Sponsored

Fisker Ocean

Tyker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda3
Henrik Fisker debuted his Fisker Ocean electric crossover today.

He’s the designer of the Karma (which went bankrupt and was bought by a Chinese company and is now simply the brand Karma). Anyhoo besides the really cheesy/cringy opening it really seems similar to the Mach E. (250-300) mile range. Some people can buy, not sure who, but majority can receive one as a “flex lease” of $379 a month. Can reserve now on their app apparently for $250 bucks.

Not really much exciting, seems it will be lagging behind competitors in 2022 (Model Y, Mach E), although the pricing and structure model may be enticing.
Sponsored

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
I agree. The whole unveiling seemed rather pointless as the Ocean has been shown in multiple videos and articles over that last few months. Seemed like just another marketing opportunity to get more pre-order $s, which is understandable but IMO I wouldn't feel comfortable giving Fisker a dime until they go live with production and the vehicle got some miles under its belt proving not only their tech but they will stand behind their product.

Up sides: Sharp looking CUV (at best, not a SUV). I applaud their effort to push the solar boundary on a vehicle. Retracting rear window. Recycling waste products. High rear turning signals. Price but I get the feeling you may get what you pay for, maybe less.

Down sides: Thought it was interesting Henrik pointing out what's really not needed on an EV and that it could be removed. This could have been an up side but the only example I heard him mention was no frunk. (Really?) Makes me wonder what else they determined was not needed. Very little to no specs about the vehicle - range, battery size, etc. No demonstration of the roof retracting, seats folding flat, or other areas of the interior. But instead it was more important to show off the Karaoke mode ... which ended up not having any sound. The driver instrument display looked odd - small but yet had a bunch of unused space with it just displaying what appeared to be the speed. Of course it was in demo mode but I suspect there will be more come ... maybe.

I wish them the best as another EV player but that's about it. I'll stick with my Rivian and Mach-E pre-orders for now.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
Thought it was interesting Henrik pointing out what's really not needed on an EV and that it could be removed.
E.G. the solar roof which gives you 2.7 mi pr day free juice - if you live someplace like Palm Springs. Seems to me that a frunk is much more useful than that. Consider the Rivian. I keep all my charging adapters, jack, tire inflator, patch kit etc. in the frunk of my X. Very handy. One wonders how one accesses the stuff under the bonnet for service.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
And now it is revealed that Fisker wants to build the Ocean on the VW MEB platform.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/13/...odular-platform-architecture-ocean-suv-apollo

While it might increase the likelihood of them actually delivering the Ocean (and the more BEVs on the road the better), I find it especially disappointing that they're not driving any innovation in the BEV market. They made some early claims about solid state batteries but later backtracked on that. It's also hard for me to see this business model driving the kind of response Nikola has experienced after going public now that Fisker is hoping to do the same by the end of this year. Not sure Nikola will deliver on their promises but if they are successful it's just the tip of the Hindenburg... I mean iceberg. What exactly is Fisker offering their future investors?

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Not sure Nikola will deliver on their promises but if they are successful it's just the tip of the Hindenburg... I mean iceberg.
:CWL::CWL::CWL:

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
The Fisker acquisition is really interesting. I'm very curious what made Spartan value them @ $2.9B. Seems crazy high, but electric vehicle stocks are hot...

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Henrik Fisker is making all the right moves this time round. Been following the company for the last 10 months. His first company had quite a bit of bad luck.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Like many of the comments in the attached article, I also thought this was a late April Fool's Day joke. Many people in our Forum have done a much better job of photo-shopping than was done in this "article". The lighting in the picture is completely off. The car is photographed with what appears to to be the setting Sun well to its right, whereas the Pope looks to have the mid-day Sun shining down on his back as his Papal Greenhouse is sliding off the right side of the Pope-mobile.

One good thing about such a limited market is that Fisker could fulfill all orders with their first delivery. VIN #THEHOLY0000001.

Ultimate OnStar included. "Oh, God! We're lost!" "My child, you are never lost....." ?

Kanefamily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GSW Diesel, Honda Fit, Silverado 1500
Occupation
retired
He's got 250$ of our $$$. Time will tell. Were in no hurry.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Well, getting closer…22 days til start of production…170 built on the line so far…

Rivian R1T R1S Fisker Ocean 09160A95-B926-4BC0-82A2-C1BF3BC9F717

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
https://driveteslacanada.ca/news/fisker-ocean-production-start-without-features/

Imagine paying a $5000 non-refundable deposit to get a car early and then being told this LOL:

However, customers will get the Ocean without blind spot monitoring, lane keep assistance, and automatic high beams when deliveries begin. The Ocean EV will also ship without cruise control, lane centering assist, and traffic jam assist, but those features are expected to arrive sooner, coming late in 2023.
Sponsored