Realistic Delivery Schedule?

Discussion in 'R1S SUV Discussions' started by jds3266, May 16, 2019.

1. jds3266

jds3266 New Member

First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicles:
    audi a6
    Just put down my deposit for an R1S the other day. Everything I'm reading online says that production will start in 2020, but will that be dedicated only to the R1T or split between the two? What should I be preparing myself for realistic expectations?

2. EyeOnRivian

EyeOnRivian Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    Mitsubishi Endeavor, pre-ordered R1S but may change to R1T
    #2 EyeOnRivian, May 16, 2019
    Last edited: May 16, 2019
    Unless Rivian has changed what they include in the pre-order confirmation email, it indicates the following:

"Production will begin in 2020. Fully equipped vehicles with the highest performance level and largest battery pack will enter production first. Our 180 kWh and 135 kWh packs will be available at launch with the 105 kWh to follow in 2021."

In addition, I've heard Brian Gase, Rivian's chief engineer of special projects, mention more than once in videos say the same thing but be more specific by saying explicitly the R1T *and* the R1S with highest performance level and largest battery pack yada yada yada.

Now, what are my personal expectations? Given the enormity of a first time company to manufacture a vehicle en masse, talk of battery shortages, etc., probably not until (early?) 2021. But that's just a WAG, I certainly hope sooner than that.

3. skyote

skyote Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    Jeeps & 2500HD Duramax
    I hope they under promise & over deliver, that seems to be a recurring theme and part of their culture.

We'll see, and I'm curious to see when & how many test drive vehicles they produce.

4. timf

timf Member

First Name:
    Tim
    Vehicles:
    Tesla Model X
    I'm anticipating a Spring 2021 delivery with a Day 1 reservation, but that is just a guess. I would be pleasantly surprised if it arrives sooner.

skyote likes this.
  5. skyote

skyote Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    Jeeps & 2500HD Duramax
    I'm expecting 2021 for mine, especially because I don't know where I stand in the preorder queue (late December reservation). And always best to temper expectations & hope for better.

6. JeffOutWest

JeffOutWest Member

First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicles:
    Tacoma, Wrangler
    I'm thinking they will get out some reasonable volumes in mid to late 2020. This is a company that doesn't overpromise, they are executing well, and I expect they will do well here.

skyote likes this.