prasadtakkar

First Name
Prasad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Rivian R1S LE
Clubs

Expel in Vegas said that the Rivian deal on gloss is only on the front. We wanted the whole truck covered so we went with stealth PPF ( which is matte)with the ceramic coating over it. They didn’t have anything called satin. The ceramic coating included the windows, roof and rims including the spare tire. I just called them and they said that full truck gloss PPF is $6,000. We got full truck stealth for $4,500 plus ceramic coating for $995. So we saved $505 and have a unique look

DBFCD6C1-2CBE-4393-A3D5-B09BE4F80C89.jpeg

733F7BE3-A630-4BBF-A35E-B2F43368E71F.jpeg
Thanks for sharing, its too good!
Sponsored

prasadtakkar

First Name
Prasad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

XPEL forwarded my query to a local dealer in Fremont, CA. Their response was as follows:

Your information was forward to us at DoubleTake Auto Spa in Fremont from Xpel regarding your Rivian.

Xpel Program: $4500

1. Deep Decontamination Wash
  2. Precut pattern only
  3. 5 Year Warranty

DoubleTake Auto Spa Package $6995

2. Precut Pattern with Extended Edges
  3. Light Polish to remove any fine lines, swirl marks or other paint imperfection
  4. Xpel Ultimate Plus or Stealth Matte with wrapped edges
  5. Six Months Ceramic Coating for Paint Protection Film (you can upgrade to 1 or 2 year ceramic coating)
  6. Six Months Rim Coating (you can upgrade to 2 or 5 years)
  7. Warranty 10 Years vs 5 Year
I contacted another dealer that is closer to me and had worked on my Tesla Model Y and is offering a wrap with Ceramic coating (10yr warranty), black out the chrome pieces and window tinting for 6K cash.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

XPEL forwarded my query to a local dealer in Fremont, CA. Their response was as follows:

Your information was forward to us at DoubleTake Auto Spa in Fremont from Xpel regarding your Rivian.

Xpel Program: $4500

2. Precut pattern only
  3. 5 Year Warranty

DoubleTake Auto Spa Package $6995

2. Precut Pattern with Extended Edges
  3. Light Polish to remove any fine lines, swirl marks or other paint imperfection
  4. Xpel Ultimate Plus or Stealth Matte with wrapped edges
  5. Six Months Ceramic Coating for Paint Protection Film (you can upgrade to 1 or 2 year ceramic coating)
  6. Six Months Rim Coating (you can upgrade to 2 or 5 years)
  7. Warranty 10 Years vs 5 Year
I contacted another dealer that is closer to me and had worked on my Tesla Model Y and is offering a wrap with Ceramic coating (10yr warranty), black out the chrome pieces and window tinting for 6K cash.
$6k cash is a VERY low price for an Xpel job... I can almost guarantee you're getting the 5yr film, and you're definitely NOT getting Xpel window tint.

Make sure they're an authorized Xpel shop, and have decent reviews & ratings.

prasadtakkar

First Name
Prasad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

$6k cash is a VERY low price for an Xpel job... I can almost guarantee you're getting the 5yr film, and you're definitely NOT getting Xpel window tint.

Make sure they're an authorized Xpel shop, and have decent reviews & ratings.
Thanks, I will ensure they are using XPEL products :) The dealer is https://autoprodetailing.com/. The 10yrs warranty is on the ceramic coating

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Thanks, I will ensure they are using XPEL products :) The dealer is https://autoprodetailing.com/. The 10yrs warranty is on the ceramic coating
Funny thing with ceramics and these shops. I went to a highly reviewed “high end” shop for some ppf and ceramic. After all was said and done, they said they’d only warranty the 5 year ceramic if they do a maintenance coat every year for a couple hundred bucks lol. At that point I’m like.. it’s not a warranty you guys are putting a new layer of ceramic every year and that’s fine, but don’t call it a warranty. Just a heads up to ask about that.

Sponsored

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

Yes, I understand they're using a 10yr warranty ceramic coating (which is BS to begin with).

What I'm telling you is that you're getting 5yr PPF installed, not the 10 or 12yr warrantied films. Again get it in writing of exactly what is being installed on your vehicle. A lot of baiting and switching out there in the PPF/tint industry.

prasadtakkar

First Name
Prasad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Yes, I understand they're using a 10yr warranty ceramic coating (which is BS to begin with).

What I'm telling you is that you're getting 5yr PPF installed, not the 10 or 12yr warrantied films. Again get it in writing of exactly what is being installed on your vehicle. A lot of baiting and switching out there in the PPF/tint industry.
Thanks for the input, I will ensure I get it clarified

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Afternoon @Tim@XPEL

Any chance you have an update on factory stealth ppf?

Cheers.

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
I'm still battling the demons in my head telling me to do full stealth, vs other demon saying full clear, vs the slightly saner demon telling me to do front clear.

Full Front (this is albuquerque so we probably might be a bit cheaper than big citys): 1850 front bumper, whole hood, whole left/right fender, mirrors, and front of roof. Turn around 2-3 days

Full Vehicle: $4500 all painted surfaces, headlights, with a ceramic pro coating on top of the ppf. (they wrap edges and debadge too).

plus, if desired: 250 prime CS and prime XR ceramic UV is 450$ with additional 100 for windshield. (I don't think front windshield is legal here...but it's the wild west).

sac602

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner, Lexus NX Hybrid
Clubs

anyone get ppf done in the Sacramento area?

Sponsored

VancouverClearBra

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jurgen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, BMW M235i, Ford F350
Occupation
Clear Bra Installer
Hope I have the numbers right but here's what I'm recalling from the mind... OEM Rivian package is 5 year and whatever milage warranty Rivian offers, much less wrapped edges, no lights, none of the black trim done on the OEM package. When done at an Xpel shop and not the OEM package it is a 10 year warranty on the film through Xpel. The ceramic coatings are 1 year with light, 4 year with ppf and paint and 8 year with premium. This is all contingent on you bringing the vehicle back once per year for you touch up maintenance.

VancouverClearBra

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jurgen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, BMW M235i, Ford F350
Occupation
Clear Bra Installer
I'm still battling the demons in my head telling me to do full stealth, vs other demon saying full clear, vs the slightly saner demon telling me to do front clear.

Full Front (this is albuquerque so we probably might be a bit cheaper than big citys): 1850 front bumper, whole hood, whole left/right fender, mirrors, and front of roof. Turn around 2-3 days

Full Vehicle: $4500 all painted surfaces, headlights, with a ceramic pro coating on top of the ppf. (they wrap edges and debadge too).

plus, if desired: 250 prime CS and prime XR ceramic UV is 450$ with additional 100 for windshield. (I don't think front windshield is legal here...but it's the wild west).
Please check into the warranty when adding anything other then Xpel FUSION PLUS ceramic coating on top of Xpel PPF. You really should stick with the Xpel ceramic coating IMO. Xpel STEALTH looks amazing on all of the Rivian colors that's for sure and they have a specific ceramic coating just for it too.

rickybobbyaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boosted S2K, E350 wagon, Bolt EV, Quad R1S
I apologize in advance if this had been covered... but are the A/B pillars along with the roofline (all areas in black) protected with ppf as well?

ebob9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
For what it's worth - I've used them in Fremont for PPF/ceramic/tinting for my last 3 vehicles (10mil XPEL on my last offroad vehicle.)

They do good work, but be sure and check for wrinkles/fitment/etc.. They'll fix everything with no problems, but they are human and have missed stuff. We had a parking sensor that didn't like their wrap around it for some reason, and they took it back and fixed it.

Also, they use CeramicPro for their ceramic coating - and the key is you need to go back every year for a yearly inspection/touchup. They will wash/clean and re-apply as/if needed through their warranty period.

prasadtakkar

First Name
Prasad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

For what it's worth - I've used them in Fremont for PPF/ceramic/tinting for my last 3 vehicles (10mil XPEL on my last offroad vehicle.)

They do good work, but be sure and check for wrinkles/fitment/etc.. They'll fix everything with no problems, but they are human and have missed stuff. We had a parking sensor that didn't like their wrap around it for some reason, and they took it back and fixed it.

Also, they use CeramicPro for their ceramic coating - and the key is you need to go back every year for a yearly inspection/touchup. They will wash/clean and re-apply as/if needed through their warranty period.
Yes, we did the yearly thing on our Model Y and our Rivian will be due next summer. No doubt I been happy with them
Sponsored