Sponsored

Sponsored

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Rivian R1T R1S Yakima SUPDawg SUP Rack on Rivian R1T roof rack bars - carrying surfboard 1633546227264

Feels kinda…faux. Definitely not…Normal?

Sponsored

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
Too funny-- someone commented on one of his pictures "Are you an employee or regular customer"?
Simple and fair question. I added a comment that he's an employee. Both comments deleted a minute later.

On the same post someone commented "happy to see deliveries have started". I added "1 employee delivery doesn't count". One minute later both comments deleted.

I know someone here will say "Well, you would do the same if someone is stalking your instagram and commenting like that". My response would be - don't make a public account when you are posting about a vehicle that has many unanswered questions and is highly desired.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
Same purpose as the $300 SupDawg, but $280 cheaper. Lay board on, tie down.
Why do you think he made that change? SupDawg wasn't working well?

Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, VW ID.4, R1S on preorder
Clubs

Why do you think he made that change? SupDawg wasn't working well?
?‍♂

No clue, the SUPDawg looks pretty cool, I would assume it is easier / better. Maybe he went surfing once before putting them on the car. The pictures could have been taken in the opposite order.

HokieBird7980

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alpina B7, Mercedes GL550, Hyundai Tuscon
Occupation
Chief Commercial Officer, Pharmaceuticals
Clubs

?‍♂

No clue, the SUPDawg looks pretty cool, I would assume it is easier / better. Maybe he went surfing once before putting them on the car. The pictures could have been taken in the opposite order.
My gut is that it was to show versatility of how you could mount the board on top of the R1T. He also could have just used the foam blocks without the racks, as i've seen that done many times. Probably wouldn't recommend that with a glass roof, but perhaps that's why they showed it having the foam blocks on the roof rack. They want to make a point to use the rack, not the direct contact with the glass.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Too funny-- someone commented on one of his pictures "Are you an employee or regular customer"?
Simple and fair question. I added a comment that he's an employee. Both comments deleted a minute later.

On the same post someone commented "happy to see deliveries have started". I added "1 employee delivery doesn't count". One minute later both comments deleted.

I know someone here will say "Well, you would do the same if someone is stalking your instagram and commenting like that". My response would be - don't make a public account when you are posting about a vehicle that has many unanswered questions and is highly desired.
Gonna make my Instagram account private now in case you find it. Yeesh.
Sponsored