AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
Beautiful truck! Qq: did they cut out around your hood emblem? Just picked up my truck tonight using the oem template. They removed and reinstalled the side logos but I noticed a cutout around the hood emblem...
I went out to check, and although it doesn't look like it, in the pic that XPel sent me during the install, you can see it doesn't cover the entire front emblem area.
Rivian R1T R1S XPEL Rivian Factory PPF Q&A -- by XPEL hood emblem
Rivian R1T R1S XPEL Rivian Factory PPF Q&A -- by XPEL IMG_4353
Sponsored

Sierra7117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, 996
Occupation
Program Manager
I went out to check, and although it doesn't look like it, in the pic that XPel sent me during the install, you can see it doesn't cover the entire front emblem area.
hood emblem.jpg
IMG_4353.jpg
That looks great! I can't see any exposed paint around the emblem, maybe just the tiniest bit? Looking at the oem template there isn't supposed to be any cutouts for the emblem. Here's mine...

Rivian R1T R1S XPEL Rivian Factory PPF Q&A -- by XPEL E6B400A1-64CB-4FD7-8CB2-ACF4C26F3D38

Rivian R1T R1S XPEL Rivian Factory PPF Q&A -- by XPEL A20C2942-04D9-4FB3-B06E-6C29AA14865E

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
I guess they did a cut out, kind of makes sense, given it's an indented area with locating lugs for the logo, but they went pretty wide on yours. I can't see any exposed paint on mine, I see the area you mean in the photo, but I think that's just bad lighting.

Sierra7117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, 996
Occupation
Program Manager
Yeah, I emailed them the diff between oem vs standard templates and they responded confirming they goofed up and will reapply the ppf and ceramic in a couple weeks for the follow up check. Glad they committed to making things right!

Pfleegz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hyundai Palisade
I am preparing to take the R1T in for the front end PPF and a full ceramic coat. However, I received confirmation from my installer today that the $1500 Rivian package is 5 year (versus 10 year) warranty (which I knew) but also it includes no wrapped edges. To my understanding, it should include wrapped edges where possible.

Anyone have a good solution of how to approach the installer? They are really reputable in the area and will have my 80k truck in their hands. I want to ensure I get the full product I am paying for but also don't want to alienate them. Thanks!

Sponsored

ranieri

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90 T8
Occupation
photographer, real estate agent
Any update on when we will be able to get PPF from the factory?

Honorz

First Name
Anu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MY, 2018 Q7 , 2015 Q5 TDI,
The initial timeline was that it would come online in October or November.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

So I submitted my request through https://www.xpel.com/pmp/rivian. Only got one dealer to message me back and they said:

Generally we work on two different Kits:

Full Front End - $1900
- Full Hood
- Full Fenders
- Full Bumper
- Mirrors
- Wear & Tear (door cups, door edges, door sills)

Partial Kit: $1100
- 1/4 Hood
- 1/4 Fender
- Full Bumper
- Mirrors

I mean that's not the $1500 kit so what's the point of the deal right? I'm assuming I just wait until they know more about the deal?

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

@Tim@XPEL thanks for being part of the forum and helping with these things. Is there any way we can see the approved dealers in our area and choose which one we want to go to? I have no problem driving out of my area to find a better dealer to do this work but don't know who the partners are.

Gassious

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Mercedes Benz GL550
Clubs

@Tim@XPEL

Hi Tim,

Any word on when a "factory" XPEL PPF will be offered for the R1S or a dealer discount for the R1S like the R1T?

Thanks

Sponsored

steve1081

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla Model S, 2021 Yukon Denali, R1S LE
@Tim@XPEL

any update on the program for R1S?

I got a quote from a reputable local dealer and it was $7,500. I wish there was a corporate xpel near me.

I think the high dealer pricing is just par for the course in the current “people will pay any price” inflation economy. As interest rates are increased and the hot air comes out of the market I think this will start to come back into line as the order backlog shrinks. Those in hot markets with tons of money flowing in (FL being one) may take longer to moderate….

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

So I submitted my request through https://www.xpel.com/pmp/rivian. Only got one dealer to message me back and they said:

Generally we work on two different Kits:

Full Front End - $1900
- Full Hood
- Full Fenders
- Full Bumper
- Mirrors
- Wear & Tear (door cups, door edges, door sills)

Partial Kit: $1100
- 1/4 Hood
- 1/4 Fender
- Full Bumper
- Mirrors

I mean that's not the $1500 kit so what's the point of the deal right? I'm assuming I just wait until they know more about the deal?
Aren’t you getting more with the full front end package than the $1500 special, namely the mirrors and doors cups/edges. So the deal is worth it to set expectations for installers not to get too crazy with price.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Aren’t you getting more with the full front end package than the $1500 special, namely the mirrors and doors cups/edges. So the deal is worth it to set expectations for installers not to get too crazy with price.
The Rivian kit is mirrors as well the Rivian also has no door cups so not sure what they are doing there the door seals I’m going to do myself.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Was anyone actually able do get this done through the program for the agreed cost?

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3