Sponsored

Rivian Waiting Room: Have you pre-ordered with deposit?

What have you pre-ordered?

• Total voters

krcossin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 Suburban LTZ + 19 Volvo XC40
I'm in the pre-order deposit line for the R1T. Would be nice to know my order number.
I'm leaning towards the mid-level battery pack option, seems like it has the weight savings to provide the best performance.

emt98375

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic, Pilot, Harley 48
Have my deposit in on the R1T the concept and capabilities of an off road truck with that kind of range and torque have me super excited. Wanted a smaller to midsize truck and the storage options, vehicle design, and features included make this truck ideal for an outdoor enthusiast in the Pacific Northwest. And the timing of launch is perfect for when I was looking to buy a truck. I think the company is doing the right thing in innovating the design to fit the lifestyles of people who aren’t the typical electric vehicle crowd.

A Hawk

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i8
I'm in the pre-order deposit line for the R1T. Would be nice to know my order number.
Yea this whole direct sales thing is definitely a new experience for me... from placing a deposit online to not having a sales advisor to bug for order updates and my place in the sale queue. Probably a good thing considering how obsessive I get when having a deposit down on a new car :angry:

Alan Burns

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 GMC Terrain, 1967 Chevrolet 1/2 ton p/u
Would be nice to see a show of hands of who's ordered so far. I'm in for a R1T with my $1k deposit! :)
I preordered an R1T in December and thought I might prefer an SUV like my Ford Explorer, GMC Envoy and GMC Terrain. Then the photos of the R1S came out and I decided the R1T had nearly everything I was looking for in an SUV plus the ability to carry building materials and oversize outdoor toys.

I can't wait to get the chance to build my truck.

Sponsored

franke

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lotus Elise
Hi Franke,

Unfortunately all I have is that quote in my confirmation email - here is the complete response minus a few links and other personal details:

Your Rivian preorder is confirmed.

If at any time you decide you'd like to switch models, no need to cancel your order and lose your place in line — when it’s time to configure your vehicle, you’ll be able to switch between the R1T and R1S.

Production will begin in 2020. Fully equipped vehicles with the highest performance level and largest battery pack will enter production first. Our 180 kWh and 135 kWh packs will be available at launch with the 105 kWh to follow in 2021.

I would think that if you change to the other type of vehicle you would be slotted into the selected vehicles wait list - but I really can't guess how they would handle it, especially if you move from the truck to the SUV which I think is coming out a little later than the truck.
Thanks! It sounds like when your number is up you can just configure whichever vehicle you want. I'm sort of hoping if you decide to switch to the R1S you can configure it even if it's not officially available yet.

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Guess I hadn't chimed in on this post as yet, so, yes, I have a pre-order in originally for a R1S, but we've decided to go for the R1T instead when the time comes.

Cactusone

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma Acura RDX corvette
I’m in for the R1T.

XBS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 AWD, 2017 Chevy Bolt EV
Placed my deposit for an R1S after the LA Autoshow. I was very impressed with the platform and plan to buy the mid range battery with 3rd row seat for my wife.

Only thing I don’t like is her car will be faster than my tesla....

Going to be a long wait!

Sponsored

Hmp10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S P90D; 2018 Honda Odyssey
I put a deposit down last year on a Lucid Air sedan. I love my Tesla but find it's too uncomfortable for adults in the back seat, and the Lucid Air solves that problem.

But then my brother, who also has a Tesla and is a real EV gear head, told me about Rivian. The more I looked at it, the more intrigued I got by the R1S. I've now put down a deposit on that, too.

The Lucid and the Rivian will hit the market about the same time, so I guess I've got more than a year to make a decision about which one actually to configure for an order. The vehicles are so different that I might just decide to order both. The only problem is that I would then depend on the R1S to haul more than four adults (something I do fairly often), a task which is currently handled by my Honda Odyssey, with is easily the most comfortable vehicle I've ever owned for more than four passengers . . . and it handles surprisingly well, too, for such a vehicle.

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Acura RDX, 2014 Volvo XC60
I preordered right after the LA auto show reveal. Everything about this truck is 100% what I want out of my next car. I'm working on getting down to a goal weight (been heavy all my life) and if I can loose the next 100 (50 down) then this will be my midline crisis car... maybe. I was going to do a plug in wrangler but the lack of autonomous features (stop/go, LKAS, etc) and lousy crash testing has kept me away. That said I'm trying real hard to decide how responsible dropping 100K on a truck is. A fully loaded Ram is like 60k once you get the sticker down. This will start at 69 (plus tax credit) but even starting at 60 it all depends how equipped it is. If I have to drop another 10k, maybe. 20.... I dunno. More than that I could do but I could also spend that money on kid's education, vacations, etc. I was super excited about the wrangler until I saw the crash tests and just thought I couldn't justify a gas guzzling death trap no matter how many fond memories I have of it as a kid. This one all comes down to price and value. A Kona is less than 30k after credit and that's a looooot of money left over to go vacationing. We are going to the preview event for preorder folks in April in New York and hopefully that will help sway me.

Rivian1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE
I preordered the R1S. Need to carry little ones and their stuff. The pass thru compartment looks cool for baby strollers and such, but I like having the option of a 3rd row if I need it. I figure if I need an open bed to carry stuff home from HD, I'll borrow a truck from work.

farsider3000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S preordered, Toyota 4Runner Limited 4x4
Just preordered my R1S! I have been looking at Teslas and Range Rovers and the R1S looks perfect for me. Here in Houston I have had two occasions to need to drive through 2.5ft of flood waters and I love the look and performance of the Rivian... and it is an EV which I am really excited about. Now I hope that they can get to production as soon as possible.
Sponsored