Sponsored

What would you like to see on your new Rivian or from the Rivian company??

CappyJax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
I keep telling them they need 30 amp 120V plug so people can plug in their RVs and boondocks for extended periods of time. Seems like a no brainer because any RV you could tow with the Rivian would have a 30 amp plug. Also, an RV could be made all electric, and even half the 180kwh pack would provide a longer duration boon docking than a 5 gallon propane tank. Actually, with the efficiency of electric, it might even be better than 10 gallons of propane.
Sponsored

BGS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just sold my F150 in anticipation of buying a Jeep Gladiator. That is, until I found you guys. Currently driving a 19 Mitsubishi Elcipse Cross because they had 0% financing. Also, a couple Harleys in the garage.
Clubs

Heated windshield along with heated washer fluid for us Northern folks.
Loved the windshield on my old Range Rover Sport.
That one little piece of ice on the wiper blade will really mess up your day.

RockDaphne98296

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE,
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
Things I want to see on R1T:

• Cameras in side the production facility so that I can watch my truck I ordered being built as it goes through the assembly line with Notifications emailed to me when it is about to pass through the next stage so I can view it on that camera. And Progress notifications as well. Keep the excitement going
THIS!!!!

MEKNEE

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Honda Civic, 2013 Honda accord, 2016 Corvette Z51, 2011 Cadillac EXT
Since we are dealing with a clean sheet approach, I would love to see someone finally integrate the GPS/map functionality with weather radar forecasting. Let the user configure a route from point A to point B and show projected weather radar along the route. Include the option of showing real time weather anywhere along the route and future projections locally or along the way to allow for efficient planning of stops (eating/charging) or detours. Further add live traffic and we have a stellar app on the big beautiful center display! Make sure it is totally controllable via voice.

The data stream could come either from a built in data connection (4G/5G) or piggy backing on one's smartphone. All the pieces are there - I just have not seen them properly integrated yet. Hopefully Rivian will be the one to finally pull it all together...
CAR PLAY has a weather feature that does what you want. I have it on my corvette and it works well. It picks the area that it reports so you can't just punch in a spot.

Michael W

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Explorer Platinum
360° camera available any time
Self parking
Sirius rather than XM (I have a lifetime Sirius subscription)
400 mile range with 7 seats
HUD
Full-sized spare
EL stretched version up that you can carry enough luggage/gear for 7 people.
Heated/cooled/massage seats all around
Level 2 home charger included in price

Sponsored

1shadowsabre

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 Ram 1500 ecodiesel Honda Shadow Sabre
I would like to know the towing #s including some baseline ranges for sat a 7000 lb trailer

MEKNEE

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Honda Civic, 2013 Honda accord, 2016 Corvette Z51, 2011 Cadillac EXT
I am hoping that Rivian does not require us to buy large packages of options. I want to build my truck specifically without having to pay for accessories I don't want. I also hope that Rivian offers lease programs or at least hooks us up with leasing companies. I have a feeling that a top line truck is going to cost more than $80 K. I want to lease for business purposes and tax breaks plus lower payments.

1shadowsabre

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 Ram 1500 ecodiesel Honda Shadow Sabre
There will probably not be any bare bones options for a while. They will sell premium models with lots of expensive (read profitable) options at first so they can make money. They "value" type models will come later.

Hmp10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S P90D; 2018 Honda Odyssey
I want to lease for business purposes and tax breaks plus lower payments.
I suspect that lease payments will be exorbitantly high in relation to vehicle price, at least in the first few years. A big factor in lease payments is residual value, and it will take some time before enough used Rivians enter the market for a resale value to be established. Consequently, lease companies have to hedge against poor resale values by setting lease rates very high.

This happened with Tesla in the first few years. Lease rates were through the roof relative to what the lease rates were on similarly-priced ICEs. They eventually came down once Teslas began to get good prices in the resale market.

EVs are now more established in the market, but Rivian is still a new entrant making a novel product even within the context of EVs. I think resale prices will remain speculative for a good while.

FutureBoy61

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 XLT 4.6L 3V
I live in MI and I would like (as already stated) towing specification similar to how towing specs are published for a non-EV P-Trucks. Will the pickup be offered from the factory with a towing option installed? I camp and sometimes tow a trailer. I expect a large hit to range when towing, I would like an idea as to what I can expect. I have a 9000lbs towhauler (when it's loaded with toys). I also have a 3500lbs fishing boat/trailer. How can/will the pickup handle towing? I'm expecting a 60% drop in range when towing (fully loaded) but am hoping to be surprised with a higher towing range capability. What is going to be the best set-up for towing? How does cold weather affect the towing characteristics?, etc.
All this towing talk reminds me that I'll need a Reese hitch to tow anything. All pictures so far of the Rivian R1T have not included such a feature. I would suppose a hefty trailer hitch would be included as standard and not necessarily be an option.
Being a novice to EVs, I have another question. What is the power inlet plug being installed on the Rivian models. I have seen two standards out there and there seems to some debate as to which one will be the dominant one that is readily and routinely available. I want to install a home charging unit to match the Rivian and want to have it installed and ready to go before the PT delivery is ready for me.
Third question about Rivian service. Will there be independent service centers for Rivians or will Rivian collaborate with Ford or someone else for vehicle maintenance and routine service (in Michigan specifically).
Lots of questions but I'm excited about this change coming to the automotive industry (and the world).

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
Big priorities:
1. Repair when it inevitably gets dinged up on our Washington gravel. Trails outside Olympic National Park, Mt. St. Helens, and Mt. Rainier all have rough roads and knowing we can get our baby fixed up fairly easily when the big stuff inevitably cracks would be a huge relief.

2. Lots of info about charging in parks.

3. Charging stations for our home as a perk would be sweet, especially if they somehow can make using the truck as a battery for the house when the power goes out straightforward.

4. Convincing my wife to let me pre-order rather than having to wait would be an added bonus.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
4. Convincing my wife to let me pre-order rather than having to wait would be an added bonus.
LOL at #4! Let her know you're already looking at a long wait...I'm guessing mid to late 2021 if you preordered now.

Preorder isn't a commitment, and you do want to get in line, right? ;-)

VinsRiv

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
LOL at #4! Let her know you're already looking at a long wait...I'm guessing mid to late 2021 if you preordered now.

Preorder isn't a commitment, and you do want to get in line, right? ;-)
If its anything like the tesla preorders, I think it would be wise to wait cause its not much more of a wait after the preorders get done. Unless Rivian gives out some nice incentives, BTW i try to convince my wife also, just my 2 cents

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner
One feature request I had was the ability for the airbag suspension auto-level the vehicle when parked. The use case here is if you're sleeping in the SUV or have got a tent on the roof or bed. I imagine this shouldn't even be too hard to implement, should be software feature since I think all the hardware is there already.

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
One feature request I had was the ability for the airbag suspension auto-level the vehicle when parked. The use case here is if you're sleeping in the SUV or have got a tent on the roof or bed. I imagine this shouldn't even be too hard to implement, should be software feature since I think all the hardware is there already.
I like this idea, however, instead of tying it into when parked, as an airbag can still provide some benefits albeit low probability, I'd rather see it tied into a mode similar to Tesla's "party and camper mode" which is a feature I would request. It allows running the climate control, selective lights, music, and power outlets. Seems like a natural fit to also add suspending the airbag.
Sponsored