Sponsored

Pre-order question - possible to change from change from R1S to R1T?

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
I put in my pre-order deposit for a R1S, but would like to change it to a R1T. Is it possible to just switch it over, or should I cancel the R1S order and then order the R1T??
Sponsored

Revelation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1T
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
LiL'O Annie I had the same issue. They give you the option of canceling your current order and starting a new one or you can wait until the "system" goes live and you can change it then. You are not locked into the R1S with this reservation.

OP
OP
Lil'O Annie

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
LiL'O Annie I had the same issue. They give you the option of canceling your current order and starting a new one or you can wait until the "system" goes live and you can change it then. You are not locked into the R1S with this reservation.
Thanks Revelation!

Curious why the change?
Two reasons for the change. First, because the R1S will come out a year later, and second because after discussing it with my husband we decided the pickup would be a little more "all-around" useful.

Sponsored

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
I mistakenly reserved the R1S and when inquired about changing I was told, and this is a quote, "We can’t make the exchange internally currently. However, not to worry, as a preorder customer, you will be able to choose either the R1T or R1S in our vehicle configurator which will be live in late 2019. This will also secure your place in line"

OP
OP
Lil'O Annie

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
I mistakenly reserved the R1S and when inquired about changing I was told, and this is a quote, "We can’t make the exchange internally currently. However, not to worry, as a preorder customer, you will be able to choose either the R1T or R1S in our vehicle configurator which will be live in late 2019. This will also secure your place in line"
HOORAY!!! Thanks ET!!! That is what I was hoping to hear. I didn't want to lose my reservation spot in the queue!! :)

PoorPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have some vehicles and stuff
Clubs

Sounds like things are progressing as planned then if they are trying to put out a “vehicle configurator” be the end of 2019. Crossing my fingers!

VinsRiv

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Would anyone have an idea how many pre-orders have already been processed, is there any way one can find out an average #

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
Only Rivian would know. There was never a mention of priority for early deposits. I would think deposits are just an estimate of those interested. When the orders open up the serious people will get taken care of and the cancellations will begin.

Sponsored

bathbunny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 RWD LR, first-production
I put in my pre-order deposit for a R1S, but would like to change it to a R1T. Is it possible to just switch it over, or should I cancel the R1S order and then order the R1T??
Rivian was quite clear that you can preorder either one and decide which you want at the time of actual ordering, so no sweat and no need to do anything at this time.

Anthtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ram 1500 limited
I am new to EV and intrigued by the R1T. I'm considering putting a deposit down very soon. I've heard that vehicles will start being shipped to customers in "late 2020. I likely won't be ready for a new vehicle until Summer 2021.....In the event my preorder would be ready sooner do you think they'd let me put off production, but stay at the front of the line? I suppose this might be a question geared directly to Rivian, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask here too :)

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
I suppose this might be a question geared directly to Rivian
Yea, I would agree. Any response from anybody on this forum would be pure speculation unless they got the info directly from Rivian. So, did you happen to pose your question to Rivian? I suspect there are others on this forum that would be also interested in Rivian's response.
Sponsored