Wyoming

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Please hit up CS @torgo and @DuckTruck! That’s a somewhat common route for folks from Salt Lake and places south of there to get to YNP and Jackson Hole. Much more scenic than I-15!
Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Clark,
I have much the same plan as you. What part of Wyoming? I'm in casper. Just talked to someone at Electrify America and asked for chargers in Shoshoni, Cody and Sheridan. They have submitted my proposal. I don't know what good that does, but at least they know there is at least some demand up here!
jarross, I've made at least three similar requests of EA for a number of stations throughout Wyoming and the entire Intermountain West area. I'm also not sure how much it helps, but I sure feel better about myself every time I do it! ?

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Please hit up CS @torgo and @DuckTruck! That’s a somewhat common route for folks from Salt Lake and places south of there to get to YNP and Jackson Hole. Much more scenic than I-15!
Greg, you're right! Other than the Portneuf Gap area near Pocatello, 1-15 is like a colonosopy. You know it'll get you to the results you need, but you'd be happy to avoid it for another five years.

As I mentioned in the New Official RAN thread of today, in post #125, it looks like the Bear Lake region (St. Charles?) will get one. I'm going to be in touch with C.S. tomorrow to mention the Starr Valley/Freedom/Alpine area along the Wyoming-Idaho border as being candidates for off-Interstate routes that would open up accesss to some amazing areas. I'm guessing that today's announcement has put many eyes on Google Earth, as well as good old paper maps and atlases to check out the newly-unveiled RAN locations.

Since going down rabbit holes and hijacking conversations are two of my many Superpowers, I'd love to have the C.S. team read Robert Pirsig's Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, if they haven't already. Early on, he talks about bypassing the Interstates and U.S. highways and State Routes, instead opting for those dotted, squiggly lines on any map. I know, there's also The Road Less Traveled and many other outstanding treatises that capture similar sentiments, but I thought Persig really nailed it.

The C.S. team members I've visited with really seem to get it (I'm talking to you, Martin!?), but revisiting those prose and poetry from time to time is a nice way to understand the venture, and Adventures, ahead for all of us.

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
... I'd love to have the C.S. team read Robert Pirsig's Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, if they haven't already. Early on, he talks about bypassing the Interstates and U.S. highways and State Routes, instead opting for those dotted, squiggly lines on any map. I know, there's also The Road Less Traveled and many other outstanding treatises that capture similar sentiments, but I thought Persig really nailed it...
Phaedrus would agree.

Sponsored

SleepySheepie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, FJ40, MG TF1500, Model S, Lotus
I’m going to reach out to CS and once again express my desire for a RAN charger in Evanston.
I added on this request too. Evanston would be a prime location to "fill up" for camping along Mirror Lake Highway access into the Uinta range!

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Greg, I had a conversation and a few chat sessions with CS today (documented elsewhere) about Alpine/Starr Valley and Lava H.S. along the Idaho-Wyoming line. We also discussed McCall and Lewiston on the Western side of Idaho. The access that both sides of the State grant to the Snake River would be great assets for the RAN. While Alpine is an ideal rafting place, the Hells River National. Rec. Area is a must hit place.
Sponsored