Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Educator
Clubs

Is anyone using ElectraFi? I have used TeslaFi with my Tesla, and it works great. I love the data that I get from it. I have found that ElectraFi does not work with my R1T as it should. It only has read one trip and then doesn't work at all. For those using ElectraFi, what has been your experience?

I have not seen any apps out there like Tessie or Tezlab. Has anyone created something for Rivians?
Sponsored

Cycliste

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T/20AT/2DNU, BMC TMR01/SRAM AXS/454 NSW
Occupation
Amateur aero weenie
Clubs

ElectraFi has been great for me. Wish it displayed battery temperature.

I also hope for Rivian apps.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Is anyone using ElectraFi? I have used TeslaFi with my Tesla, and it works great. I love the data that I get from it. I have found that ElectraFi does not work with my R1T as it should. It only has read one trip and then doesn't work at all. For those using ElectraFi, what has been your experience?

I have not seen any apps out there like Tessie or Tezlab. Has anyone created something for Rivians?
Been flawless for me once the data started flowing. I did have an issue at first and had to reach out to support, though it sounded like a bug they've since fixed. There are around 300 Rivians on it at the moment.

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S DPM Max Pack 20" AT
Been flawless for me once the data started flowing. I did have an issue at first and had to reach out to support, though it sounded like a bug they've since fixed. There are around 300 Rivians on it at the moment.
I also hit a bug that required a hard reset before the data feed started working. Been smooth ever since!

Sponsored

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Make sure you are using a dummy driver account (one with no key) and not your main.
This!

How do you do that?
Go in the app to Security : Drivers and Keys and then tap on Invite a Driver. You can use your same email address (if something like Google) and just do [email protected] and it'll look like a different email, but will get delivered to the same place. Don't add any keys to that driver, but go ahead an create a new Rivian account from the message you receive and go through the steps to associate that new account with your truck. Once that's done, use that account to login to the Rivian API in ElectraFi. That way if for some reason the account gets locked you'll still have access to your app with your primary account.

Phatman113

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
This!

Go in the app to Security : Drivers and Keys and then tap on Invite a Driver. You can use your same email address (if something like Google) and just do [email protected] and it'll look like a different email, but will get delivered to the same place. Don't add any keys to that driver, but go ahead an create a new Rivian account from the message you receive and go through the steps to associate that new account with your truck. Once that's done, use that account to login to the Rivian API in ElectraFi. That way if for some reason the account gets locked you'll still have access to your app with your primary account.
To add to the google email thing... Google doesn't care about dots in the address
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
All of those will go to the same place, but almost every other system will consider them separate accounts. (also a somewhat useful way of tracking a couple places that might sell your email, though if you're concerned about that, you should use a separate one entirely...)
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7436150?hl=en

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
I dont recall any real issues since I signed up for electraFi with my Rivian. I most definitely created its own driver profile as well.

Rivian R1T R1S Anyone using ElectraFi ? Screenshot_20240220_143730_Chrome

If anyone is looking to sign up, referral link in my signature. Use my link and you will get double the trial length.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

To add to the google email thing... Google doesn't care about dots in the address
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
All of those will go to the same place, but almost every other system will consider them separate accounts. (also a somewhat useful way of tracking a couple places that might sell your email, though if you're concerned about that, you should use a separate one entirely...)
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7436150?hl=en
IIRC, the + modifier at least used to auto-tag the email with a label when you receive something, so it also stays out of your main inbox. Docs from gmail seem to indicate it doesn't do that anymore, but does make it really easy to setup filters and auto-apply labels yourself.

Step 1: Create a variation of your address

Just add a plus sign (+) and any word before the @ sign in your address.

For example, if your email address is [email protected], use [email protected] or [email protected].
Step 2: Automatically sort incoming messages based on the address

Set up a filter to automatically label and sort messages based on the address.

For instance, a filter can automatically archive and apply the News label to all incoming newsletters sent to [email protected]. When you're ready to read them, click News in your list of labels to find them.

Open Gmail.
In the search box at the top, click Show search options .
Under To, enter your task-specific email address, such as [email protected].
Click Create filter.
Choose what you want Gmail to do to these messages, such as archive, apply labels, and marking as important.
Click Create filter.

Sponsored

BCondrey

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
I just started using it, seems impressive. I opened a ticket with Rivian support to ask the question about APIs that could get at this data. The official response was that no public API exists. So, I wonder how Electrafi does this without a published API? They must have a special deal with Rivian. I would rather go get the data myself than have another company with access to all of this data of mine. They know EVERYTHING that happens with my truck. Where I go, when, etc.

OP
OP
-0-coach-0-

-0-coach-0-

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Educator
Clubs

This!

Thanks for this info. It works great now that I was able to set up a separate account to pull the data.

Flypony53

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, F150 Lightning Platinum
I have it with my Rivian, also use Teslafi with my Model Y. I love the data and the view. Electrafi worked without issue from day one, up until the moment our R1S was totaled. I did just notice a flaw in the data that incorrectly records the max speed. At times, looks like my wife was driving at 1762 mph, might be why she was run off the road by an 18 wheeler.

DeanB1452

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T LE/LG/BM
Occupation
IT Administrator
Clubs

I just finished the 2-month trial version and paid for the annual subscription. Lots of data! No issues.

Fmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 wrangler, 2023 R1S
Does RIVN get this data? Is it worth telling RIVN, I love my R1S but hate vampire drain? 3 miles/ day seems excessive.
Sponsored