Sponsored

Z06 C8 lust

YamaLink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Thinking an ICE will still be in the garage even after an R1T comes home. I'm not a Chevrolet fanboy and think the Corvette is a cliche on wheels, but the C8 has me thinking diff'rently.

Been watching the local dealer markups of $10,000 - $30,000, and the even larger premiums online. A few zippin' around town, mostly driven by the demographic Chevrolet is trying to get away from: elderly and driving 10 under. Locally it's a 3 year wait if not wanting to pay $100,000 for what was a $72000 build spec. There are two in the area for a big markup and ugly colors (acceleration yellow or $1500 decal kits).

I'm the last to know, it seems, but a handful of Corvette dealers on the east coast sell Corvettes by the boatload at MSRP. The wait for the new Z06 is less from one of these dealers than it is waiting for a base Stingray, and the price is LESS when not factoring in markups. Think my replay button is broken from hearing the Z06 testing in Bowling Green.

Lurking on the few Corvette forums was shocking how passionate the owners are. I don't dare click on the "Corvette vs Mustang/Dodge/Tesla/Ferrari" threads. You know it's as contentious as religion, politics, and pandemic theories, or EV vs ICE.

Okay, my morning coffee Z06 tangent is done.
Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I went to the Vette museum a couple of months ago and have been debating on selling my sports car and getting the C8

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
Thinking an ICE will still be in the garage even after an R1T comes home. I'm not a Chevrolet fanboy and think the Corvette is a cliche on wheels, but the C8 has me thinking diff'rently.

Been watching the local dealer markups of $10,000 - $30,000, and the even larger premiums online. A few zippin' around town, mostly driven by the demographic Chevrolet is trying to get away from: elderly and driving 10 under. Locally it's a 3 year wait if not wanting to pay $100,000 for what was a $72000 build spec. There are two in the area for a big markup and ugly colors (acceleration yellow or $1500 decal kits).

I'm the last to know, it seems, but a handful of Corvette dealers on the east coast sell Corvettes by the boatload at MSRP. The wait for the new Z06 is less from one of these dealers than it is waiting for a base Stingray, and the price is LESS when not factoring in markups. Think my replay button is broken from hearing the Z06 testing in Bowling Green.

Lurking on the few Corvette forums was shocking how passionate the owners are. I don't dare click on the "Corvette vs Mustang/Dodge/Tesla/Ferrari" threads. You know it's as contentious as religion, politics, and pandemic theories, or EV vs ICE.

Love fast cars. That’s why I drive A P100D.

OP
OP

YamaLink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Love fast cars. That’s why I drive A P100D.
My little neighborhood has three Plaids, all within the past 2 weeks. Was there a Buy 1 Get 2 Free special I didn't know about? The Plaid was an option, but that damn yoke...
In communication with two gigantic Corvette lots back east as we speak. It's a sickness many of us have.

linkwpc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2016 CMax, 2001 Saleen, 2002 GS300
Clubs

I want a C8 Z06 badly too. I own a 2010 Camaro SS that I have owned for 12 years now. I would like to replace it with a new Z06. Maybe one day....

Sponsored

IPTV65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JLU Sahara,Jeep JKU, Infiniti G37X, R1S
Occupation
Engineering Exec
Clubs

My little neighborhood has three Plaids, all within the past 2 weeks. Was there a Buy 1 Get 2 Free special I didn't know about? The Plaid was an option, but that damn yoke...
In communication with two gigantic Corvette lots back east as we speak. It's a sickness many of us have.
Sitting in my 2019 C7 GS as I type. The Vette is always ready to roll. No push a button and get it a drink while it gets itself ready for a couple runs. Just push button and it will go fast all day long. Mine will gladly share the garage with the R1S which is slightly faster to 60 but the Vette is much faster to 198. There is nothing like driving the Vette. Go for it! BTW the Vette is terrible off road! At least that’s what I have heard. Ha ha

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

C7 Z06 owner here. I would say you should absolutely hold out for the C8 Z06 and buy it from they East Coast guys. I had a buddy buy a 2019 Stingray from them and it was significantly cheaper (even after delivery) than what he was finding here in southern California.

I have bought two C7s from Redwood Chevy in northern California. If their price is right, I fly in, dealer picks me up at the airport and has the car ready to go. I start my 2-3 day drive down HWY 1 and am ready for the first oil change when I get home.

I will probably get the Z06 after the first year of production. I will not pay a premium, so that may hold me back a little, but eventually a dealer will want my money.

bullitt2735

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 dodge viper gts , 2015 ford fiesta st
Occupation
engineer
Probably going to wait for the zr1/ forced induction c8 here myself as the c8z06 is going to be na and I don't think it will feel that fast to me but I may buy a different mid engine car instead as the c8 proportions still don't look quite right to me.

Joewillie

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Firefighter
Not a fan of Chevy at all but they got it right with the C8. Man, supercar looks in the right color.

Yolo - this aint a dress rehearsal!

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
@YamaLink do it. If you don’t, who will?

Sponsored

OP
OP

YamaLink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Probably going to wait for the zr1/ forced induction c8 here myself as the c8z06 is going to be na and I don't think it will feel that fast to me but I may buy a different mid engine car instead as the c8 proportions still don't look quite right to me.
Almost a little too "awkward rectangle meets Camaro with a slumping mid section" in back. At least in some colors and wheel configurations in my opinion.

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
Got my Z51 C8 just about a year ago - at MSRP. There are plenty of dealers that will sell at MSRP - search CorvetteForum.com for a thread that has the list.

My deposit is in on a Z06. Who knows, I may get that before the R1T LE!

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent

What a beautiful car, your right. Supposedly an ev version coming soon might have me thinking of becoming an owner too. The closest thing I’ve owned to a sports car was a 3 series BMW, that crowd is loyal too whew?I really love those new c8’s.

Oak62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 C7 Z51
Just recently sold my '14 C7 Z51. Had for 5+ years and loved every second of it. I look forward to beating Vettes off the line and around on/off ramps in my R1T. :CWL: