First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I have a model 3 and a R1T and surf probably at least 2x week, put my card into my wetsuit or shorts zipper pocket if I’m going with trunks and a neoprene top. Maybe my wetsuit is tight or I don’t surf everyday so I don’t notice it. I do have a Apple Watch and would prefer that, but I also have cellular on it so if something bad happens. I can always call the wife… I still haven’t seen the use case for the remote. It’s bigger than the card which I carry in my wallet or my clothes which is easier than the remote.
I also had several Tesla's including multiple Model 3's and always used the key card in my wetsuit and worked great for over 4 years. I do the same with my R1T right now instead of the wrist band since it just works better at unlocking in my experience.
Sponsored

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
I also had several Tesla's including multiple Model 3's and always used the key card in my wetsuit and worked great for over 4 years. I do the same with my R1T right now instead of the wrist band since it just works better at unlocking in my experience.
Agree…keycard in board shorts works. Initially was disappointed the wristband didn’t come with non launch edition vehicles and now don’t think I’d use it. Would like WaaK

Kacey3

First Name
Kacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition; MotoGuzzi V7II
Occupation
IT Support Manager
Clubs

Maybe I'm not savvy enough to know how this would work, but given the "thinness" of the keycard, would it be possible to integrate the keycard tech into a watch band, for either an Apple Watch or a Garmin, or whatever your flavor of smart-watch is?

Less app development, no WiFi/Bluetooth requirement, simple and reliable like the keycard?

I will be the first to admit that RFID technology is completely foreign to me.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Maybe I'm not savvy enough to know how this would work, but given the "thinness" of the keycard, would it be possible to integrate the keycard tech into a watch band, for either an Apple Watch or a Garmin, or whatever your flavor of smart-watch is?

Less app development, no WiFi/Bluetooth requirement, simple and reliable like the keycard?

I will be the first to admit that RFID technology is completely foreign to me.
Yes, if they wanted to they could create a small "loop" that could be put on any watch band (smartwatch or old-school -- doesn't matter).

Sponsored

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Saw a new Youtube video with an updated wrist band. It now has a yellow inner side. This gives me some hope that maybe, just maybe they will be sold in the Gear Shop at some point. If they were just for the launch edition, you would think they would just keep pushing out the original design and then be done.

Rivian R1T R1S Wristband Key "coming soon" to Adventure Shop Screenshot 2023-05-18 104600

Rivian R1T R1S Wristband Key "coming soon" to Adventure Shop Screenshot 2023-05-18 104730

JayinNJ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, R1S LE Canyon Red
Saw a new Youtube video with an updated wrist band. It now has a yellow inner side. This gives me some hope that maybe, just maybe they will be sold in the Gear Shop at some point. If they were just for the launch edition, you would think they would just keep pushing out the original design and then be done.

Screenshot 2023-05-18 104600.jpg

Screenshot 2023-05-18 104730.jpg
That's what mine looks like that I got May 1 with the launch edition.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Screenshot 2023-05-18 104600.jpg

Screenshot 2023-05-18 104730.jpg
I have one of each. They are otherwise exactly the same.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I have one of each. They are otherwise exactly the same.
Makes sense, but the fact they changed encourages me, or maybe it can be chalked up to "supply chain issues". 🤷‍♂️

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Makes sense, but the fact they changed encourages me, or maybe it can be chalked up to "supply chain issues". 🤷‍♂️
I also have yellow logo mats in my R1T but the ones for the R1S are black logo :(

Sponsored

teddyang

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adeventure Edition, RB, BM, 21"
Clubs

Was taking my car in for service and read somewhere (either on this forum or reddit) that if you ask the service center they may sell you a wristband key. I asked and they said sure (i don't have the car back yet or the key in hand, truck is still still being worked on at the service center, but they added it to the work order). YMMV.

Rivian R1T R1S Wristband Key "coming soon" to Adventure Shop IMG_0948

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
I also have yellow logo mats in my R1T but the ones for the R1S are black logo :(
Yellow logo mats back for both vehicles. At the moment I believe sold out for R1S. I ordered some up for my R1T and received them yesterday.

TuggyTooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Silverado LBZ, 2023 Rivian R1S LE FG/FE
Occupation
Military
Yellow logo mats back for both vehicles. At the moment I believe sold out for R1S. I ordered some up for my R1T and received them yesterday.
R1S mats with yellow accents are in stock currently. Bought the black ones about 3 weeks ago, but so tempted to get yellow to match.

TheGymKid

First Name
RivianRunner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, LE, El Cap, 22"
Wristband key question... Anyone get daring and cut the 'key' out of the rubber and maybe attach it to a sport watch (Garmin) band, or put it on a keychain, or do something creative with it.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Wristband key question... Anyone get daring and cut the 'key' out of the rubber and maybe attach it to a sport watch (Garmin) band, or put it on a keychain, or do something creative with it.
I've been seriously considering it... I just am not yet sure how to make it look nice. Ideally I could loop it around my apple watch band.
Sponsored