Florida Pre-orders.....anyone???

Discussion in 'Florida' started by jimcgov3, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Novo-caine

Novo-caine New Member

First Name:
    Robert
    Vehicles:
    Audi SQ5 and allroad
    Awesome! Small world Jimmy! We live just south of paradise beach. Good to know that the Lutheran church has the charging stations, I know exactly where that is!

2. jimcgov3

jimcgov3 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jimmy
    Vehicles:
    2016 Chevy Spark EV, Rivian R1T Reservation Holder
    I was talking to some contractors that are working on the new Doubles on A1A and Satellite Beach is supposedly mandating that they install solar and EV stations. I guess it's part of Satellite's green initiative. The only downside of coastal living is there isn't much real estate that isn't protected, condos, or subdivisions. I'm hoping the Wawa on Wickham and Pineda near 95 adds some stations as well as the Wawa at Eau Hallie and Wickham and 192... If not all, at least 1of the 3... Good gas station food and coffee and quick access.

3. BlindPass

BlindPass New Member

Vehicles:
    Insight
    I recently moved to Tampa and have a R1S preorder. Growing up with ICE SUVs like Land Rover Discovery but driving my wife’s Tesla S, the R1S had my heart at first glance.

Fun times watching the transportation industry finally be driven by Tech.

Lmirafuente likes this.
  4. Lmirafuente

Lmirafuente Member

First Name:
    Lionel
    Vehicles:
    BMW740i
    I agree with you and even though the other large auto maker in the USA are really just starting with their EVs, Rivian's appeal for me is that they started from scratch. When you look at the Chevy Bolt or Ford CMAX you really see a the ICS influences in the car and they are more focused on economical selling points..

5. Joel

Joel New Member

First Name:
    Joel
    Vehicles:
    Volvo
  6. Joel

Joel New Member

First Name:
    Joel
    Vehicles:
    Volvo
    I think you see that even more with the Audi E-Tron. It has a 200 mile range and you have to order currently no dealer will have one to test drive. The front trunk is tiny from what I have found online as well.

As a business owner in the construction industry I would love a work van with range. All the current or soon to be released are all around 100 mile range.

7. Lmirafuente

Lmirafuente Member

First Name:
    Lionel
    Vehicles:
    BMW740i
    Totally agree Joel...I am in it for the distance too for a different industry from construction.

I test drove the Jaguar iPace and there really is not front trunk and the rear area has no storage too. I cannot put one set of golf clubs let alone two sets without collapsing the rear seats, but when you do that, you lose the security of your contents. The interior was all Audi (very nice) and fun to drive, but it had a lot of torque steer--Charles Sandereson of Rivian told me at the Overland West Expo that we would not experience that with the Rivian and he went to explaining technically but I did not comprehend what he was saying. Charles came from McLaren and he is the VP of Development and Integration.

I hope the R1S or R1T will work for you. Rivian is said to have five models by 2025.

SpinDoc7 likes this.
  8. Joel

Joel New Member

First Name:
    Joel
    Vehicles:
    Volvo
    I have also looked at the Atlis Truck, but that is a different bev. Subscription model has my interest peaked a bit. It might be something we end up with as a full-size work truck or box option at they state you can remove the bed. But my primary vehicle will be the R1T.

9. jimcgov3

jimcgov3 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jimmy
    Vehicles:
    2016 Chevy Spark EV, Rivian R1T Reservation Holder
    Any new Florida Pre-Orders since our last head count? Also, are any planning on going to ATL for the event???

10. TN2NFL80

TN2NFL80 Member

First Name:
    John
    Vehicles:
    Lexus RX 450 Hybrid F-Sport
    Just received the notice yesterday about the ATL event so looking out for the date and details. I’ll most likely attend.

11. Rockstar2020

Rockstar2020 Member

Vehicles:
    Tesla MX, Ford Expedition, Dodge Hellcat
    I may go as well. As soon as they release dates I will try to make it work.

12. schiavet

schiavet New Member

Vehicles:
    BMW 328d
    Just saw this - Miami here - put down the deposit on an R1S a month ago, but will likely switch to an R1T. Unlikely to make ATL, so I hope they trickle south soon...

13. skyote

skyote Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    Jeeps & 2500HD Duramax
    ATL is scheduled for Friday 9/13, and I'm assuming it will be an evening event.

jimcgov3 likes this.
  14. GriffJP

GriffJP New Member

First Name:
    Patrick
    Vehicles:
    2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat, 2018 Dodge Challenger Demon
    Reporting in from Melbourne, FL. I preordered the R1T back in April. Looking forward to getting more information on the vehicle, especially when we will get the opportunity to configure the truck. My wife's Hellcat will be on the chopping block for the R1T. My F8 Green Demon will provide us with the horsepower and noise fix!

skyote, jimcgov3 and Administrator like this.
  15. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Vehicles:
    Rivian
    Wow Hellcat to R1T, talk about a complete switch from ICE to EV! :like:

16. Rockstar2020

Rockstar2020 Member

Vehicles:
    Tesla MX, Ford Expedition, Dodge Hellcat
    I get it! I sold my Hellcat to get the Tesla Model X which I will be selling to get the Rivian. I have preordered the R1T. If the stats are correct, it will be faster than the Hellcat in the 0-60 run.

Hmp10 likes this.
  17. Hmp10

Hmp10 Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    2015 Tesla Model S P90D; 2018 Honda Odyssey
    I traded an Audi R8 V10 Spyder for my first EV. I did it with all kinds of trepidation, including worry about missing the great engine sound track of driving with the top down. The EV drivetrain was definitely a different experience, but I'll never again opt for an ICE performance car over an EV performance car. Driving a high-performance EV is downright intoxicating . . . and the fact that a pickup truck and an SUV will soon fall into that category just blows my mind.

BlindPass, skyote and Rockstar2020 like this.
  18. TN2NFL80

TN2NFL80 Member

First Name:
    John
    Vehicles:
    Lexus RX 450 Hybrid F-Sport
    Received my notice today as well for ATL on the 13th from 6-9. Unfortunately, I’m working and will be unable to make the time from my location.

19. BlindPass

BlindPass New Member

Vehicles:
    Insight
    Great share. It’s amazing to think the EV evolution is in many ways just beginning. Imo EV isn’t just changing the drivetrain, but treating cars like Tech.

I occasionally still get nostalgic over great exhaust notes, but my kids are going to find that funny when they’re of age to care.

Hmp10 and skyote like this.
  20. Hmp10

Hmp10 Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    2015 Tesla Model S P90D; 2018 Honda Odyssey
    I still read a lot of car press, but I used to spin all kinds of daydreams about driving this or that car I would read about. These days, all the talk about compression ratios, valve train design, transmission ratios, exhaust management, etc. just sounds so . . . outdated. It's almost like coming across an old turntable article from Stereo Review discussing vertical tracking angles and tonearm balancing. Nostalgia inducing, yes. Tweaking my urge to buy, no.