Sponsored

Rivian confirmed for NY Auto Show, with pre-show invite only event

GreenMonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB GLE
Saw Rivian's tweet about that this morning too. I missed the R1T and R1S world debut at the LA show unfortunately :( Let us know what you think in person!

VinsRiv

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I will be there also PoorPilot, i plan on checking the R1S out and asking a lot of questions. Hope i will get a lot of info then I will make a decision between the modelY or the R1S. Hoping the R1S wont be to much vehicle

Electronaut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4
Please share your pics, thoughts and impressions @PoorPilot and @VinsRiv. Need to live vicariously through the lucky members who get to see it soon.

Or maybe I could try to make the drive from Boston and we can have a first-ever Rivianforum meet :D

OP
OP
PoorPilot

PoorPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have some vehicles and stuff
Clubs

Please share your pics, thoughts and impressions @PoorPilot and @VinsRiv. Need to live vicariously through the lucky members who get to see it soon.

Or maybe I could try to make the drive from Boston and we can have a first-ever Rivianforum meet :D
Will do! By the way- I work in Boston, but I live in TN. I’m trying to figure out how to make it to the car show while on a work trip. Won’t know for sure for another month or so though.

Sponsored

R1T for ME

First Name
C.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Toyota Highlander, R1T Reservation Holder
Does anyone know if you can get in the vehicles at the show? I have never been to an auto show before, but was thinking of going for a day trip just to see the R1T. It would be a bonus to be able to actually sit in the vehicle and get a demo of some of the software/features in and around the truck.

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
Does anyone know if you can get in the vehicles at the show? I have never been to an auto show before, but was thinking of going for a day trip just to see the R1T. It would be a bonus to be able to actually sit in the vehicle and get a demo of some of the software/features in and around the truck.
From my experience over the years going to the Chicago Auto Show (CAS), when an auto manufacture has a prototype / non-production vehicle to present, it's usually roped off, meaning, you can only look but not touch, let alone sit in it. Sometimes the doors are even closed and you can't really get a good look, if any at all, of the vehicle cabin. (Case in point: Audi E-Tron at CAS, Really disappointed I couldn't sit, even look at the interior. Even more of a disappointment Rivian decided to not attend the CAS, but I digress.)

It just depends on what the manufacture is willing to show. I suspect the stage/phase of the vehicles development and how close they are to going production factors in what they're willing to let you see. It's a bummer but I think I get it. Since the vehicle is pre-production they don't want to show off any interior options or features that may end being changed or removed by the time the vehicle goes into production. I certainly wouldn't be happy if I sat in a vehicle, liked the fit, feal, look, etc. of an interior feature, influencing my decision to probably buy that vehicle, but then find out weeks, months, possibly even years latter it was changed or removed.

I get it though - I'm jones'ing to get up close and even sit in either the R1S or R1T! Hopefully Rivian gives the NY Auto Show attendees that chance, but I won't beat your mortgage on it. Let's us know how it turns out, and more importantly, what you were able to learn / get out them, assuming you still plan on going.

Last edited:

sdTom

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi E-Tron, Tacoma 2004
check your email if your on their email list/pre-ordered.. yesterday there was an invitation to see them at an offsite event during show. had a link to get tickets. friday april 12th, 6-9pm

R1T for ME

First Name
C.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Toyota Highlander, R1T Reservation Holder
check your email if your on their email list/pre-ordered.. yesterday there was an invitation to see them at an offsite event during show. had a link to get tickets. friday april 12th, 6-9pm
I did get an invite yesterday and was super excited, but once looking at the date of the private event, I most likely will not be able to attend. I am going to send Rivian an email asking how the event will be different than the auto show.

Also, sdTom, I assume you got the same invite I did, even though you live in SD and I live in NY? Thats promising at least for me only because I would be willing to travel for the next event, whenever it may be. I was hoping that I was not just getting the invite for being the region of a Rivian event. Wonder how many invites actually got sent out....

Sponsored

sdTom

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi E-Tron, Tacoma 2004
Also, sdTom, I assume you got the same invite I did, even though you live in SD and I live in NY
Yeah. As much as I like the car, I'm not going to fly to NYC for a friday night.. i'm not that baller ;) Besides, I have to save up my pennies so i can buy an R1T

GreenMonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB GLE
Thinking of making the drive down for the event. But that date is a week before the NY show actually starts, would have been nice to attend the event and NY show on the same trip.

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
FOR THOSE PLANNING ON GOING--would you be willing to take a list of questions from this forum group to ask and report back to us with the answers??

VinsRiv

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
FOR THOSE PLANNING ON GOING--would you be willing to take a list of questions from this forum group to ask and report back to us with the answers??
I hope to attend the auto show with my son, was thinking to write down my questions hopefully i can get some answers I am now retired and not driving to much anymore,i do not have a preorder in yet cause i would like to see the R1S in person. I prefer larger vehicles right now the only other vehicle i may be interested in is the model y. Hopefully i will make up my mind once i attend the show and see the reveal of model y

sdTom

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi E-Tron, Tacoma 2004
I hope the NYC show coincides with a formal production update of some kind / more info. It'll have been 4.5 months since the launch at the LA auto show by then, with yes several interviews and the branding ads but not too much on vehicles themselves. How about a featured update autonomy, or sales/distribution, service/warranty, preview of options that are nailed down, etc.
Sponsored