First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
Gonna make my Instagram account private now in case you find it. Yeesh.

Maybe I'm the only one that thinks it's a marketing stunt. Just hard for me to believe there are many actual deliveries out there. People can't go a day without posting what they ate for breakfast. I think we would have seen many more R1Ts by now.
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Maybe I'm the only one that thinks it's a marketing stunt. Just hard for me to believe there are many actual deliveries out there. People can't go a day without posting what they ate for breakfast. I think we would have seen many more R1Ts by now.
Brian Gase, head of special projects has his. Whoever this guy is has his. And maybe they want to share pictures of their shiny new truck without entirely doxxing themselves.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
That’s consistent with @eggpaul who I think is saying that the paucity of other postings shows that there are no ongoing average joe deliveries. Any 1 or 2 people getting R1Ts might go undetected/private but no way is there no evidence of normal people getting Rivians if they have had ongoing deliveries since the end of September.

Brian Gase, head of special projects has his. Whoever this guy is has his. And maybe they want to share pictures of their shiny new truck without entirely doxxing themselves.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
That’s consistent with @eggpaul who I think is saying that the paucity of other postings shows that there are no ongoing average joe deliveries. Any 1 or 2 people getting R1Ts might go undetected/private but no way is there no evidence of normal people getting Rivians if they have had ongoing deliveries since the end of September.

And if CS would be honest and straightforward I would be fine with the delays. Just tell me employees are getting trucks right now. Tell us you are perfecting the truck after coming across a few issues.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
My gut is that it was to show versatility of how you could mount the board on top of the R1T. He also could have just used the foam blocks without the racks, as i've seen that done many times. Probably wouldn't recommend that with a glass roof, but perhaps that's why they showed it having the foam blocks on the roof rack. They want to make a point to use the rack, not the direct contact with the glass.
My gut says the photos aren't in chronological order. He went to the lake with the SUP before he had the SUPDog attachment...

Sponsored

R1S Maineiac

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo CX90 Recharge PHEV
Occupation
Medically retired 8/27/21
LMAO, i'm having Model 3 flashbacks. But sometimes, you have to pull yourself back from your self-perceived "entitlement" to know everything, everywhere.

The reality is, it's still a private company. There are deliveries taking place. They count, since the vehicle will be titled and registered. I'm sorry they aren't going directly to YOU right away, but that's just how they do it now.

If you're in a beater on its last legs, I hope you get your car in time.

Otherwise.....maybe 100 were delivered yesterday, but you'll never know because all of the FB apps were down. ;)

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
LMAO, i'm having Model 3 flashbacks. But sometimes, you have to pull yourself back from your self-perceived "entitlement" to know everything, everywhere.

The reality is, it's still a private company. There are deliveries taking place. They count, since the vehicle will be titled and registered. I'm sorry they aren't going directly to YOU right away, but that's just how they do it now.

If you're in a beater on its last legs, I hope you get your car in time.

Otherwise.....maybe 100 were delivered yesterday, but you'll never know because all of the FB apps were down. ;)
Not expecting mine for months, but I still think it's little cheesy they said September launch and then made employee-only deliveries at the very end of the month. Not very Rivian of Rivian. Shoulda just delayed to whatever they actually needed to delay. They're not even at a year yet so a good 2 years left before they hit mean Tesla delay regardless.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The reality is, it's still a private company. There are deliveries taking place.* They count, since the vehicle will be titled and registered. I'm sorry they aren't going directly to YOU right away, but that's just how they do it now.
*[citation needed]

It feels like a nit, but I think it's significant that it's not clear whether deliveries are actually ongoing now. This is not a dispute about the validity of the late September employee purchases - just a note that we have no reports of any actual deliveries to anyone, employee or not, after that first day/week.

The longer this situation persists, the more it feels like a misleading comms strategy to say that deliveries began in September. Deliveries didn't really "begin" if this is effectively an unannounced beta test, especially if they're now halted to allow Rivian to fix small issues from the "beta test" population before shipping to outsiders.

R1S Maineiac

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
*[citation needed]

It feels like a nit, but I think it's significant that it's not clear whether deliveries are actually ongoing now. This is not a dispute about the validity of the late September employee purchases - just a note that we have no reports of any actual deliveries to anyone, employee or not, after that first day/week.

The longer this situation persists, the more it feels like a misleading comms strategy to say that deliveries began in September. Deliveries didn't really "begin" if this is effectively an unannounced beta test, especially if they're now halted to allow Rivian to fix small issues from the "beta test" population before shipping to outsiders.
If they register and title the vehicle, in their own name, it's a delivery.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If they register and title the vehicle, in their own name, it's a delivery.
Not really the point. No matter who's paying for the vehicle and how it's titled, it doesn't count for me if you are delivering to a limited "beta test" population and are going to fix the issues they identify before ramping up production for the general public.

Are these R1Ts production VIN? I also don't care about that issue. If they still have hardware and software issues to fix before they are willing to sell the vehicles to non-employees, then I don't think real customer deliveries have started in any meaningful sense, as the product's not actually ready for everyone.

Sponsored

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

Not really the point. No matter who's paying for the vehicle and how it's titled, it doesn't count for me if you are delivering to a limited "beta test" population and are going to fix the issues they identify before ramping up production for the general public.

Are these R1Ts production VIN? I also don't care about that issue. If they still have hardware and software issues to fix before they are willing to sell the vehicles to non-employees, then I don't think real customer deliveries have started in any meaningful sense, as the product's not actually ready for everyone.
I get both perspectives but lean to your point of view and the primary reason why is, as someone said, the lack of clarity doesn't feel very Rivian. I think that's a great way to put it and also why this issue is so frustrating to so many. It's not about waiting another 2 weeks or 2 months or whatever to get a vehicle. It's that many of us, myself included, bought into the vision, not just of the vehicle, but of Rivian as a company. So when the company seems to act in a way that's contrary to that vision we bought into, the frustration, agnst, and disappointment are felt disproportionately. I remember meeting RJ at the event in Atlanta back in late 2019, almost a year after my pre-order at that point. I told him I couldn't have imagined paying that much money for a car but I believed in his vision and me ordering a Rivian was me literally buying into that vision. So when things seem squirrelly or off in the communications and the way the company operates, it hits me and many others perhaps harder than it should. Doesn't mean Rivian isn't a great company and won't deliver an amazing product, just that the bumps in the road to get there hurt more for some of us that are maybe excessively invested.

R1S Maineiac

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
This is stupid. My posts keep getting deleted.

Video and photo #Repost from @ambosrivians on Instagram:

I didn't realize we had to post helpful things every time. You may want to rethink that rule, admins, or your site traffic is going to drop by about 90%. Almost nothing posted in here is helpful. Stop making that the threshold for acceptability.

Electric Rivilution

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Model X P90D
Video and photo #Repost from @ambosrivians on Instagram:

You do realize that "ambosrivians" who posted this stuff on Instagram (and then reposted to the Facebook post you reposted) is the same guy who took the photos in the first post of this thread right? It's the same guy who may very well be a Rivian employee based on his posting history and how mysterious he seems to be about his delivery and ownership.

R1S Maineiac

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
You do realize that "ambosrivians" who posted this stuff on Instagram (and then reposted to the Facebook post you reposted) is the same guy who took the photos in the first post of this thread right? It's the same guy who may or may not be a Rivian employee and remains mysteriously so about it.

The attitude in this place is amazing. First, we clamor to find out anything possible about these trucks, and see them in the wild.

Then, someone in the wild posts that they have their truck, and you people get mad that it's not the right person.

Someone put their own plates on a truck that they titled in their name.

That defines production. Doesn't have a dealer plate on it or a manufacturer plate, does it?

Again, I'm so very sorry that it's not one of us. That's just how it goes.

I certainly hope the rivian fan base doesn't become as toxic as tesla's, but I'm noting some early similarities.

Electric Rivilution

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Model X P90D
The attitude in this place is amazing. First, we clamor to find out anything possible about these trucks, and see them in the wild.

Then, someone in the wild posts that they have their truck, and you people get mad that it's not the right person.

Someone put their own plates on a truck that they titled in their name.

That defines production. Doesn't have a dealer plate on it or a manufacturer plate, does it?

Again, I'm so very sorry that it's not one of us. That's just how it goes.

I certainly hope the rivian fan base doesn't become as toxic as tesla's, but I'm noting some early similarities.
I saw your posts earlier before they were deleted. They were condescending and toxic IMO. Pot meet kettle.
Sponsored