First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

As I was sitting in front of my computer I thought I might check out Rivian's website. Low and behold they have completely redesigned it. It is very nicely done with some new pictures as well.

And to the SOMETHING ELSE...

The charge door has MOST DEFINITELY always been on the passenger side of the truck. In this image it is now clearly on the DRIVER side. Before you say it is a mirrored image, note the location of the steering wheel in the picture. Either this is a 2nd fully assembled truck and they have decided to move it to the driver's side, or we may have the option?????

Thoughts?

After having my rollerskate Chevy SparkEV with the port on the driver's side, I really would like it to be on the drivers side...especially in some situations where EVSEs are in parallel parking spots.

Good stuff.

Rivian R1T R1S Website Redesign and SOMETHING ELSE! Rivian.PNG
Sponsored

Last edited:

krcossin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 Suburban LTZ + 19 Volvo XC40
What if they gave us both sides! Plug both in for double the recharge rate!
Oh to dream.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

My biggest concern with the charging port location was that it was literally on the opposite side of the car from my Tesla. In order to charge a Rivian, I would either need to relocate my plug or back into my garage. Having it on the driver's side would make it easier as the cord would have plenty of length to reach as it's currently mounted.

RJ Rogers

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1984 Suzuki Sierra
Occupation
High School Student
Had a quick look at the website and it looks pretty good. Way more photos then before and overall the website is more complete looking. Only issue I’ve found is it doesn’t work the best on my phone.

OP
OP
jimcgov3

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

Had a quick look at the website and it looks pretty good. Way more photos then before and overall the website is more complete looking. Only issue I’ve found is it doesn’t work the best on my phone.
Totally agree on the mobile site. It is not the best. The FAQ even has some good info and specs that are now in inches.

Sponsored

BGS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just sold my F150 in anticipation of buying a Jeep Gladiator. That is, until I found you guys. Currently driving a 19 Mitsubishi Elcipse Cross because they had 0% financing. Also, a couple Harleys in the garage.
Clubs

Two piece removable roof could be interesting. I could see the aftermarket develop some type of soft top.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
As I was sitting in front of my computer I thought I might check out Rivian's website. Low and behold they have completely redesigned it. It is very nicely done with some new pictures as well.

And to the SOMETHING ELSE...

The charge door has MOST DEFINITELY always been on the passenger side of the truck. In this image it is now clearly on the DRIVER side. Before you say it is a mirrored image, note the location of the steering wheel in the picture. Either this is a 2nd fully assembled truck and they have decided to move it to the driver's side, or we may have the option?????

Thoughts?

After having my rollerskate Chevy SparkEV with the port on the driver's side, I really would like it to be on the drivers side...especially in some situations where EVSEs are in parallel parking spots.

Good stuff.

Rivian.PNG
Looks to me like the door is just digitally superimposed on the image...

Hmp10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S P90D; 2018 Honda Odyssey
I would hope the charging port would be on the driver's side, as most EV drivers unplug and plug in their cars every time they leave or return home. It's considerably more convenient to have the port on the driver's side.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I would hope the charging port would be on the driver's side, as most EV drivers unplug and plug in their cars every time they leave or return home. It's considerably more convenient to have the port on the driver's side.
Based on the actual vehicle, it is on the passenger side.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Rivian team told someone at one of the events that the charging port would be on the drivers side in production. Prototype vehicles do (or did?) have it on the passenger, but this will change.
Sponsored