Florida Pre-orders.....anyone???

Discussion in 'Florida' started by jimcgov3, Apr 22, 2019.

1. jimcgov3

jimcgov3 Member

First Name:
    Jimmy
    Vehicles:
    2017 Nissan Titan
    As I stated in another thread, my wife and I recently returned to Florida from the New York Auto Show. After talking to some of the Rivian folks, especially Brian and Kristin, both Rivian employees(not Auto show actors), seeing both the R1S and R1T in person, I had to get on board. These products are amazing and both of us are extremely excited about the delivery of our R1T. With all that said, is there no one else besides me that has a pre-order in the state of Florida? Or just no one in the state of Florida that is as excited as I am? The fact that this company was started in Florida even....no? Ok.

2. SpruceBruce

SpruceBruce New Member

First Name:
    Bruce
    Vehicles:
    Tesla Model S 85D, Maybach S600X, Ford F-350, C7 Z06, Buick Enclave & others.
    Inventor
    We're down in Port Orange. Own a Tesla and fortunate to have a Supercharger two miles from the house. I put a deposit on an R1S. We make the trip up to Jacksonville quite often since our son lives in Neptune Beach.

3. Hmp10

Hmp10 Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    2015 Tesla Model S P90D; 2018 Honda Odyssey
    I'm in Naples. I have a Tesla Model S P90D and have put down deposits on both a Rivian R1S and a Lucid Air. I really, really like the Tesla as a driver's car but find its backseat too cramped for adults so have decided to try a different brand for my next EV.

I made the decision to go with a Lucid Air before I knew anything about Rivan. I live on a large lake that has rough driving trails around it that become inaccessible to my other cars during rainy season, and as I found out more about Rivian vehicles, I began to consider the R1S. Finally I decided to put down a deposit on it as well as the Lucid. They're probably going to hit the market at about the same time, so I'll not make my final decision until closer to order configuration time.

I could not make the trip to NYC for the auto show, and neither Lucid nor Rivian seems to have plans for the Miami auto show. Being able to see each vehicle in the flesh would help considerably.