other suggestions if anyone’s had this happen? Thx all

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

Can any of my fellow Rivian users help me. My R1S will not function on any level three charger, including a Rivian charger here in San Antonio. I’ve done a hard reset, soft reset and sleep mode and still not working. It does charge on level two chargers, but I need to drive all the way back to Dallas and this is gonna take me forever as I’m almost out of battery.
One of the things that says in sleep mode is to turn the inverter off, does that just go off automatically went to sleep mode? Any other suggestions if anyone’s had this happen? Thx all
Call the support line. I had this problem and what they told me was that if you let it fail 4 consecutive times, because it won't charge, it will go into a non charging state.

They had me redo hard reset (left roller on the steering wheel and the hazard button at the same time) again.

Since then, it's been working using DCFC. They called me back couple of times to checkup on me to make sure its still working.

TXRIV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Technology Sales
Call the support line. I had this problem and what they told me was that if you let it fail 4 consecutive times, because it won't charge, it will go into a non charging state.

They had me redo hard reset (left roller on the steering wheel and the hazard button at the same time) again.

Since then, it's been working using DCFC. They called me back couple of times to checkup on me to make sure its still working.
Thanks, I’ve called them and I’ve done the hard reset several times. It’s still not working and they claim they have no idea what else to do.

Sponsored

MrMusAddict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Data Analyst
Sleep Reset
Rivian must be unplugged from charger, nothing plugged into any USB ports, Inverter off, all seatbelts unbuckled, no one in the vehicle. Then lock and walk away for at least 30 minutes.
FYI the official minimum is now 1 hour for the sleep cycle. Just spoke to support on Saturday and they texted me the checklist for the sleep cycle which says "at least 1 hour".

RivianPioneer

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Lawyer
The hard reset ("full") is better left alone. It doesn't fix problems and there is a risk of losing data. I did one under instruction from software support and they were concerned to be sure I didn't reset again.
Can any of these resets be done with the car moving? With Teslas where there is a glitch a soft reset of the systems can be done while driving. The screen goes blank as it cycles through the reset but all critical functions continue uninterrupted which makes it possible to do this while on the move

Bimmer100

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Audio HiFi Manufacturer
Clubs

Hmm, Rivian told me about these resets and unfortunately didn’t fix the issues we are having. The truck never has had gps or internet and we are at 1500 miles almost. Trying to get the car to update. It has 2023.14.0 software but stuck here. It’s clearly got a big problem. Just hoping Rivian will come and fix it. We tried to stop by the dealer locally and they told us to call rivian. Which was weird.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Hmm, Rivian told me about these resets and unfortunately didn’t fix the issues we are having. The truck never has had gps or internet and we are at 1500 miles almost. Trying to get the car to update. It has 2023.14.0 software but stuck here. It’s clearly got a big problem. Just hoping Rivian will come and fix it. We tried to stop by the dealer locally and they told us to call rivian. Which was weird.
That's how it works. You have to have an appointment as they are very backed up. Put in a ticket on the mobile app, it sounds like you have a bad CGM.

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

1500 miles and you haven't made a ticket yet?

Sponsored

Bimmer100

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Audio HiFi Manufacturer
Clubs

That's how it works. You have to have an appointment as they are very backed up. Put in a ticket on the mobile app, it sounds like you have a bad CGM.
What is CGM.

i have not had the truck very long at all. It was used but only driven it a couple hundred miles. My understanding is the owner before sold it because it didn’t have CarPlay. No biggie to me. But my guess is he sold it because it had a bunch of quirky issues and im seeing that. That’s ok, I’m patient and understand Rivian should take care of these things. But so far can’t fix them.
still trying to get it to sync with my iPhone14pro max. As I can’t even use the app.
Been using the keyfob to drive it only.
and until the truck is fixed/reset or whatever and has its connections restored it seems broken. One Rivian person told me it was a known bug not having gps and internet etc. It’s suppose to be fixed in new update. Problem is I don’t have a way to install the update when the internet doesn’t work. Maybe it’s something more serious.

and now it’s sitting at a shop getting some PPF and tint done.
I did try to drive by the dealer in Bellevue the other day and have them look at it but they told me to call Rivian and schedule an appt. So will do this once I get the truck back from local shop for film installs. I do plan to keep the truck and hope to get a nice camping tent setup (suggestions are welcome) and maybe decent camp kitchen setup for gear tunnel.
Anyhow, am new to the Rivian brand. Our other EV’s we have owned are Tesla model3 which was totalled in August, and nearly died in that car. And our other two we still have are i4 m50’s and honestly love them very much.
the r1t will be our dog car and 3rd spare care for seasonal weather and such.

We are hoping to meet other owners in the area but seems I tried this forums local clubs and there are no posts which was surprised to see.

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Umm no.
Ever heard of a car seat?

And before you say that is what LATCH is for, there are certain safety recommendations regarding weight and orientation that may require the use of a seat belt vs the LATCH for the base.
I had this same issue after leaving a dog harness buckle plugged into my passenger seat. Truck stayed on all night. Was wondering why I'd walk by and see the screen still on. Personally I think this is stupid, annoying, and a *dumb* decision on Rivian's part, to not at least throw a warning or message on the screen. Since it can potentially drain the battery.

That said, from what I researched before their "reasoning" is if someone is sitting in the passenger seat, to be able to operate climate controls. More importantly, it only affects the front seats. Variety of state and local laws say child seats cannot be buckled into the front seat under any circumstances.

So apparently (if you follow the laws) a child seat in the front passenger seat should never be an issue with causing the truck to stay awake. But I still think this is dumb to not have a way to disable this "feature". 😣

Bimmer100

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Audio HiFi Manufacturer
Clubs

What’s weird is I try to schedule appt at Bellevue location and nothing is avail. But I can choose Portland or Vancouver but that is super far away. Not sure why Bellevue has zero choices for any appts. Have tried again for third time this morning. Still nothing open. And must be another glitch in their app or whatever.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
What is CGM.

i have not had the truck very long at all. It was used but only driven it a couple hundred miles. My understanding is the owner before sold it because it didn’t have CarPlay. No biggie to me. But my guess is he sold it because it had a bunch of quirky issues and im seeing that. That’s ok, I’m patient and understand Rivian should take care of these things. But so far can’t fix them.
still trying to get it to sync with my iPhone14pro max. As I can’t even use the app.
Been using the keyfob to drive it only.
and until the truck is fixed/reset or whatever and has its connections restored it seems broken. One Rivian person told me it was a known bug not having gps and internet etc. It’s suppose to be fixed in new update. Problem is I don’t have a way to install the update when the internet doesn’t work. Maybe it’s something more serious.

and now it’s sitting at a shop getting some PPF and tint done.
I did try to drive by the dealer in Bellevue the other day and have them look at it but they told me to call Rivian and schedule an appt. So will do this once I get the truck back from local shop for film installs. I do plan to keep the truck and hope to get a nice camping tent setup (suggestions are welcome) and maybe decent camp kitchen setup for gear tunnel.
Anyhow, am new to the Rivian brand. Our other EV’s we have owned are Tesla model3 which was totalled in August, and nearly died in that car. And our other two we still have are i4 m50’s and honestly love them very much.
the r1t will be our dog car and 3rd spare care for seasonal weather and such.

We are hoping to meet other owners in the area but seems I tried this forums local clubs and there are no posts which was surprised to see.
The Bellevue location is not a dealership; it is illegal for Rivian to sell directly to consumers here in WA.

The CGM is the Communications (or Central?) Gateway Module. You can guess what it does, and seems and though you are seeing how it affects you when it fails. If your CGM is faulty, the hardware will need to be replaced.
What’s weird is I try to schedule appt at Bellevue location and nothing is avail. But I can choose Portland or Vancouver but that is super far away. Not sure why Bellevue has zero choices for any appts. Have tried again for third time this morning. Still nothing open. And must be another glitch in their app or whatever.
It isn't a glitch. They are backed up for months, and the app gives availability based on generic issues. The service advisors will then triage the ticket and can get you in earlier based on the severity of the issue.

nancy94024

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Mercedes EQE, Mercedes ML4009
Clubs

I have 5000 miles and first major issue. Completely dead. Non of the resets worked. 200 miles was on the range. Sitting in my garage. Went to get in for an important meeting and nothing. Dead. No reverse or forward or resets nothing. Very disappointing. No loaners and no rentals until the next day.
Never felt so disappointed. Plus the Rivian rep suggested I am liable for the tow unless the technician says it’s a warranty issue. I mean a 2 month old vehicle dead in my garage with 200 mile range last checked when I parked it 3 hrs earlier seems like a warranty issue to me.
We shall see how this plays out now.
what ended up happening?
Sponsored