Off-roading accessories...

W.Jen

First Name
Wentsan Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 BMW 335D, 2008 Nissan Frontier Nismo
As a newb in off-roading, there are several things I would like to suggest.

1) Winch mount - there's a frunk, you can set a winch mount somewhere.
2) Standard suspension assembly - in case buyers want to upgrade suspension to higher grade suspension or lift.
3) Mount points for rock sliders - shiny car, we want to keep it dent free for a while.
4) Standard bed tie down tracks - these are useful for securing bed racks for roof top tents (as seen in your video).
5) Off-road light mount points - we're going to put lots of lights on this thing. Please make it easy for us.
6) Increase wheel well dimensions - so users can upgrade tires (bigger tires). Most of us know, it'll impact range and possible strain the motors.. is it worth it? hmm.. sometimes, yes.

That's all I can think of for now.
Sponsored

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
@Wjen - some good points there. The suspension travel - the video showed they were very proud of it, but it was marginally more than a Land Rover - they can do better. But there's no way you're going to swap in some OME shocks so hopefully the've thought this through. And you're right - if you can't fit 35s then that's going to eliminate quite a few folks right there. But I think they got the tie downs figured out - did you see the ones in the frunk? And the way the roof rack bars reposition on the bed? This looks like they really thought it through.

ACDC

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Outback, 2012 Tacoma
As a newb in off-roading, there are several things I would like to suggest.

1) Winch mount - there's a frunk, you can set a winch mount somewhere.
2) Standard suspension assembly - in case buyers want to upgrade suspension to higher grade suspension or lift.
3) Mount points for rock sliders - shiny car, we want to keep it dent free for a while.
4) Standard bed tie down tracks - these are useful for securing bed racks for roof top tents (as seen in your video).
5) Off-road light mount points - we're going to put lots of lights on this thing. Please make it easy for us.
6) Increase wheel well dimensions - so users can upgrade tires (bigger tires). Most of us know, it'll impact range and possible strain the motors.. is it worth it? hmm.. sometimes, yes.

That's all I can think of for now.
Ditto on the standard suspension assembly. If that's not possible and all owners have to stick to the standard electronically controlled suspension, it may take the trucks out of being true off roaders. If they can offer standard suspension though, it'll allow more hardcore off roading owners to swap out for aftermarket suspension that suits their individual needs.
Sponsored