Sponsored

dotlinetriangle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure, Forest Green / Black Mountain / 21”
Clubs

@Tim@XPEL I filled out the form for a front clip install when the program was announced, but haven't heard back yet from an installer. (Seattle area) Should I have been contacted since? Would it help to submit the form again?

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Why full gloss vs stealth when it comes to offroading? Stealth more likely to attract dirt?? Just curious
Simply because I like the metallic/gloss look over the matte look. The only reason I mentioned off-roading is because you'd be more likely to want full coverage of the paint. The sides of my 4Runner have a ton of "pinstripes" due to plants/trees/shrubs rubbing down the side as you go through trails.

Last edited:

Gsxr150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F
Here is what I’ve been sent so far. Will post others as I receive them.

3BA35004-9600-486C-9A6B-E8162F92B823.jpeg
C0788B1E-9908-4713-9299-CDC0C1557922.jpeg
0F5E2881-C634-4702-AE5E-1CF6D814A54C.jpeg
09B1862E-A34D-4D92-8822-E876858146C5.jpeg
Hello Tim,

Nice to virtually meet you. Quick question, I've looked this up but was hoping for some clarity. I run my car through the local touchless carwash at least twice a week, and occasionally the soft-touch version. I live in Minnesota, so washing my car by hand twice a week is not an option. I NOT a good candidate for PPF, correct?

Last edited:

jbssfelix

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3; Rivian R1S
Clubs

Here is what I’ve been sent so far. Will post others as I receive them.

3BA35004-9600-486C-9A6B-E8162F92B823.jpeg
C0788B1E-9908-4713-9299-CDC0C1557922.jpeg
0F5E2881-C634-4702-AE5E-1CF6D814A54C.jpeg
09B1862E-A34D-4D92-8822-E876858146C5.jpeg
Kindly requesting your team find a Forest Green truck and stealth it. :)

Sponsored

agame32

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Simply because I like the metallic/gloss look over the matte look. The only reason I mentioned off-roading is because you'd be more likely to want full coverage of the paint. The sides of my 4Runner have a ton of "pinstripes" due to plants/trees/shrubs rubbing down the side as you go through trails.
Does either the matte or gloss do better at hiding pinstripes or other scratches?

kyunam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 LS 400, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
not sure what I'm doing
Clubs

Hi @Tim@XPEL ,

I LOVE your communication style. Very concise and crystal clear.

Have you thought about becoming the director of Rivian Customer Engagement?

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Yeah my Xterra is has it's fair share too! I know some complain the matte shows fingerprints etc, but that's not really a big deal to me, I just hope that mud etc, doesn't stain into the texture of it leaving spots. I assume this is likely a non issue tho.

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Hi @Tim@XPEL ,

I LOVE your communication style. Very concise and crystal clear.

Have you thought about becoming the director of Rivian Customer Engagement?
A shareholder proposal for vote perhaps…

OP
OP

Tim@XPEL

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
Occupation
VP OEM
Just to confirm, the stealth full body option done by a local dealer once an R1T is delivered WILL include wrapped edges for all panels that can support it without having to remove panels? This would include wrapping edges around doors, gear tunnel doors, hood, tailgate, etc.?
The designs published in the OEM section mentioned above are extended to wrap all edges where there is no impediment to doing so (including the ones you mentioned). The intent with the XPEL dealer program is to use those patterns as they are for the prices advertised, but that is only if:
  1. it is with a participating dealer (participation is not mandatory)
  2. no other work is needed to get the paint back to factory condition
  3. replacement badges are available rather than reworking the originals
Any other work needed can significantly increase the install time and will likely be at an additional charge.

Also the full stealth option includes wrapping the front bumper and pillars in glossy PPF, to include wrapped edges (when possible)?
The black section of the front bumper and the A-Pillars are included in the design package, so they should be covered in Stealth. It could technically be done in gloss if you want, but that will likely cost extra due to the fact that they can't be cut with the rest of the parts in Stealth, which increases waste.

Lastly, we have seen some installers chime in different forums indicating that the Rivian/Xpel package is inferior to having the truck fully wrapped, that they will NOT wrap edges and that they were blindsided by this program, have you received feedback from them regarding these concerns? Thanks!
It is certainly possible to wrap more, but I wouldn't go so far as to call the Rivian package inferior. It just depends on what's important to you. Factory edge tolerance for unwrapped edges (where you can't wrap without disassembly) is 0-1mm. If that millimeter of gloss is not acceptable, then I would recommend paying more to have the impeding parts removed so the film can be extended underneath. On the other hand, most casual observers wouldn't notice the difference unless it was pointed out, so to me it's just a question of cost vs. reward.

Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

@Tim@XPEL Cheers dude for setting the record straight. The real question on everyone's mind though is "What colour is your R1T/S?"

Personally I'm in the El Cap camp.
🍻

OP
OP

Tim@XPEL

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
Occupation
VP OEM
@Tim@XPEL I filled out the form for a front clip install when the program was announced, but haven't heard back yet from an installer. (Seattle area) Should I have been contacted since? Would it help to submit the form again?
Yes, you should have heard something by now. If you can PM me your info, I'll look into the delay.

OP
OP

Tim@XPEL

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
Occupation
VP OEM
Hello Tim,

Nice to virtually meet you. Quick question, I've looked this up but was hoping for some clarity. I run my car through the local touchless carwash at least twice a week, and occasionally the soft-touch version. I live in Minnesota, so washing my car by hand twice a week is not an option. I NOT a good candidate for PPF, correct?
Car washes of either type (touchless or otherwise) have no detrimental effect on Ultimate or Stealth, so there is no reason you can't have PPF installed.

OP
OP

Tim@XPEL

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
Occupation
VP OEM
Does either the matte or gloss do better at hiding pinstripes or other scratches?
They both heal the in the same fashion, so as long as the scratch doesn't penetrate all the way through the clear, you should be good with either one.
Sponsored