Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I was really hoping to have this done and the price seemed like it was worth it. Today as I asked my guide about it he said he was informed the sale has ended?
Sponsored

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
I was really hoping to have this done and the price seemed like it was worth it. Today as I asked my guide about it he said he was informed the sale has ended?
This was never mentioned as a sale, but more as an agreement, until Rivian started offering it directly from the factory. Hopefully the XPEL rep will chime in.

VHRivian

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Chevrolet Traverse
The XPEL/Rivian site is still working, but Tim@XPEL said that they were starting factory applications in October (if all went well) so maybe the other program was always just temporary until it was happing in Normal?

https://www.xpel.com/pmp/rivian

prasadtakkar

First Name
Prasad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Rivian R1S LE
Clubs

@Tim@XPEL
Rivian plans to deliver our R1S in the next 4 weeks. We have opted for Limestone exterior color and would like to see pictures of limestone wraps that your team may have done. I have also submitted a request on your website for someone to contact me to discuss our install options.

Reactions: Guy

Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

@Tim@XPEL
Rivian plans to deliver our R1S in the next 4 weeks. We have opted for Limestone exterior color and would like to see pictures of limestone wraps that your team may have done. I have also submitted a request on your website for someone to contact me to discuss our install options.
It would be good to see photos of each color with the satin finish.

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Based on what many have reported PPF quality, price and integrity varies greatly with the company doing the application. "Misunderstandings" seem common. With that in mind, I'm not sure the application of PPF by XPEL, as described below, wouldn't be worth a shot. Especially the "partial".

I would be very interested to see detailed photos of anyone that has had a vehicle delivered with with the XPEL applied at the factory as described below.

Thanks!
------------
From the initial post in this thread:

Q. Do the factory installations include paint correction and/or decontamination?

A. No. When the film is installed at the factory location, it is being applied on clean virgin paint that has never been outside in the elements. It is inspected first by Rivian in a light tunnel at the end of the production line, and then again by the installation team at our facility. If at either stage, a defect is found that would impact the installation in any way, the vehicle is sent back for this to be corrected before installation.

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Does anyone have proof-of-life of @Tim@XPEL? We haven't seen him in this thread in a very long time.

Has anyone heard anything regarding the full satin PPF application at the factory option?

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Based on what many have reported PPF quality, price and integrity varies greatly with the company doing the application. "Misunderstandings" seem common. With that in mind, I'm not sure the application of PPF by XPEL, as described below, wouldn't be worth a shot. Especially the "partial".

I would be very interested to see detailed photos of anyone that has had a vehicle delivered with with the XPEL applied at the factory as described below.

Thanks!
------------
From the initial post in this thread:

Q. Do the factory installations include paint correction and/or decontamination?

A. No. When the film is installed at the factory location, it is being applied on clean virgin paint that has never been outside in the elements. It is inspected first by Rivian in a light tunnel at the end of the production line, and then again by the installation team at our facility. If at either stage, a defect is found that would impact the installation in any way, the vehicle is sent back for this to be corrected before installation.
That's unfortunate. I've seen firsthand a delivered vehicle with spots that were sanded and never re-polished. So in the light you could clearly see dull finish in the touched-up spot vs unblemished clear coat.

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
That's unfortunate. I've seen firsthand a delivered vehicle with spots that were sanded and never re-polished. So in the light you could clearly see dull finish in the touched-up spot vs unblemished clear coat.
So *perhaps* XPEL personnel will catch this kind of problem and have Rivian fix it if the "at factory" application is selected.

To date, as far as I know, no one on the forum has reported receiving a vehicle with this option.

Sponsored

AnthPeca

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Occupation
Business Development
XPEL has a great Customer Service Team who can help answer questions about the various ways to protect your R1T or R1S. With multiple installation options available (and growing) such as factory direct and XPEL’s global network of dealer partners, questions often arise about the different coverage options and packages available, Rivian Guides and XPEL Customer Support are here to help.

Additionally, more complex inquiries can be escalated to the XPEL OEM Support Team through XPEL Customer Service, all Rivian customers and shoppers are welcome to reach out if they have questions or interests about XPEL Products or Installation Services.

They can be reached at +1 (210) 678-3700 or toll-free at 1 (800) 447-9928, [email protected]
(8:30-5:30 CST)

AP

yorty

First Name
marko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 ram 1500 4x4/Winnebago Vista 28
Occupation
retired

yorty

First Name
marko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Had full ppf and ceramic coating done in Vegas/Matte blue

prasadtakkar

First Name
Prasad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Rivian R1S LE
Clubs

Had full ppf and ceramic coating done in Vegas/Matte blue
You mind sharing pictures and the cost? Also was the ppf matte/satin/gloss?

yorty

First Name
marko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Expel in Vegas said that the Rivian deal on gloss is only on the front. We wanted the whole truck covered so we went with stealth PPF ( which is matte)with the ceramic coating over it. They didn’t have anything called satin. The ceramic coating included the windows, roof and rims including the spare tire. I just called them and they said that full truck gloss PPF is $6,000. We got full truck stealth for $4,500 plus ceramic coating for $995. So we saved $505 and have a unique look

Rivian R1T R1S XPEL Rivian Factory PPF Q&A -- by XPEL DBFCD6C1-2CBE-4393-A3D5-B09BE4F80C89

Rivian R1T R1S XPEL Rivian Factory PPF Q&A -- by XPEL 733F7BE3-A630-4BBF-A35E-B2F43368E71F
Sponsored