Sponsored

Worst fears came true. My R1T died at a light. Update today(8/18)

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Not going to lie, It was fun at first...but Sometimes anonymity is ok...I can't tell you how many times i have been asked....who makes that? ....who is that, Ford? .... does it have a gas engine? ...where do they make that? Over and over...

So many people are clueless about this truck, I wish rivian included pamphlets to give out.
Lol. I get it. Itā€™s not my daily so I donā€™t have to endure the endless questions. I drive a 100% anonymous 2005 TSX daily.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Akay07

Akay07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache
8/5. A little update this morning...so the last actual communication from rivian on my truck status was on 7/20 from the SC that the truck was waiting for one body panel and would be ready. This morning I get text from an unknown number they would be at my house to deliver my truck after lunch today and directions for preparing the loaner for transport..... ...? A little panic sets in because I had no idea they were trying to deliver today and I'm out of town until Monday....again no communication from rivian prior to this morning. I guess I should have expected that to happen at this point. I'm glad my truck is ready, but I have not really experienced this level of bad communication before. After several texts with the SC, they are delivering my truck (again) on Tuesday afternoon. The SC called to apologize again, as well. I just hope my truck is in good condition (I have seen the other horror stories on here after service appointments) and nothing else to add to this 10 plus week story.

They sent me a "care package" with two small metal cups with logos and two sets of push pin logos, as well.

Rivian R1T R1S Worst fears came true. My R1T died at a light. Update today(8/18) Screenshot_20220805-205101_Gallery

Last edited:

Lysdexic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tundra
I can be home after lunch today if you want them to drop your truck off at my house. Iā€™ll take ā€œcareā€ of it until you get back. Happy to helpšŸ˜†

OP
OP
Akay07

Akay07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache
I can be home after lunch today if you want them to drop your truck off at my house. Iā€™ll take ā€œcareā€ of it until you get back. Happy to helpšŸ˜†
Haha...You are too kind sir. For some reason, I imagine a Ferris Bueller situation here....

Rivian R1T R1S Worst fears came true. My R1T died at a light. Update today(8/18) GIFs-20228501047

Last edited:

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

8/5. A little update this morning...so the last actual communication from rivian on my truck status was on 7/20 from the SC that the truck was waiting for one body panel and would be ready. This morning I get text from an unknown number they would be at my house to deliver my truck after lunch today and directions for preparing the loaner for transport..... ...? A little panic sets in because I had no idea they were trying to deliver today and I'm out of town until Monday....again no communication from rivian prior to this morning. I guess I should have expected that to happen at this point. I'm glad my truck is ready, but I have not really experienced this level of bad communication before. After several texts with the SC, they are delivering my truck (again) on Tuesday afternoon. The SC called to apologize again, as well. I just hope my truck is in good condition (I have seen the other horror stories on here after service appointments) and nothing else to add to this 10 plus week story.

They sent me a "care package" with two small metal cups with logos and two sets of push pin logos, as well. I will post pictures today.
SMH

Sponsored

OP
OP
Akay07

Akay07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache
Update 8/8...got a call from the SC. I will not be getting my truck delivered tomorrow. I should have assumed this would happen. I am guessing they installed the spare tire while they had my truck and just now realized it didn't have the spare tire placard on pillar. So back to waiting.... but for the spare tire placard now. How my truck made it past this issue on Friday to the point they were ready to deliver it that same day, I do not know. And it's not like they have had my truck for 10wks and 3 days to just notice this now.

cbuckley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Update 8/8...got a call from the SC. I will not be getting my truck delivered tomorrow. I should have assumed this would happen. I am guessing they installed the spare tire while they had my truck and just now realized it didn't have the spare tire placard on pillar. So back to waiting.... but for the spare tire placard now. How my truck made it past this issue on Friday to the point they were ready to deliver it that same day, I do not know. And it's not like they have had my truck for 10wks and 3 days to just notice this now.
This all counts as part of the ā€œadventureā€ experience.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Is this early adopter tax on the early adopter tax????

Heelmark

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470, BMW 328i, Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
Attorney
Is this early adopter tax on the early adopter tax????
Even as a sufferer of a spare tire placard delay myself, I am shocked that the PTBs would prolong your 3 months of suffering by further delaying your delivery. Of course maybe the DOT has Greensboro on its radar and will be stopping by to check our placards.

Sponsored

Lysdexic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tundra
Pardon my ignorance but what is a spare tire placard?

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Pardon my ignorance but what is a spare tire placard?
Its the GVW/GVWR sticker that takes into account the non laden weight. Spares weight have to be included as it is part of the standard equipment and takes away from the total usable payload.

So, if your empty weight without spare is 5.5k lbs, the GVWR is 7k lbs, adding a 200 lb spare means the stick has to show the empty weight as 5.7k lbs so you know your useable payload is 1.3k lbs.

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
They sent me a "care package" with two small metal cups with logos and two sets of push pin logos, as well.

Screenshot_20220805-205101_Gallery.jpg
And you should feel thankful that you got those, after all your pain and troubles that's fair right!

Just kidding, man that sucks. Same thing happened to me. Told via text truck will be delivered later next week. Next day, "we're here with your truck". I was in different state. Told em to dump it in the street. Same RVA SC.

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
I'd tell em take the spare out, give me my truck, and you can deliver spare and placard to my house when it arrives.

cbuckley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I'd tell em take the spare out, give me my truck, and you can deliver spare and placard to my house when it arrives.
Agree completely, the longer itā€™s in their hands, the higher the likelihood of something untoward happening.
Sponsored