Featured LIVE from Rivian's NY Auto Show Preview Event! (Q&A and R1T / R1S Hands-On)

Discussion in 'Rivian General Discussions' started by Administrator, Apr 12, 2019.

1. VValleyEV

VValleyEV Member

First Name:
    Rollin
    Vehicles:
    Tesla Model S, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
    UPDATE: the videos from the NY Auto Show tell me that the rear seats will very likely not fold. They demo hopping into the rear seats and showing that they have plenty of room, and that there are storage drawers under the sets. If they folded in any way they would have demo’ed that. What I like about the Ford F-150 Lariat is that the rear seats can be folded forward, completely up against the back of the front seats, leaving a nice sized inside cargo box, and looks like that is not in the cards for the R1T. HOWEVER, that may mean that the R1T rear seats are more comfortable ...

Here is a link to an article about the Rivian at NY Auto show with videos showing off everything including back seating:
    https://www.teslarati.com/rivian-ny-show-details/

2. PoorPilot

PoorPilot Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    2018 Model X / R1T & R1S Reservation Holder
    I was told by a Rivian employee the R1T rear seats will NOT fold down, but there is storage underneath the “horizontal” part of the seat.

On a side note, there is a small storage place in the back of the R1S (behind third row) that opens up to allow some additional storage. I caution that it only appeared to be about 3-5inches deep and I’m not sure which battery pack is in the current test vehicle.

3. godfodder0901

godfodder0901 Active Member

First Name:
    Jared
    Vehicles:
    Honda Civic
    Brian told me that both current R1T and R1S are the 135Kwh variant.

jimcgov3 likes this.