What would you like to see on your new Rivian or from the Rivian company??

Discussion in 'Rivian General Discussions' started by Jazzyjeff139, May 30, 2019.

1. CappyJax

CappyJax Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    Subaru Forester
    I keep telling them they need 30 amp 120V plug so people can plug in their RVs and boondocks for extended periods of time. Seems like a no brainer because any RV you could tow with the Rivian would have a 30 amp plug. Also, an RV could be made all electric, and even half the 180kwh pack would provide a longer duration boon docking than a 5 gallon propane tank. Actually, with the efficiency of electric, it might even be better than 10 gallons of propane.

2. BGS

BGS Member

First Name:
    Bill
    Vehicles:
    Just sold my F150 in anticipation of buying a Jeep Gladiator. That is, until I found you guys. Currently driving a 19 Mitsubishi Elcipse Cross because they had 0% financing. Also, a couple Harleys in the garage.
    Heated windshield along with heated washer fluid for us Northern folks.
    Loved the windshield on my old Range Rover Sport.
    That one little piece of ice on the wiper blade will really mess up your day.

3. RockDaphne98296

First Name:
    Julie
    Vehicles:
    R1S Preorder, 2017 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium PHEV, 2016 Ford F-350 XLT
    Commercial Aerospace Interiors
    THIS!!!!

Kickaha and Jazzyjeff139 like this.
  4. MEKNEE

MEKNEE Member

First Name:
    Shannon
    Vehicles:
    2019 Honda Civic, 2013 Honda accord, 2016 Corvette Z51, 2011 Cadillac EXT
    CAR PLAY has a weather feature that does what you want. I have it on my corvette and it works well. It picks the area that it reports so you can't just punch in a spot.

5. Michael W

Michael W Member

First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicles:
    2018 Explorer Platinum
    360° camera available any time
    Self parking
    Sirius rather than XM (I have a lifetime Sirius subscription)
    400 mile range with 7 seats
    HUD
    Full-sized spare
    EL stretched version up that you can carry enough luggage/gear for 7 people.
    Heated/cooled/massage seats all around
    Level 2 home charger included in price

6. 1shadowsabre

1shadowsabre New Member

First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicles:
    Tesla M3 Ram 1500 ecodiesel Honda Shadow Sabre
    I would like to know the towing #s including some baseline ranges for sat a 7000 lb trailer

7. MEKNEE

MEKNEE Member

First Name:
    Shannon
    Vehicles:
    2019 Honda Civic, 2013 Honda accord, 2016 Corvette Z51, 2011 Cadillac EXT
    I am hoping that Rivian does not require us to buy large packages of options. I want to build my truck specifically without having to pay for accessories I don't want. I also hope that Rivian offers lease programs or at least hooks us up with leasing companies. I have a feeling that a top line truck is going to cost more than $80 K. I want to lease for business purposes and tax breaks plus lower payments.

8. 1shadowsabre

1shadowsabre New Member

First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicles:
    Tesla M3 Ram 1500 ecodiesel Honda Shadow Sabre
    There will probably not be any bare bones options for a while. They will sell premium models with lots of expensive (read profitable) options at first so they can make money. They "value" type models will come later.

Hmp10 likes this.
  9. Hmp10

Hmp10 Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    2015 Tesla Model S P90D; 2018 Honda Odyssey
    I suspect that lease payments will be exorbitantly high in relation to vehicle price, at least in the first few years. A big factor in lease payments is residual value, and it will take some time before enough used Rivians enter the market for a resale value to be established. Consequently, lease companies have to hedge against poor resale values by setting lease rates very high.

This happened with Tesla in the first few years. Lease rates were through the roof relative to what the lease rates were on similarly-priced ICEs. They eventually came down once Teslas began to get good prices in the resale market.

EVs are now more established in the market, but Rivian is still a new entrant making a novel product even within the context of EVs. I think resale prices will remain speculative for a good while.

EyeOnRivian likes this.
  10. FutureBoy61

FutureBoy61 Member

First Name:
    Ronald
    Vehicles:
    2010 F150 XLT 4.6L 3V
    #25 FutureBoy61, Sep 3, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    I live in MI and I would like (as already stated) towing specification similar to how towing specs are published for a non-EV P-Trucks. Will the pickup be offered from the factory with a towing option installed? I camp and sometimes tow a trailer. I expect a large hit to range when towing, I would like an idea as to what I can expect. I have a 9000lbs towhauler (when it's loaded with toys). I also have a 3500lbs fishing boat/trailer. How can/will the pickup handle towing? I'm expecting a 60% drop in range when towing (fully loaded) but am hoping to be surprised with a higher towing range capability. What is going to be the best set-up for towing? How does cold weather affect the towing characteristics?, etc.
    All this towing talk reminds me that I'll need a Reese hitch to tow anything. All pictures so far of the Rivian R1T have not included such a feature. I would suppose a hefty trailer hitch would be included as standard and not necessarily be an option.
    Being a novice to EVs, I have another question. What is the power inlet plug being installed on the Rivian models. I have seen two standards out there and there seems to some debate as to which one will be the dominant one that is readily and routinely available. I want to install a home charging unit to match the Rivian and want to have it installed and ready to go before the PT delivery is ready for me.
    Third question about Rivian service. Will there be independent service centers for Rivians or will Rivian collaborate with Ford or someone else for vehicle maintenance and routine service (in Michigan specifically).
    Lots of questions but I'm excited about this change coming to the automotive industry (and the world).

11. Mjhirsch78

Mjhirsch78 Member

First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicles:
    Honda Odyssey will become an RT1
    Teacher
    Big priorities:
    1. Repair when it inevitably gets dinged up on our Washington gravel. Trails outside Olympic National Park, Mt. St. Helens, and Mt. Rainier all have rough roads and knowing we can get our baby fixed up fairly easily when the big stuff inevitably cracks would be a huge relief.

2. Lots of info about charging in parks.

3. Charging stations for our home as a perk would be sweet, especially if they somehow can make using the truck as a battery for the house when the power goes out straightforward.

4. Convincing my wife to let me pre-order rather than having to wait would be an added bonus.

Kickaha likes this.
  12. skyote

skyote Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    Jeeps & 2500HD Duramax
    LOL at #4! Let her know you're already looking at a long wait...I'm guessing mid to late 2021 if you preordered now.

Preorder isn't a commitment, and you do want to get in line, right? ;-)

Mjhirsch78 likes this.
  13. VinsRiv

VinsRiv Member

First Name:
    Vince
    Vehicles:
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    If its anything like the tesla preorders, I think it would be wise to wait cause its not much more of a wait after the preorders get done. Unless Rivian gives out some nice incentives, BTW i try to convince my wife also, just my 2 cents

Mjhirsch78 likes this.
  14. aAlpine

aAlpine Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    2014 4Runner
    One feature request I had was the ability for the airbag suspension auto-level the vehicle when parked. The use case here is if you're sleeping in the SUV or have got a tent on the roof or bed. I imagine this shouldn't even be too hard to implement, should be software feature since I think all the hardware is there already.

Brewbud likes this.
  15. EyeOnRivian

EyeOnRivian Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    Mitsubishi Endeavor, pre-ordered R1S but may change to R1T
    I like this idea, however, instead of tying it into when parked, as an airbag can still provide some benefits albeit low probability, I'd rather see it tied into a mode similar to Tesla's "party and camper mode" which is a feature I would request. It allows running the climate control, selective lights, music, and power outlets. Seems like a natural fit to also add suspending the airbag.

aAlpine likes this.