Introductions! Drop in and say hello new and old members...

Discussion in 'Rivian General Discussions' started by RefugeEV, Feb 20, 2019.

1. BKphoto

BKphoto New Member

First Name:
    Billy
    Vehicles:
    2016 Land Rover Range Rover Td6
    Photographer
    Hey all,

First timer here to a car forum, my name is Billy. Excited about the R1S. I’m in NYC and upstate driving a 2016 Land Rover Range Rover TD6. Excited for this electric SUV to drive back and forth yet still be able to work on my propert up in the Catskills. I must admit it’s tough to decide between the truck and the SUV but the 7 seats tipped the scale for me enough. It’ll be interesting to see when those back seats are down how much room you actually have.

2. JeffOutWest

JeffOutWest Member

First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicles:
    Tacoma, Wrangler
    Jeff from Santa Clara. Extremely excited about the R1T and also R1S; not as excited about the price, it's about 20k more than ideal, although certainly the right thing for Rivian to do as a company.

skyote likes this.
  3. rivcofan

rivcofan New Member

First Name:
    Craig
    Vehicles:
    2018 Honda Goldwing DCT Tour
    Craig from Denver, CO. I pre-ordered the R1S and I can't wait to take this SUV up to the mountains with my family. I'm a previous Jeep Wrangler owner and I am curious to see how well the Rivian does on some light trails. I'm also looking forward to aftermarket products when they become available.

skyote likes this.
  4. ElectricTrucking

ElectricTrucking Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    Porsche 911
    As much as I want a R1T I think rugged off roaders should and will stick with the Wrangler. I am surrounded by light desert trails and that is fine.

5. JeffOutWest

JeffOutWest Member

First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicles:
    Tacoma, Wrangler
    I drove a new wrangler a few weekends ago and thought it was a little tiring on the highway.. but for what it is, there is nothing that compares to it.. I do pretty light offroading and have been for a few years, so I feel like I could take the Rivian offroad and not ding it up, but it is always a matter of margin for error, and risk... and I would be nervous with a 70k+ vehicle off road for sure...

Jazzyjeff139 and skyote like this.
  6. skyote

skyote Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    Jeeps & 2500HD Duramax
    I'll still have my Jeeps for rock crawling & serious stuff. My Rivian will see mainly pavement duty, but I won't hesitate to take to the hunting lease or other light/moderate offroad where 4x4 is needed but there's no real risk of damage. Shoot, I won't even take it where it could get brush scratches due to the amount of investment.

7. cllc

cllc Member

First Name:
    Craig
    Vehicles:
    Tesla model 3, Subaru Forrester, Ford F250 Superduty
    Electrician
    Hi all, put our deposit for R1S for my wife to get rid of the Forrester, She loves driving my Model 3 and the forrester is not so fun anymore, No gas is great. Was considering a Model X but it can't beat the ground clearance, price any many other details that Rivian looks to be bringing out. Now I can quit looking and just wait for hopefully a good experience.

Jazzyjeff139 and skyote like this.
  8. EVian

EVian Member

Vehicles:
    BMW 330e
    Hi all, Steve from the UK here. Guess I’ve got a long wait until I can even put a deposit down, but eagerly watching this forum nonetheless. Have a BMW 3 series hybrid (330e) currently, and wanting to go full electric.

Was first attracted to the truck after ignoring it for a while with its odd face, but was won over by the story, the company and the CEO. We have a dog now though so the SUV may be more suited. Our other car is an X3, and now with the dog taking up half of the ‘trunk’ we need a bigger vehicle, but we’d replace my 3 series as the wife wouldn’t drive such a large SUV. Considering a used Model X as a temporary solution until the R1S hits our shores.

Let’s see how things turn out!

aAlpine and skyote like this.
  9. EyeOnRivian

EyeOnRivian Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    Mitsubishi Endeavor, pre-ordered R1S but may change to R1T
    Welcome to the forum Steve (@EVian)! Hopefully your wait to submit a pre-order won't be too long.

EVian likes this.
  10. Lmirafuente

Lmirafuente Active Member

First Name:
    Lionel
    Vehicles:
    BMW740i
    Hello future Rivian owners,

I am Lionel from the SF Bay Area. I placed my reservation back in March. I have always wanted to have a vehicle that was fast, nimble, and had the off-road ability and the Rivian's seem to meet all the check-boxes.

I did get to met RJ and Charles at the Overland Expo West in Flagstaff this year and got to touch the interior and exterior of the car. Saw the cook stove in action!

Since I was a reservation holder they allowed me to get behind the ropes which was cool. The passion of the Rivian employees was consistent from the greeters to RJ. We were able to spend time with RJ for about 45 minutes along with a reporter and another fellow Rivian hopeful (at the time he was not a reservation holder from SF, but flew down like me to see the Rivian).

My wife was luke-warm to the Rivian but after listening to RJ and Charles, she got excited about the company.

The fact that Rivian looked at the secondary market as design criteria was very cool. They are not just wanting to make a buck, they are respectful of the environment as well. Did you know they designed the batteries to be able to plug and play into a home to store electricity as a secondary use if your Rivian gets totaled or naturally expires. RJ said the battery would outlast the vehicle. One Rivian vehicle can support powering five homes per, RJ. How cool is that, and all these prototypes they have built, the batteries are being donated to Puerto Rico to help certain villages be self sustaining after the last hurricane.

Any way cool company and great forum! I am looking forward to all of us sharing new information as we get them!

Maybe I will some of you at the SF event later this year.

jimcgov3 likes this.