Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian
Clubs

Via: https://www.wglt.org/post/work-begins-major-rivian-office-remodel-normal

Rivian R1T R1S Work Begins On Major Office Remodel at Rivian Normal Plant rivian_front

Work Begins On Major Rivian Office Remodel In Normal

Work is underway on the $1.3 million first phase of a major office remodel at the Rivian plant in Normal.

The electric vehicle startup bought the former Mitsubishi Motors plant for $16 million in 2017. It plans to begin manufacturing its pickup truck and sport utility vehicle there late next year.

Rivian is now working on a major remodel of the office space on the west side of the building, said Town of Normal Assistant Director of Inspections Scot Williams. The first phase of renovations, with a March 21 approved building permit, involves 24,000 square feet of office space, he said. They’re modernizing the office's look, upgrading lighting, adding a break room, and making other changes, he said.

Rivian’s hiring in Normal is expected to ramp up throughout this year and next. It now has around 750 employees companywide, with most in Michigan, California, and the U.K. To get its millions in local and state tax breaks, Rivian has promised to hire 1,000 full-time workers in Normal by 2024. If those jobs materialize Rivian would become one of McLean County's largest employers.

Farnsworth Group is the architect for the office remodel, with PJ Hoerr serving as contractor, said Williams. The IBEW 197 electricians’ union tweeted Sunday night that their members were working on the project over the weekend.

A Rivian spokesperson declined comment Wednesday on the office renovations, “other than to say the company is continuing with its renovation of the factory.”

In addition to meeting certain hiring thresholds, Rivian also must invest specific amounts of money to receive its full state and local incentives. To get its $1 million grant from the Town of Normal, it must invest $20 million in “project expenses” within five years. To get its property tax breaks, it must invest incrementally more project expenses each year, topping out at $40.5 million by December 2021.
Sponsored

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
The latest on tooling and production setup would be exciting but I know those things are never made public.

Rivian1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE
I hope the truck is better thought out for winter than the logo on this building was.
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe they need to put a building-colored blocker plate above the V to keep the snow out of there.

You don't want to make your brand look bad like that.

MEKNEE

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Honda Civic, 2013 Honda accord, 2016 Corvette Z51, 2011 Cadillac EXT
I am ahead of myself but I am hoping Rivian will have a lease program for the vehicles. Looking for business use.
Sponsored