Sponsored

Worst fears came true. My R1T died at a light. Update today(8/18)

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
What is wrong with yours? I know you have not had it long. If it's a Forrest green one, then it's the one I had. Its defiently has more wind noise and the ride is a little rougher than mine. They had what appeared to be two other loaner trucks charging when I picked mine up. I agree, that first week with the 2020 Dodge Journey was not the most pleasant experience. I will let you know when I have a specific date and you start pushing to get my loaner.
[/QUOTE]
Finally getting all the stuff that should have been corrected on PDI, corrected :swear: : Missing fastners, mis-aligned panels, "rubbing" panels, trim pieces not fastened correctly, threads pulled up on seat embroidery, user interface bugs, etc...you know, all the usual stuff that happens with a new $80k auto.

As for rentals, I ended up with a Chevy Colorado 4x4.

I'm glad to see that they have your truck back together, but sorry it's taken so long for you.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Akay07

Akay07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache
Update today (7/20): Recieved a call from the service department today. They are still waiting on 1 body panel adjustment after replacing the front drove unit on 7/6. He also mentioned that the entire shop was out last last week because everyone was sick. I did not recieve a date it would be ready. We will see and thankful to have a loaner truck.

Lysdexic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tundra
I hope that that the SC staff is all better, back to work and you are going to pick up your truck today.

Maybe?

BTW- I changed my configuration back to FE since so many are coming tru the R1 shop recently. Also, changed my address to my son’s in Raleigh (2 1/2 closer) to Richmond.

OP
OP
Akay07

Akay07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache
I hope that that the SC staff is all better, back to work and you are going to pick up your truck today.

Maybe?

BTW- I changed my configuration back to FE since so many are coming tru the R1 shop recently. Also, changed my address to my son’s in Raleigh (2 1/2 closer) to Richmond.
Actually, test driving a lightning today...So, I still have the loaner truck...but could be some light at the end of the tunnel. On Monday(7/25), I get email saying my service contract was updated. It showed everything was done (the orange peel paint and fogging windshield were in spec). I get a call Tuesday from another guide asking how my truck was doing after being fixed....? He said my guide was on vacation, so I guess he knew the lay offs were coming. But this 2nd guide didn't know anything that i asked him. If it was truly ready, I don't know why the SC wouldn't reach out to tell me it's done...? Or schedule delivery? Maybe they are so backed up on deliveries, it's still going to be a while?

My advice if you wanted your truck sooner, would be to offer to drive to the SC to get it and not have it delivered. I think deliveries to our part of NC occupies their flat bed for the entire day.

Quattro Powers

First Name
QP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Actually, test driving a lightning today...?

My advice if you wanted your truck sooner, would be to offer to drive to the SC to get it and not have it delivered. I think deliveries to our part of NC occupies their flat bed for the entire day.
I hope you get your R1T this coming week. Let us know how you like the Ford Lightning.

Sponsored

mpw81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5 PHEV
The guy who helped us with pickup/delivery at the Denver SC this week was telling us he was one of the few people at the SC who could drive the flatbed so he got all the long distance deliveries (a couple in SD/WY and western slope) and he had to overnight because of some sort of limit they have on driving hours in a day.

Lysdexic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tundra
Test driving a Lightning huh? I find the F150 quite compelling but thought I missed the opportunity as I never pre-ordered one. Very interested in hearing the your story behind that.

OP
OP
Akay07

Akay07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache
Test driving a Lightning huh? I find the F150 quite compelling but thought I missed the opportunity as I never pre-ordered one. Very interested in hearing the your story behind that.
I have a reservation from 5/20/21 on the Lightning. I don't want to get booed off this forum but it was a very compelling test drive. Man, the interrior was so big though.... so much more space than rivian. Like I could not touch my daughters car seat behind the passenger from my drivers position. I felt like that scene in step brothers... we have so much room for activities. It was quick but didn't have that rivian punch. The sound system was no where near rivian but that's to be expected with only 8 speakers. I think the ford was a softer and quiter ride than rivian. I didn't feel like I was in a full size truck. The ford interior door handle was in such a better location with easy access and better views out the sides. I also like that the tail gate raises automatically. The 360 cameras and ventilated seat are about the same quality really. The ice blue silver paint was great and no orange peel detected unlike rivian. Also TWO glove compartments amd my wife liked the running boards. I would customize the ford more with installing better speakers, tonneau cover and spray in bed liner. The ford would be a great family car for anyone with car seats. They are both great vehicles that specialize in different things. It will come down to what is more important....size vs power. Right now, I would take the ford for our main family car over my rivian.

Rivian R1T R1S Worst fears came true. My R1T died at a light. Update today(8/18) yrFrXTTTcHIY0 (1)

Mathme

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
6 weeks to fix this major failure. If Rivian won’t replace under the 8-day warranty, look into your specific states lemon laws. In California, of the vehicle is out of service for >30 ways within 18 months or 18k miles it can be lemoned. In those cases you get to choose a new car, or your money back (which includes a use fee/mile + interest + TTL on the original purchase.

Sponsored

Lysdexic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tundra
I covet the 150’s inverter and the fact that Ford has a “service center” in every town.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I covet the 150’s inverter and the fact that Ford has a “service center” in every town.
And the anonymity?

OP
OP
Akay07

Akay07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache
And the anonymity?
Not going to lie, It was fun at first...but Sometimes anonymity is ok...I can't tell you how many times i have been asked....who makes that? ....who is that, Ford? .... does it have a gas engine? ...where do they make that? Over and over...

So many people are clueless about this truck, I wish rivian included pamphlets to give out.
Sponsored