Rivian, Wrangler...or Bronco?

Discussion in 'Rivian General Discussions' started by skyote, Jan 16, 2020.

1. skyote

skyote Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    Jeeps & 2500HD Duramax
    Just curious...are there any others here that would love to see a Rivian-powered Jeep Wrangler competitor w/ removable doors, top, etc?

I'm a huge Jeep guy & am eagerly awaiting the reveal of the new Ford Bronco as well to see what it will offer. The thought occurred to me that Rivian & Ford could easily beat Jeep to the punch by offering a Rivian-powered Bronco...I wouldn't be able to buy one fast enough.

Rad likes this.
  2. Rad

Rad Member

Vehicles:
    2016 and 2004 MDX, 2005 Accord, 1998 Jeep TJ
    Yes, I would. I'm actually contemplating a new Jeep now - I need a SUV/truck that is off road capable. If they (Rivian and Jeep or Ford) could work together and get something to market quickly - I'd be a buyer. As it stands - I'll hold onto my R1T reservation, but I need to see how the end product performs.

skyote likes this.
  3. skyote

skyote Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    Jeeps & 2500HD Duramax
    I think both R1T & R1S will be very capable offroad.

My thought is something a bit more fun (doors/top), a little tamer performance wise (400 hp would be great), with more articulation, larger tires, & more customization options, with less focus on efficiency.

Rad likes this.
  4. Rad

Rad Member

Vehicles:
    2016 and 2004 MDX, 2005 Accord, 1998 Jeep TJ
    I like the ideas, especially more articulation, tires and fun (doors/top)! I am hopeful that the R1T/S will be very capable offroad and I'm looking forward to seeing them in action on/in rugged conditions :).

skyote likes this.
  5. skyote

skyote Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    Jeeps & 2500HD Duramax
    We need more video from the Long Way Up trucks, and/or capability demo videos from the Rivian team. Actually, I'd like to see BOTH controlled demo & real world videos from difficult/technical terrain.

As one example of controlled demo, check out the videos at the bottom of this link...Rivian would ace this:
    https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-3-beats-audi-quattro-in-roller-test-video/

aAlpine and Rad like this.
  6. azjohnny

azjohnny Well-Known Member

First Name:
    john
    Vehicles:
    Tesla Model S 100D Toyota Tundra
  7. skyote

skyote Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    Jeeps & 2500HD Duramax
    Man, I just really don't think Bollinger is compelling in any way...especially price. I've followed them since concept phase, long before Rivian, but they just don't deliver on anything I want as a buyer.

godfodder0901 likes this.
  8. Lmirafuente

Lmirafuente Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Lionel
    Vehicles:
    BMW740i
    totally agree!

skyote likes this.
  9. BillArnett

BillArnett Member

First Name:
    Bill
    Vehicles:
    Jeep Wrangler; Tesla Model S
    I just want an electric 4x4 that can do the Rubicon Trail without any body damage. Rivian is close but not quite there, as far as I can tell. But bigger tires, better approach and departure angles, serious under armor are just about all that’s needed. Should be pretty doable.

Sure, not many RIvian buyers will actually want to drive a trail that difficult. But a vehicle that can do the Rubicon can do the lesser trails with ease. That means more looking at the scenery and less at the road. Isn’t that just what Rivian is all about??

skyote likes this.