Sponsored

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I don't really understand the excitement over the Rivian all weather mats no matter what color. I ordered them when I pre-ordered my truck, but ultimately I replaced the Rivian mats with smart liner mats that go up over the door sill. It makes all the difference keeping dirt and liquid on the matt instead of on the carpet in the crack between the door and the mat. I don't really care what they look like under my feet, I just want to make it easy to trap dirt and moisture on the mat.
I also don't understand what the fuss is about. Do people spend that much time looking at the matts? I for one would like the entire matt to be yellow with deviated stitching.
Sponsored

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Is it me or is it weird that the mats are the same price for the R1T and R1S even though the R1S has an extra third row mat.

Either, R1S folks are getting an extra mat for free or the R1T folks are getting hosed paying the same amount for two mats vs three! :)

JWreck

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (pre-ordered, Audi RS5 Sportback
Occupation
IT
I don't really understand the excitement over the Rivian all weather mats no matter what color. I ordered them when I pre-ordered my truck, but ultimately I replaced the Rivian mats with smart liner mats that go up over the door sill. It makes all the difference keeping dirt and liquid on the matt instead of on the carpet in the crack between the door and the mat. I don't really care what they look like under my feet, I just want to make it easy to trap dirt and moisture on the mat.
It’s just that little “extra”. Certainly agree the Rivian mats aren’t the best, but they do fine for me here in Texas with occasional rain and dirt, so I enjoy the OEM look that isn’t super intrusive.

Certainly for someone that needs more protection these aren’t really ideal.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I generally like OEM stuff and the yellow is nice. My wife calls the mats “sleek”

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
Is it me or is it weird that the mats are the same price for the R1T and R1S even though the R1S has an extra third row mat.

Either, R1S folks are getting an extra mat for free or the R1T folks are getting hosed paying the same amount for two mats vs three! :)
No not weird to me. The R1T mats probably have $2 worth of plastic and the R1S $3. The other $170 is going to shipping, handling, storage, profit, etc - all of which are roughly the same no matter how many pieces of plastic are in the box.

Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I generally like OEM stuff and the yellow is nice. My wife calls the mats “sleek”
I like the OEM Chilewhich mats that come with the truck - to me those are really unique and slick. I wish I could use them more but Im often wearing boots with mud or horse poop in them and want to be able to keep it off the carpet by the door sills so I need after market molded mats.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Let's not start poking bears

SoCalGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Preorder
Did anyone else notice that the order confirmation doesn’t actually specify the color in your order (nor does it have a part #)? Worries that Rivian will ship me the black instead of the yellow ones and there’s no “proof” in the order confirmation on which color you ordered…

Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Did anyone else notice that the order confirmation doesn’t actually specify the color in your order (nor does it have a part #)? Worries that Rivian will ship me the black instead of the yellow ones and there’s no “proof” in the order confirmation on which color you ordered…
yes. The image in your email should have the yellow logo. Also they’ll send the correct one.

BronxBomber

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S LE, 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Talent Executive
I like the OEM Chilewhich mats that come with the truck - to me those are really unique and slick. I wish I could use them more but Im often wearing boots with mud or horse poop in them and want to be able to keep it off the carpet by the door sills so I need after market molded mats.
Love my OEM OC mats. Fortunately I’m in LA without much mud (or horse poo) around. Everyone loves the mats when they get in but can see how a more rugged environment would be hell on white floor mats.

Cavalryscout18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
I don’t even have my R1S but I ordered the yellow ones anyways. They can sit in my garage for the next 4-6 months. I recall how long it took to get these back in stock.

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

I ordered a yellow set yesterday and plan to use them as place mats on our dinner table until my R1S arrives. Shhhh. Don't tell my wife. It's going to be a surprise.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Love my OEM OC mats. Fortunately I’m in LA without much mud (or horse poo) around. Everyone loves the mats when they get in but can see how a more rugged environment would be hell on white floor mats.
We have horses in LA! It's not rugged, but with all the rain this year it's been muddy and messy for us.
Sponsored