Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
Gray all day!

I really like the new faux flat grey FCA has been using on it's vehicles and think it would look good on the R1T.

Otherwise any grey color would do it for me.

I would pick the black interior color option for the vehicle as is, but if I could get a non-wood option for the interior trim (PLEASE RIVIAN!) I would go with the Lunar Rock package, because I like the contrasting gray and light colors in the R1S. I think it showcases the diverse textures used by Rivian.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I would pick the black interior color option for the vehicle as is, but if I could get a non-wood option for the interior trim (PLEASE RIVIAN!)
They have previously stated that a non-wood option would be available, but haven't shared details on what it would be.

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
Please let it be aluminum, like the body, or carbon fiber.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I actually love the lighter colored wood of the Lunar Rock, still wish I could get that in the Black Mountain interior. But, the more I see the Lunar Rock the more I'm liking it.

As for a non-wood trim option, hopefully it doesn't have a gloss finish which is prone to glare. Even the satin aluminum in my Volvo catches the light just wrong some times.

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
Lunar Rock was paired with the white R1S at Mill Valley/SF and it looked really nice. I prefer lighter color interiors as they feel more open and airy, and it's very Scandinavian and modern in feel. Darker trim isn't as appealing, perhaps because there are so many fake, dark wood trims in cars.

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
They have previously stated that a non-wood option would be available, but haven't shared details on what it would be.
Do you know where or when that was?

I honestly wonder what they'll do?

Thanks a ton for the information though I was really hung up on not wanting wood trim in the vehicle.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Lunar Rock was paired with the white R1S at Mill Valley/SF and it looked really nice. I prefer lighter color interiors as they feel more open and airy, and it's very Scandinavian and modern in feel. Darker trim isn't as appealing, perhaps because there are so many fake, dark wood trims in cars.
Yes, the Mill Valley event is when I decided I might actually consider the Lunar Rock interior.

In well over 30 years of car ownership, I have almost always had either a charcoal or black interior including in both of my oh so Scandinavian Volvos. It's just always been my preference. The one exception was an Accord that I had with an ivory/taupe interior which I regretted getting. When I had that car I once got rained on at an outdoor concert. On the drive home, my wet leather belt transferred dark brown dye into the ivory leather leaving a very obvious permanent stain. That has made me very leery of lighter color interiors. I've also seen other people's cars with marks from ink pens, you name it. The lighter colored upholstery just doesn't seem to age as well. I think some of the newer materials that Rivian is using are supposed to deal with stains a bit better - at least that is my hope.

Sponsored

torgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Xterra Pro4X; R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Big fan of the brighter yellow! If "safety yellow" ends up being a production color, I will be pretty hard-pressed to decide between that or RJ blue. Undecided on interior, the dark green is pretty attractive

jimrichard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Toyota Tundra, 2017 Infiniti Q50
Occupation
Self
Thank God there will be a non wood option and it might even be cheaper. I just don't care for the wood look in this high tech vehicle though Mercedes pulls it off nicely it just doesn't work here imo. Mercedes woods are so polished and dark you have to really look hard to know they are wood. A different option done right will likely turn my deposit into in actual order.

Eduardokk

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet
Rivian in any color ... it's beautiful ... no doubt...