Rivian Waiting Room: Have you pre-ordered with deposit?

Discussion in 'Ordering, Pricing, Delivery' started by Electronaut, Feb 13, 2019.

?
  1. R1T Pickup

53.8%
  2. R1S SUV

44.1%
  3. Waiting for more info before pre-ordering

6.2%
  4. Waiting for Rally inspired Rivian

2.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. franke

franke Member

First Name:
    Frank
    Vehicles:
    Lotus Elise
    Thanks! It sounds like when your number is up you can just configure whichever vehicle you want. I'm sort of hoping if you decide to switch to the R1S you can configure it even if it's not officially available yet.

2. Lil'O Annie

Lil'O Annie Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    Chevy BoltEV
    Guess I hadn't chimed in on this post as yet, so, yes, I have a pre-order in originally for a R1S, but we've decided to go for the R1T instead when the time comes.

Electronaut likes this.
  3. BlindDawg

BlindDawg New Member

First Name:
    Rich
    Vehicles:
    Jeep JL Rubicon
    I have a deposit on the truck.

Electronaut likes this.
  4. Cactusone

Cactusone Member

First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicles:
    Toyota Tacoma Acura RDX corvette
    I’m in for the R1T.

Electronaut likes this.
  5. XBS

XBS New Member

Vehicles:
    2018 Model 3 AWD, 2017 Chevy Bolt EV
    Placed my deposit for an R1S after the LA Autoshow. I was very impressed with the platform and plan to buy the mid range battery with 3rd row seat for my wife.

Only thing I don’t like is her car will be faster than my tesla....

Going to be a long wait!

skyote, cllc and Electronaut like this.
  6. Hmp10

Hmp10 Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    2015 Tesla Model S P90D; 2018 Honda Odyssey
    I put a deposit down last year on a Lucid Air sedan. I love my Tesla but find it's too uncomfortable for adults in the back seat, and the Lucid Air solves that problem.

But then my brother, who also has a Tesla and is a real EV gear head, told me about Rivian. The more I looked at it, the more intrigued I got by the R1S. I've now put down a deposit on that, too.

The Lucid and the Rivian will hit the market about the same time, so I guess I've got more than a year to make a decision about which one actually to configure for an order. The vehicles are so different that I might just decide to order both. The only problem is that I would then depend on the R1S to haul more than four adults (something I do fairly often), a task which is currently handled by my Honda Odyssey, with is easily the most comfortable vehicle I've ever owned for more than four passengers . . . and it handles surprisingly well, too, for such a vehicle.

Electronaut likes this.
  7. alchymia

alchymia New Member

Vehicles:
    Tesla Performance 3
    In for a R1T, can't wait.

8. DocTwinkie

DocTwinkie Well-Known Member

First Name:
    George
    Vehicles:
    2019 Acura RDX, 2014 Volvo XC60
    I preordered right after the LA auto show reveal. Everything about this truck is 100% what I want out of my next car. I'm working on getting down to a goal weight (been heavy all my life) and if I can loose the next 100 (50 down) then this will be my midline crisis car... maybe. I was going to do a plug in wrangler but the lack of autonomous features (stop/go, LKAS, etc) and lousy crash testing has kept me away. That said I'm trying real hard to decide how responsible dropping 100K on a truck is. A fully loaded Ram is like 60k once you get the sticker down. This will start at 69 (plus tax credit) but even starting at 60 it all depends how equipped it is. If I have to drop another 10k, maybe. 20.... I dunno. More than that I could do but I could also spend that money on kid's education, vacations, etc. I was super excited about the wrangler until I saw the crash tests and just thought I couldn't justify a gas guzzling death trap no matter how many fond memories I have of it as a kid. This one all comes down to price and value. A Kona is less than 30k after credit and that's a looooot of money left over to go vacationing. We are going to the preview event for preorder folks in April in New York and hopefully that will help sway me.

Jazzyjeff139, krcossin and Rivian1 like this.
  9. Rivian1

Rivian1 Member

Vehicles:
    ICE
    I preordered the R1S. Need to carry little ones and their stuff. The pass thru compartment looks cool for baby strollers and such, but I like having the option of a 3rd row if I need it. I figure if I need an open bed to carry stuff home from HD, I'll borrow a truck from work.

10. farsider3000

farsider3000 New Member

Vehicles:
    Rivian R1S preordered, Toyota 4Runner Limited 4x4
    Just preordered my R1S! I have been looking at Teslas and Range Rovers and the R1S looks perfect for me. Here in Houston I have had two occasions to need to drive through 2.5ft of flood waters and I love the look and performance of the Rivian... and it is an EV which I am really excited about. Now I hope that they can get to production as soon as possible.

skyote and Administrator like this.
  11. MattpR1T

MattpR1T Member

Vehicles:
    63’ Chevy Corvair, 75’ CB400 four
    I’m in for an R1T (did the username give it away). Here’s to hoping they come to the Miami auto show so I can see one in person.

12. WTF_Over

WTF_Over New Member

Vehicles:
    Tesla 3 Long Range Dual Motor. R1T PreOrder
    Guess I should check-in. I put a deposit on a R1T back in November.

13. HMBxplore

HMBxplore Member

First Name:
    Scotty
    Vehicles:
    2004.5 Dodge Ram
    I’ve always said to my diesel friends... “When someone makes an electric truck that is as capable as my Ram 2500, I’ll buy it.” Y’all already have my $1k... will be selling the Cummins winter 2020

Jazzyjeff139 likes this.
  14. bathbunny

bathbunny Member

Vehicles:
    Tesla Model 3 RWD LR, first-production
    That's OK: you can still outdistance her on any curvy roads -- the R1T will not corner like a Model S, much less like a Model 3.

15. bathbunny

bathbunny Member

Vehicles:
    Tesla Model 3 RWD LR, first-production
    Yup, put in my $1K the day Rivian opened preorders.
    Wished Rivian offered a version without a second row of seating and devoted that space to a longer bed (the bed is clearly too short), but I guess it's not meant to be a utility pickup and "adventures" clearly have in mind families.
    Perhaps there will be an R1U (U for utility) version, with long bed and single-row seating, by the time production starts.

16. Ronnie Raygun

Ronnie Raygun New Member

First Name:
    Porter
    Vehicles:
    2019 Jeep Cherokee Latitude + 4x4, 2010 Mini Cooper Clubman Laurel Sport Edition
    Just preordered the R1S but might change the model depending on the R1T options available and other models released.

17. paariv

paariv New Member

First Name:
    Paul
    Vehicles:
    328xi wagon
    I don't think the R1S has a pass through, only the R1T. I have 2 little ones so am getting the R1S, but I think we're not going to have that storage available.

18. Alan Burns

Alan Burns Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Alan
    Vehicles:
    2016 GMC Terrain, 1967 Chevrolet 1/2 ton p/u
    There are a number of aftermarket accessories which can be used on pickups to extend the length of the bed the additional length of the tailgate laid out flat. Sometimes this is almost solid and other times it may be meshlike. I am sure it won't take long for one of the 3rd parties to outfit the R1T with one of their models.

19. Alan Burns

Alan Burns Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Alan
    Vehicles:
    2016 GMC Terrain, 1967 Chevrolet 1/2 ton p/u
    This one looks to be useful and folds for storage on the inside of the tailgate. It might be lined with a tarp to carry loose leaves or grass mowings and garden clippings.

https://www.etrailer.com/Bed-Extender/Topline/BX4004-02.html

A quick internet search will bring up other brands and designs.

20. EyeOnRivian

EyeOnRivian Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    Mitsubishi Endeavor, pre-ordered R1S but may change to R1T
    Well, after months of following Rivian and forums, I pulled the trigger earlier this week as I placed my pre-order deposit for the R1S. Given that, I'm still very anxious to see either of these EAVs in person *and* hopefully sit in one of them. Though, I get the feeling if I want this to happen sooner than latter I'm going to have to take a rood trip. It would have to be within a reasonable distance (midwest) as I'll need to save my pennies if I'm going to keep my order. :piggybank::D

paariv likes this.