Rivian autonomous vehicle development and supplier & Factory Update

Discussion in 'Rivian General Discussions' started by kumarczar, Jun 4, 2019.

1. kumarczar

kumarczar Member

Vehicles:
    Acura MDX
    As I was driving past the Rivian factory today I noticed 2 Lexus RX SUVs and a white Chrysler van with lots of cameras and roof racks on them, so I took photos of them as I drove past. From closer inspection all three of them had "automotivestuff - Hexagon" written on them. I had no idea what that was but they looked very similar to google or Uber autonomous vehicles with sensors and extra parts stuck on them. I googled autonomous stuff quickly, taking me to their website where it says the following: "AutonomouStuff provides the best R&D platforms, products, software, engineering services and data intelligence to aid in the advancement of robotics and autonomy. The company provides solutions for automated driving to thousands of customers worldwide, enabling the future of autonomy"
    From what I could see on them as they drove by (slightly blurry in the images below) it does say on them, they are automated research development vehicles with a Lidar camera I believe on top and multiple sensors and camera attached to the front and rear bumpers.

Seems like Rivian might be taking help from Autonomous Stuff for autonomous vehicle development or use them as a supplier for their technology.

I also saw and was able to take a video of all the internals that they removed from the Mitsubishi era and looked like they were cleaning house to put back new machines and internals.

IMG_1969.jpg

IMG_1970.JPG

IMG_1971.jpg

IMG_1976.jpg

IMG_1977.jpg

2. PoorPilot

PoorPilot Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    2018 Model X / R1T & R1S Reservation Holder
    Great info and research! Thanks!

skyote likes this.
  3. Electric Rivilution

First Name:
    Bill
    Vehicles:
    2016 Model X P90D
    Very cool to get updates straight from eyewitness at the factory. Really looking forward to seeing how good the autonomous driving will be when the Rivians launch!