Featured Rivian R1T Colors - Previews

Discussion in 'R1T Pickup Discussions' started by Administrator, Mar 7, 2019.

1. EyeOnRivian

EyeOnRivian Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    Mitsubishi Endeavor, pre-ordered R1S but may change to R1T
    Yes, I'm from the Chicago area but that has noting to do with my comment. I said I took a road trip, which was NOT around the Chicago area. Clearly the sun is more intense in areas closer to the equator you get but thanks for the science lesson. Not everyone lives in those climates so I was trying to add some perspective for others to your comments and your "local" observations.

2. Hmp10

Hmp10 Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    2015 Tesla Model S P90D; 2018 Honda Odyssey
    #42 Hmp10, Jun 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    Someone just started a thread on the topic of glass roofs. I just posted over there that my brother in Atlanta got a Model 3 with a glass roof last fall. He was wondering how the arrival of warm weather would affect its comfort. So far he finds it fine. In fact, he says that unless he remembers to look up, he is not even aware of the glass roof.

I also mentioned over on the new thread that your comments about the Model X didn't specify where you took your road trip, although you live near Chicago. I wasn't suggesting your opinion of the glass roof was wrong. I was just pointing out that my experience in south Florida has been different and that location might play a role.

Nor was I trying to be pedantic with the "science lesson". In fact, as I was posting I got curious about whether my subjective impression of stronger sun in Naples reflected a true difference in the amount of sun energy, so I looked up the topic. I was surprised to find how pronounced the figures actually were and thought others might find it equally interesting.

I really wish more upcoming EV's gave buyers the choice of a glass or metal roof.

3. Craig W.

Craig W. New Member

First Name:
    Craig
    Vehicles:
    Ford Explorer
    Black... with white interior.

4. Rad

Rad New Member

Vehicles:
    2016 MDX, 2005 Accord, 1999 TL
    At this point, I'd pick the blue.

5. fastwheels

fastwheels Member

First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicles:
    Cadillac CTS V-Sport, GMC Canyon
    From the first time I saw the photos of the R1S and R1T, I have wanted to see the R1T in green, and have been thinking that would be the color I order. A darker shade of green would be ok also, like BRG - especially if it is metallic.

The copper is intriguing also, but I would have to see one to decide.

6. BGS

BGS Member

First Name:
    Bill
    Vehicles:
    Just sold my F150 in anticipation of buying a Jeep Gladiator. That is, until I found you guys. Currently driving a 19 Mitsubishi Elcipse Cross because they had 0% financing. Also, a couple Harleys in the garage.
    Hoping for a few flat colors...Jeeps Gobi or Sting Gray. I think they would go well with the adventure theme of these trucks.

skyote likes this.
  7. Davidf

Davidf New Member

First Name:
    David
    Vehicles:
    Honda Ridgeline and Honda passport
    I want a WHITE ONE !