Sponsored

Introductions! Drop in and say hello new and old members...

RefugeEV

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Cayenne
I didn't see an intro thread and when I sign up for a new forum (even though I've lurked here for a long while) I always feel like I should introduce myself as an ice breaker. So to all our veteran and new members: let's use this thread to introduce ourselves. :like:

I'm Jason and pleased to e-meet my (hopefully) future fellow Rivian owners :bow: I got to see the R1T and R1S at the LA show during the public days and compared to the other show exhibits it felt like the Rivian vehicles were transported back from the future! Soon after the show I placed my deposit on a R1T. The wife prefers the R1S though so we'll see when the actual pricing is revealed and come actual ordering time.
Sponsored

Ricky35

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5
Occupation
IT
Hey all I’m Rick and it’s nice to join you all. I’ve frequented auto forums basically my entire adult life and this is always the most exciting part of the process - on a new forum for an upcoming model where like minded members are learning/speculating/celebrating about a vehicle together and planning future ownership. So far all the signs and product details coming out from Rivian are very positive, so I think the prospects for their tricks making production is very high!

VValleyEV

First Name
Rollin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I put a deposit down on an R1T in December after I read the news from the LA auto show. I have a Tesla Model S that I am very happy with. The other car in my garage is a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, which I like a lot for utility purposes and bouncing around rocky back roads in northern Arizona, but am intrigued by the prospect of an EV that is likely way more off-road capable, and yet a comfortable road car. I would love to go to an all-EV garage, and besides my wife is lukewarm about the Tesla but absolutely loves pickups. I will look at Tesla’s upcoming pickup offering, but I have a hunch that it will be monstrous and based on the Semi, probably not even fit in my garage.

Florida Boy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX300h, Toyota Tacoma
Hi everyone!

I'm Joe. I've been wanting an electric vehicle for a while now, but really wanted a pickup truck for my next vehicle. Like many of you, I was intrigued by Rivian's announcement of an electric pick-up and left in awe after the LA debut. Since then, I've been devouring updates about Rivian and have become to admire their CEO. I've also been extremely impressed with what I've learned of their technology; this is really a very nice vehicle when looking at the specs. I hope the finish and execution matches it. This company seems so buttoned-up, I'm really excited to see where they are going to go!

I pre-ordered a R1T in early January and I'm thinking about the 130KW model with an upgraded interior (or whatever they offer). Can't wait to see if they will open a customer experience center in San Jose and any events they plan for pre-order customers.

RockDaphne98296

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE,
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
Hi Everyone,

I'm Julie - I just recently pre-ordered the R1S after first learning about the vehicle through a friend who attended the LA Car Show last fall. I currently drive a Ford Fusion Energi Titanium PHEV - the EV part is great, it is a dog when 100% on ICE 4 cylinder, the hybrid mode is better and it is a sedan. It is my transition PHEV - I am ready for a full EV and willing to wait for the right one. Hence my pre-order for the R1S.

I have long wanted a full EV but wasn't impressed by the hatchback or roadster standard. Don't get me wrong - I stare longingly at Tesla cars... But because I have long been an SUV girl - I have in the past driven a Ford "Exploder", a Volvo XC70 and a Volvo XC90... I kept thinking that, soon, a truly capable EV SUV with sufficient range and luxury would come along. Tesla X has the range and luxury - but I didn't really find it "capable" and not for that price tag. I believe that the R1S meets all my requirements. Now I might be in for price tag shock when they finally release - but I have been putting my pennies away and plan on being ready when I get the chance to order one.

Now you might ask why I need a "capable" SUV - I am an outdoor girl, an upland bird hunter with dogs and all of the equipment, we have recreational property that is off road and takes 4/AWD to get there, and here in the Pacific Northwest - there is plenty of outdoor fun well within the range of a Rivian. I intend to use this vehicle for what it is intended for - Adventure!:like:

Sponsored

OP
OP
RefugeEV

RefugeEV

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Cayenne
I have long wanted a full EV but wasn't impressed by the hatchback or roadster standard. Don't get me wrong - I stare longingly at Tesla cars... But because I have long been an SUV girl - I have in the past driven a Ford "Exploder", a Volvo XC70 and a Volvo XC90... I kept thinking that, soon, a truly capable EV SUV with sufficient range and luxury would come along. Tesla X has the range and luxury - but I didn't really find it "capable" and not for that price tag. I believe that the R1S meets all my requirements. Now I might be in for price tag shock when they finally release - but I have been putting my pennies away and plan on being ready when I get the chance to order one.
Sounds like the Rivian is perfect for you Julie! Since you'll actually be taking yours off paved roads, do you have any concerns about range?

RockDaphne98296

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE,
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
Sounds like the Rivian is perfect for you Julie! Since you'll actually be taking yours off paved roads, do you have any concerns about range?
Hi Jason,

Most of our outdoor activities are less than 50 miles from home so low risk. Our recreational property is 200 miles by highway which has several charging locations (LEVEL 2 and 3, public, nonTesla) along the route and one in the nearest town (Level 2). So I would feel comfortable making that trip. But as this will be my first 100% EV you can bet I will be testing that range before we take that longer trip:)

The local activities will also be dirt unmaintained roads, but let's be real, these are near a major city and are pretty tame.

My day to day drive is less than 50 miles round trip, and my work has EV plug in that I currently use for my PHEV. But they are standard plugs and really not necessary for the Rivian. I have a level 2 charger at home.

How did they look at the show? I have watched a few video interviews with closeups and the released pics of course, but I am curious, were you able to get close enough to get a feel of the details?

They look exactly what I have been waiting for...

OP
OP
RefugeEV

RefugeEV

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Cayenne
How did they look at the show? I have watched a few video interviews with closeups and the released pics of course, but I am curious, were you able to get close enough to get a feel of the details?

They look exactly what I have been waiting for...
I don't know if it was just because I was seeing a fresh new design from a new manufacturer, but as I mentioned in my post they really felt like they were from the future compared to the rest of the cars at the show. The R1T especially stood out because nobody has done a futuristic looking pickup, much less an electric one.

As for the interior, unfortunately they didn't let anyone sit in or touch the vehicles so I can't speak to quality. But I stood there for a good 30 minutes getting as close of a look as I could and based on visuals alone, the craftsmanship, fit/finish and quality really seemed top notch for the projected price. Of course these are concept cars and completely hand-made so you'd expect the quality to be high. Hopefully the quality carries through to the production models though. At the projected $70-90k, I think buyers will expect a luxury car level quality.

Alan Burns

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 GMC Terrain, 1967 Chevrolet 1/2 ton p/u
I didn't see an intro thread and when I sign up for a new forum (even though I've lurked here for a long while) I always feel like I should introduce myself as an ice breaker. So to all our veteran and new members: let's use this thread to introduce ourselves. :like:

I'm Jason and pleased to e-meet my (hopefully) future fellow Rivian owners :bow: I got to see the R1T and R1S at the LA show during the public days and compared to the other show exhibits it felt like the Rivian vehicles were transported back from the future! Soon after the show I placed my deposit on a R1T. The wife prefers the R1S though so we'll see when the actual pricing is revealed and come actual ordering time.
I am Alan and have a December reservation for an R1T. In 2017 I bought a new 2016 GMC Terrain and was ready to go 100% electric at that time if it had been available so the R1T is what I am looking for.

Missoula where I live is one of the 4 largest cities in Montana and it has one Tesla high speed charger, one Tesla destination charger at a bnb and 2 pathetic public chargers which will give a Nissan Leaf 10 miles of range after an hour charge. It looks like the 220 outlet in my garage will get a workout.

I expect lots of dirt road driving with very little off road miles account I see the damage vehicles do to Montana's natural grasses and streams.

My plan is to ride Amtrak from Whitefish to the Chicago area to take delivery after manufacture and get some EV driving instructions. Insurance for a $90,000 vehicle with aluminum unibody has got to be expensive.

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
Hello all. I'm Kevin. Just put down a deposit for the R1T last week and the long wait now begins. Currently drive a 2018 Raptor, which I love, but hope it will be the last gas vehicle I ever purchase.

Sponsored

Hall Monitor

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ5
Happy to join you all. I've got a deposit for an R1S currently and am impatiently waiting for it :headbang: Overall happy with my SQ5 but need a bigger car, especially the cargo capacity. Look forward to joining the electric revolution that seems to be gaining lots of momentum.

karrak

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Cookernup (near Harvey) SW Western Australia
Vehicles
2004 Nissan Navara 4X4
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Greetings from someone who is on the other side of the world from where the R1T will be built!

Hopefully it won't take too long for us to become part of the Rivian R1T launch. I have been waiting a long time for a vehicle like the R1T to become available.

I am looking forward to getting more information, especially technical, and asking questions on this forum.

From what I have seen to date it looks like Rivian have got off to a really good start!

Electric Rivilution

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Model X P90D
Bill here, hello my fellow electric "riv"olutionaries :dance:

Owner of a Model X P90D and I've been happy enough with it to want to add another EV. I've placed a deposit on an R1T and look forward to having a truck that can do some off-roading. My X is great as a people carrier but one look at its ride height tells you it's not meant to be off-road, ever

Glad to see there's already a great community of future Rivian owners. A good forum like this can really add to the ownership experience.

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
We're farmers in E. Washington state, so dirt roads and mud are a way of life for us. I can guarantee our R1T will be running around on the farm over deep-rutted dusty and muddy roads. Our hobby is wildlife videography/photography which takes us out year-round onto rugged back-roads and up into the mountains. After living with our Bolt EV for nearly 2 years now, we've been hoping for a good long-distance EV pickup. EV's are just better. We also have an electric Polaris Ranger for running around on the farm which has be great. Love electrics!
If you enjoy wildlife videos here's a short example of what I do.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Overall "car guy" here that made a reservation back in December.

I am an offroad guy that also likes to go fast. All about the overall utility and performance of the R1S...I hope it will be my go everywhere, haul ass, family-toting chariot.

I'll keep my HD diesel truck for pulling the fifth wheel & general tow duty, but incredibly excited to join the EV ranks for a primary vehicle.
Sponsored