Sponsored

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas
I am pretty sure that this is a Colors thread...:blush: unless we are talking about colored solar panels..:giggle:
Thread drift, don't ya love it?

When are they going to announce the remaining colors they will offer?

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
When are they going to announce the remaining colors they will offer?
I believe Rivian has said when the online configurator becomes available, 2Q 2020, though I don't know what's the big deal for them to not reveal the remaining colors beforehand. I suspect it may trickle out just like with most things with Rivian -- trickle marketing / PR.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Give me a fire hose, I'm tired of the trickle. Send me free stuff & keep me engaged in other ways...trickle marketing sucks.

Tyker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda3
Give me a fire hose, I'm tired of the trickle. Send me free stuff & keep me engaged in other ways...trickle marketing sucks.
Same, I was hoping they would release something intriguing in the days following the Tesla truck reveal. Guess I'll just continue to look for South America updates heh.

Sponsored

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y
I believe Rivian has said when the online configurator becomes available, 2Q 2020, though I don't know what's the big deal for them to not reveal the remaining colors beforehand. I suspect it may trickle out just like with most things with Rivian -- trickle marketing / PR.
I agree, it would be nice for the reservation holders to get something this year: Colors, seat options…anything. Where was it officially said the configurator was only coming on line Q2 2020, by representatives at events? On December 4th 2018 the Rivian Twitter account had said it would be ‘late 2019’- I see no update about that since...

PoorPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have some vehicles and stuff
Clubs

I agree, it would be nice for the reservation holders to get something this year: Colors, seat options…anything. Where was it officially said the configurator was only coming on line Q2 2020, by representatives at events? On December 4th 2018 the Rivian Twitter account had said it would be ‘late 2019’- I see no update about that since...
I agree. They had initially said configuration emails would be sent out towards the end of 2019, but after speaking to reps at several events the answer I got was, “more than likely first part of 2020 with test drives being offered mid to late 2020.”

I understand wanting to get everything right before a full-on launch, but I’m a stickler for punctuality and deadlines so delays like this, though minor in the grand scheme, irritate the crap out of me.

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
I agree. They had initially said configuration emails would be sent out towards the end of 2019, but after speaking to reps at several events the answer I got was, “more than likely first part of 2020 with test drives being offered mid to late 2020.”

I understand wanting to get everything right before a full-on launch, but I’m a stickler for punctuality and deadlines so delays like this, though minor in the grand scheme, irritate the crap out of me.
To be fair, if Rivian were pre-model-3-life-lessons Musk, we'd be mad at them because they didn't hit their March 2019 launch date promise right about now.

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
I was thinking the same thing when I read about this Cybertruck feature. I’ve asked this question multiple times at different Rivian events and was always told, “it will never work”. Granted 15 miles is not a lot, but if you're parked for 2,3, or 5 days while camping, hiking, etc., it could add up to something worthwhile. Maybe Rivian will take notice?
I agree. Plus, since I don't want a huge chunk of hot glass above my head a solar panel would be a perfect replacement!

Sponsored

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
Also it would be nice if you could get most of the color options WITHOUT and upcharge.

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
Waitaminit-waitaminit. It's weird that the VO sounds like a kid that's not old enough to drive but they do appear to have their own unique footage from the San Fran event. Orange and yellow color options? Anybody else hear that anywhere? The right orange could be pretty neat.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Waitaminit-waitaminit. It's weird that the VO sounds like a kid that's not old enough to drive but they do appear to have their own unique footage from the San Fran event. Orange and yellow color options? Anybody else hear that anywhere? The right orange could be pretty neat.

I think the kid that posted that was pulling his "facts" from this forum, not realizing that some of those colors were forum members getting creative.

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
I think the kid that posted that was pulling his "facts" from this forum, not realizing that some of those colors were forum members getting creative.
Hmm... yeah. Come to think of it, I don't think there's ever been mention of a "blue steel" outside of the R1S forum.

Last edited:

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
The reason that the video sounds like a kid is because they are kids. don't know who is behind the camera but these kids are showing this video on their youtube channel. Colors seem to be made up by everyone that wants to sound like they know something. Rivian has disclosed very little about anything as we know.
Sponsored