Sponsored

Youtubers discuss delay

hed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Raptor, Rivian Reservation 13##
Sorry if this has been posted already. Nothing really new here, just noting that the lack of communication and they all seem resigned to a much longer wait than anticipated.

Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Interesting. What a change of tone from their other videos that I've seen. Even the fanboys (their term) are sick of Rivian's BS anti-communications strategy.

But it's true that it's completely indefensible for Rivian not to have not even acknowledged their inability to meet the October deadline they set for themselves.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
IPO Quiet Period!!! More info will come after IPO!!

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Presumably the quiet period doesn't prevent Rivian from proliferating info in their filings right? There's tons of information in them, basically all of the info we've been wondering about, and it wouldn't take a lot of effort for Rivian to convey that info to their customers themselves.

Hell, I'd probably even give them a pass if they explicitly just said something like it being an exciting time as they start delivering vehicles and that they'll have more information once they are free to share it again.

Sponsored

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
I'll wait for someone to post the summary rather than watch a video... to hear about a delay?

Seems like a waste of video bandwidth.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
I'll wait for someone to post the summary rather than watch a video... to hear about a delay?

Seems like a waste of video bandwidth.
Here’s the summary: “I want, I Want, I WANT, I WAAAAANNNNNTTTTT!” as squealed in the voice of a petulant child demanding the latest toy NOW or at least S00N! ?

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Here’s the summary: “I want, I Want, I WANT, I WAAAAANNNNNTTTTT!” as squealed in the voice of a petulant child demanding the latest toy NOW or at least S00N! ?
They addressed this issue and explicitly said this wasn't about delivery timing. Instead, they said that what Rivian needs to do is communicate, that it would be much better if Rivian provided people with info, and it's really disappointing that they aren't.

Last edited:

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

That’s a pretty bad summary… I mean who sounds like the petulant child here?

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

wicked2112

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & CrossTrek
Occupation
Warranty & Product Integrity Manager - Yakima Racks.
Clubs

Sorry if this has been posted already. Nothing really new here, just noting that the lack of communication and they all seem resigned to a much longer wait than anticipated.

Just 3 over a dozen!!!!! JIMMY!!!!! :CWL:

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Literally none of what your wrote is accurate. The entire discussion was regarding improved communication, and there was zero whining.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Haha did I miss something? Sorry context?
I believe that was you who made that statement in the video when you were attempting to figure out a reason for Rivian silence.

Am I wrong?

A bit after here (started earlier for some context):

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I believe that was you who made that statement in the video when you were attempting to figure out a reason for Rivian silence.

Am I wrong?

A bit after here (started earlier for some context):

Haha I am not the guys in the video tho I chat with them on occasion @skyote @jimcgov3
Sponsored