Regenerative Braking Capacity

Discussion in 'Tech: Batteries, Charging, Alternative Energy' started by Aslan, Mar 8, 2019.

1. delmi

delmi Member

Vehicles:
    2017 Land Rover Discovery
    Who were you quoting on the Trump comment.

2. delmi

delmi Member

Vehicles:
    2017 Land Rover Discovery
    The point was that what regen is worth to someone depends on that person's perspective and, indeed, on the circumstances. During the summer I charge from hydro so there is no environmental impact if I waste energy (except for the relatively tiny losses of transmission). During the winter it's from solar so there is none there either. The utility does not need my solar. The utility does not want my solar. The only reason they accept it is that they are forced to by government and they make it as difficult as they possibly can for the homeowner and the situation is likely to get worse. And personally, I don't care about this aspect of it as I think anthropogenic global warming in probably the biggest scientific hoax ever foisted on mankind. My love affair with regen is solely based on the fact that I feel it's cool tech. You can argue, however, that I won't get paid for the solar energy I put into the car and waste and that is true. I drive about 9000 mi/yr at 300 wH/mi so that's 2700 kWh. If the regen recovery is 10% of that it amounts to 270 kWh for which the utility would pay me about $30. If regen amounts to 20% then $60. I guess I still don't care.

No. As my wife will be happy to explain to you the capital is gone whether I use the system or not and to whatever extent.[/QUOTE]
    Anthropogenic what? If you left out that word, which I don't understand, I couldn't agree with you more about global warming.

3. EyeOnRivian

EyeOnRivian Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    Mitsubishi Endeavor, pre-ordered R1S but may change to R1T
    If I may, let's not stray, again, from thread's topic - Regenerative Braking Capacity.

godfodder0901 likes this.