0-60 in 3 seconds: are you OK with that?

Discussion in 'R1S SUV Discussions' started by Another Brother, Jul 13, 2019.

1. PoorPilot

PoorPilot Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    2018 Model X / R1T & R1S Reservation Holder
    I hear you, but who knows what will be installed in the next year or two to supplement the slower charging spots. Another option is find a spot to charge that’s connected to a hotel. These are popping up at more and more places around the country. Again, you may not get the fast DC charging, but if you plug in at dinner time, then leave the next morning, you’re still going to get roughly 200 miles at even 20miles/hr charge rate. I specifically look for hotels with a charging spot now when I’m on a multi-day road trip. It’s like getting a free tank of gas while you sleep at most places.

**I haven’t had much luck with the Blink network. The fastest rate I’ve seen was about 9miles/hour. Not worth it, in my opinion.**

2. Lmirafuente

Lmirafuente Member

First Name:
    Lionel
    Vehicles:
    BMW740i
    I posted this in another thread on this forum that may be relevant to the charging station subject...

When I was at the Overland West Expo and talked with RJ he gave us a great bit of info on charging stations. He asked us if we knew how many gas stations there are in the USA. We clearly did not know and thought in the millions, but actually there are only 168,000. He also asked how long do you think it takes to get a new gas station built---It takes three years! Guess how long it takes to get a charging station up? --- It takes one month.

You should also know that all Chevron gas stations will be outfitted with EV Charging stations. The first prototypes are already working here in California. ( https://electrek.co/2019/05/20/chevron-ev-charging-gas-stations/ ). The link I provided also indicates that other oil companies are seeing the writing on the walls for change. We are in the midst of the fourth industrial revolution--yes it is a thing. EV's are here to stay.

Hmp10 and Brewbud like this.
  3. Jimmie311

Jimmie311 Member

First Name:
    Jimmie
    Vehicles:
    Mazda 6
    In Denver, I asked this question specifically. I was told that ride height would automatically adjust at certain speeds, but the driver would also have the option to override to the ride height of their choice - with the exception of the "squat mode," which can only be used while the vehicle is parked.

4. Lmirafuente

Lmirafuente Member

First Name:
    Lionel
    Vehicles:
    BMW740i
    I would concur on this too as I heard the same when I was at the Overland West Expo.