Sponsored

R1T offroad footage and info from from South America!

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner
Back on topic, check out the latest in the wild photos from Instagram!

Is that one of the rumoured electric jerry cans!? Or am I mistaken and this is some standard camera equipment? Looks like it has integrated, independent from the vehicle, cooling.
Sponsored

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
Is that one of the rumoured electric jerry cans!?
Unless Rivian has changed their mind they said they had no "current" plans to produce the auxiliary battery packs - just file the patent for IP protection.

Perhaps it's some type of jerry-rigged portable generator?

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

I found these pictures last week but then got distracted at work...work always getting in the way...Geez. Those boxes are definitely plugged into the truck and look garage-made. Heatsinks, CPU tower fans, and a digital readout on top for SOC maybe?? ...not really sure, but whatever it is, it is strong enough to DCFC.

Last edited:

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner
I found these pictures last week but then got distracted at work...work always getting in the way...Geez. Those boxes are definitely plugged into the truck and look garage-made. Heatinks, CPU tower fans, and a digital readout on top for SOC maybe?? ...not really sure, but whatever it is, it is strong enough to DCFC.
I was surprised that it snuck under your radar :p

Sponsored

Eduardokk

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet
Realmente hermosa camioneta......

Es posible que otros no les guste...está bien es rivian... excelente vehículo eléctrico..

tscanjr

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Tech Sales
Let’s talk about the air suspension. As an owner of two Grand Cherokee Overlands (2012 & 2017) I’ve had a love hate (Mostly hate lately) experience. While I like the adjustable height and ability to gain a few inches to clear rocks and deep sand tracks (which I need for access to a summer cottage), the ability to avoid getting stuck when many of my neighbors bottom out is not enough to suffer city and town driving in New England.

The roads around Boston are awful and I feel every single bump, pothole, and pitch. My current 2017 overland is either bouncy as hell and rolls like a boat...or you feel every ripple on the highway. Miserable. To soft on the road and too stiff off road.

How do we feel Rivian will tackle this?

More importantly... how do we think this suspension will hold up over the years??

I plan on owning the R1S for a long long time....

OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
How do we feel Rivian will tackle this?

More importantly... how do we think this suspension will hold up over the years??

I plan on owning the R1S for a long long time....
Combination of air suspension (height is independent of ride firmess) & hydraulic active damping. Truly impressive stuff from a suspension perspective.

There are other threads here about it, and I educated myself quite a bit on it.

You won't be disappointed.
Sponsored