First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 SEL AWD
Occupation
RN
Just received this about a half hour ago. I feel like a kid on Christmas day!!

I did run into a hiccup where when I clicked to schedule it was asking me to confirm my delivery address and only had my home address shown. But I could not confirm that as it was "outside the delivery area". I had been told I would be taking delivery at the SC.
I reached out to my guide who immediately got back to me and scheduled our pickup for this Friday at the El Segundo SC.
I know some have had issues with their guides here, but Zach has been awesome from the beginning and always super responsive and helpful.

I'm officially not going to sleep for the next 2 days!!

Rivian R1T R1S Your time from VIN to Delivery? 1681930345348
Sponsored

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order

I did run into a hiccup where when I clicked to schedule it was asking me to confirm my delivery address and only had my home address shown. But I could not confirm that as it was "outside the delivery area". I had been told I would be taking delivery at the SC.
I reached out to my guide who immediately got back to me and scheduled our pickup for this Friday at the El Segundo SC.
I know some have had issues with their guides here, but Zach has been awesome from the beginning and always super responsive and helpful.

1681930345348.png
Congrats!

Your friend could probably make a killing just providing tracking on Rivians. I’ve seen this on the Jeep forums, you pay $50 and they send you tracking updates.

timmmmeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S, 23 MY

1681930345348.png
Congrats! Hopefully I'm not too far behind you. *fingers crossed*

LaxRN

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 SEL AWD
Occupation
RN
Congrats! Hopefully I'm not too far behind you. *fingers crossed*
I'm sure you will be!!
I kept kind of bugging my guide. Every update I got as far as my like check arriving to Rivian, etc, I was emailing him the updates so he knew I was ready to go at any moment.

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer

1681930345348.png
Just talked to Jake out of the Costa Mesa SC and our R1S is ready for pickup as soon as Monday, but I had to schedule for Thursday due to needing both my wife and myself off of work at the same time!!! Can't wait.. now to call Carvana to pick up this old Ford Flex War Wagon!!

Sponsored

timmmmeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S, 23 MY
I'm sure you will be!!
I kept kind of bugging my guide. Every update I got as far as my like check arriving to Rivian, etc, I was emailing him the updates so he knew I was ready to go at any moment.
Just got a call to confirm delivery date for next Wednesday (4/26). So about 3 weeks and 2 days between picking a car that's located at the factory, to delivery.

involatile

First Name
Debashis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y

1681930345348.png
Congrats!!!

Still no news for me. VIN assigned on 3/30.

Haulin Oats

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T Adventure
I was assigned VIN/8 Steps March 1st. completed 7 steps, and heard nothing with regards to ETA. March 25th I got a text to schedule delivery. Picked up my truck March 29th.

nitin_chauhan

First Name
stranger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I got a VIN and then BAM!…maybe a week later at best the note to schedule delivery which was surprising new math for 6-8 weeks. But I understand they’re just trying to get them out as best they can.

I drive by their “staging lot” a little too much and see a lot of Ts and a few Ss.

Portland is popping.
By any chance you bought on shop?

RivianDeac

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40 Recharge
We pick up our new R1S later this week from Brooklyn. Will be just over 5 weeks from shop purchase.

Sponsored

someallenguy

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

We pick up our new R1S later this week from Brooklyn. Will be just over 5 weeks from shop purchase.
Was your R1S built when you chose it from the shop? Mine is getting on the train to Brooklyn this week (hopefully) and I'm trying to make sure I'm not on a business trip when my delivery window first opens up

jlwall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sequoia TRD Pro, Tesla P85D
Occupation
Engineer
I am set for an R1S El Segundo Delivery this Friday

Pre-Order: 1/2/2022
Shop Access: 4/1/2023 -> Rivian employee F&F deal

Shop Selected: 4/12/2023 noon, guide called 2 hours later
Build Date: 4/3/2023, Vin 84xx
Left Factory: 4/17/2023

Closed Steps and Payment: 5/10/2023
Arrived in Service Center: 5/13/2023, got the call from the SC guy directly as it was unloading
Scheduled Delivery: 5/19/2023

So end to end 37 days from Factory to Los Angeles, which is right in the 4-6 week window my guide predicted.
Around 6 days was asked for PDI from my Guide in El Segundo, I could tell he was happy for me but very stressed and hopefully dealing with a lot of incoming cars to prep. Home delivery was not offered, they made it sound like they were too busy. Hurray for a $1,700 deliver and transport charge , Im guessing its a way for them to shave off a few bucks on the sale.

I am pretty convinced once the car hits the rail, the guides themselves have little idea where it physically is. For Future customers it would be nice for them to figure out how to have the vehicle wake itself up once every 24 hours, and send a ping once/if it can get a location resolved inside the rail container. Could we plot out the journey on our web account page.

I probably contacted my guide a little too much, being excited. I was also trying to land a trade in and time out an external offer, so Rivians current process of " it gets there when it gets there" makes it a bit complicated.

catmandew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S LE, Lexus ES 350, Chevrolet S10
14 days from VIN to R1S delivery (from shop).

Good luck!

s00n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S - Jeep LJ Rubicon - R1S
Finally got a delivery date! From VIN to delivery date will be just shy of 6 (painfully long) weeks.

Guess I’ll have to change my name s00n

Last edited:

RivianDeac

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40 Recharge
Was your R1S built when you chose it from the shop? Mine is getting on the train to Brooklyn this week (hopefully) and I'm trying to make sure I'm not on a business trip when my delivery window first opens up
No it was not. It was in normal and began its painfully slow journey about 1 week after purchase.
Sponsored