Introductions! Drop in and say hello new and old members...

Discussion in 'Rivian General Discussions' started by RefugeEV, Feb 20, 2019.

1. BKphoto

BKphoto New Member

First Name:
    Billy
    Vehicles:
    2016 Land Rover Range Rover Td6
    Photographer
    Hey all,

First timer here to a car forum, my name is Billy. Excited about the R1S. I’m in NYC and upstate driving a 2016 Land Rover Range Rover TD6. Excited for this electric SUV to drive back and forth yet still be able to work on my propert up in the Catskills. I must admit it’s tough to decide between the truck and the SUV but the 7 seats tipped the scale for me enough. It’ll be interesting to see when those back seats are down how much room you actually have.

2. JeffOutWest

JeffOutWest Member

First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicles:
    Tacoma, Wrangler
    Jeff from Santa Clara. Extremely excited about the R1T and also R1S; not as excited about the price, it's about 20k more than ideal, although certainly the right thing for Rivian to do as a company.

skyote likes this.
  3. rivcofan

rivcofan New Member

First Name:
    Craig
    Vehicles:
    2018 Honda Goldwing DCT Tour
    Craig from Denver, CO. I pre-ordered the R1S and I can't wait to take this SUV up to the mountains with my family. I'm a previous Jeep Wrangler owner and I am curious to see how well the Rivian does on some light trails. I'm also looking forward to aftermarket products when they become available.

skyote likes this.
  4. ElectricTrucking

ElectricTrucking Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    Porsche 911
    As much as I want a R1T I think rugged off roaders should and will stick with the Wrangler. I am surrounded by light desert trails and that is fine.

5. JeffOutWest

JeffOutWest Member

First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicles:
    Tacoma, Wrangler
    I drove a new wrangler a few weekends ago and thought it was a little tiring on the highway.. but for what it is, there is nothing that compares to it.. I do pretty light offroading and have been for a few years, so I feel like I could take the Rivian offroad and not ding it up, but it is always a matter of margin for error, and risk... and I would be nervous with a 70k+ vehicle off road for sure...

Jazzyjeff139 and skyote like this.
  6. skyote

skyote Active Member

Vehicles:
    Jeeps & 2500HD Duramax
    I'll still have my Jeeps for rock crawling & serious stuff. My Rivian will see mainly pavement duty, but I won't hesitate to take to the hunting lease or other light/moderate offroad where 4x4 is needed but there's no real risk of damage. Shoot, I won't even take it where it could get brush scratches due to the amount of investment.

7. cllc

cllc Member

First Name:
    Craig
    Vehicles:
    Tesla model 3, Subaru Forrester, Ford F250 Superduty
    Electrician
    Hi all, put our deposit for R1S for my wife to get rid of the Forrester, She loves driving my Model 3 and the forrester is not so fun anymore, No gas is great. Was considering a Model X but it can't beat the ground clearance, price any many other details that Rivian looks to be bringing out. Now I can quit looking and just wait for hopefully a good experience.

Jazzyjeff139 and skyote like this.