Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian
Clubs

Rivian R1S Electric SUV Rendered As Extreme Off Roader
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1S SUV Rendered As Extreme Off Roader rivian-r1s-898x583

Radically rendered into an extremely hardcore SUV.

The soft lines of the near-production Rivian R1S electric SUV seem to mask the capabilities of the vehicle. According to Rivian, the R1s (as well as the R1T electric pickup truck) is a go-anywhere electric vehicle that’s designed for both on- and off-road duty.

Admittedly, the R1S looks a bit soft in its standard form, but with just a few slight enhancements it appears ready to tackle any terrain.

These amazing images come to us via Mo Aoun on LinkedIn. Mo is a 2D and 3D artist who surely has a skill in vehicle rendering too. Note that the image above is the park ranger version of the R1S, while the one below is the more extreme off-roader. We particularly like how Mo knew that the R1S’ frunk had ample room for that extra tire.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1S SUV Rendered As Extreme Off Roader r1s-2

After seeing these two images from Mo, the standard R1S looks extremely tame by comparison. Luckily, all it takes is a lift kit, some super beefy tires and a few other add-ons to transform the R1S from highway-ready SUV into a true tackle-any-terrain type of vehicle.

Over on LinkedIn artist Mo seems open to creating these images in some other colors, so perhaps head on over there and suggest the hue that most perfectly suits you.

Here’s a standard image of the R1S for comparative purposes:

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1S SUV Rendered As Extreme Off Roader A.-Rivian_R1S_Front-4000x3000-e1543345511517
Sponsored

azjohnny

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S 100D Toyota Tundra
I like the look, my concern is when lifted how the driveshafts would react. I know with the Tesla Model X when using the high mode the shafts can start to shudder. Maybe it would make a difference with having a motor at each wheel instead of a front and rear motor.

I do like the idea of a smaller size rim to get more side wall. I am not a fan of low profile tires on a truck. If not lifted an 18" rim with 275/65/18 tires, tires would be easier to get and cheaper

BillArnett

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T; Tesla Model 3 (Cybertruck on order)
Occupation
Retired
Yes, I wish RIvian would offer an option that is something like this. But I’m afraid that bigger tires wouldn’t fit under the fenders. Maybe slightly larger tires would fit if the plastic fender surrounds we’re removed ? And while it seems to me that a lift kit would be a much more difficult thing than we’re used to on Jeeps, I think if it were possible to fit 37” tires the extra couple of inches just from the tires would be good enough. I do worry about all the plastic stuff below the bumpers, though.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
The 275/65/20 is already a little over a 34" tire. You would need an extra 1.5" of clearance for a 37.

I wonder what the current air suspension could handle with a programming change for kneel & aero modes.

Not sure, but I think pucks on the air shocks would be all that would be needed to lift. Don't know how the factory half shafts would handle more tire.

I'm hoping they take all of these things into consideration on a separate model that will be a true offroader.

BillArnett

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T; Tesla Model 3 (Cybertruck on order)
Occupation
Retired
...I do like the idea of a smaller size rim to get more side wall. I am not a fan of low profile tires on a truck. If not lifted an 18" rim with 275/65/18 tires, tires would be easier to get and cheaper
The question there is whether or not the brakes will fit inside an 18" rim.
Sponsored