Sponsored

Free charging for Rivian early buyers/owners

GreenMonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB GLE
Porsche recently announced 3 years free fast charging for the upcoming Taycan EV and Tesla has offered free unlimited supercharging for certain periods/models in the past (though that has now ended).

Rivian hasn't announced anything yet but what are the chances they'll offer some kind of free charging incentive for early buyers / owners? Would certainly help get more early buyers to step off the sidelines and into a Rivian.
Sponsored

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
Since you didn't put a question mark at the end of this thread's title, you got me! :)

I definitely agree it would help draw in more early buyers. I hope Rivian announces one but of course the real question(s) will be how they structure/define the perk. E.g., how many kilowatts per year, how many years, etc. Granted any perk for free charging will be a plus, but I believe any potential buyer of these types of vehicles will want to read about the details if the perk has any substance, any real value or not to their purchasing decision making.

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
Sure, I'd like "free" but it wouldn't really be free, just bundled. Frankly, I think I would prefer it unbundled with the vehicle at a slightly/somewhat lower cost and let me optimize my charging / usage situation.

sdTom

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi E-Tron, Tacoma 2004
for the 2-3 times a year i might want to not charge at home, wouldn't want bundling of that to effect base price of car. certainly would trade it for a level 2 home charger

LionLeo

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
It would definitely be a nice perk but if I'd see myself charging it at home 95% of the time anyway.

If I got one and had free charging for a year or something like that though it might encourage me to do an extra road trip or two and visit some of the locations Rivian is planning to put their first party chargers.
Sponsored