Sponsored

Worst fears came true. My R1T died at a light. Update today(8/18)

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Picked up the loaner from RVA yesterday.
That is great news. I am glad things are moving forward.

I have heard of a few drive units being replaced now. Which makes me wonder about having to deal with that after warranty. It is probably an answer the service guys may not want to share but would you mind asking next time you talk to them if they already have a part and labor pricing somewhere? Even though everything is under warranty, they must have that info for accident and insurance purposes. It would be nice to know. The shock of the figure may help the rest of us not to hover around you so closely on the highway when we see you.
Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S

I have heard of a few drive units being replaced now. Which makes me wonder about having to deal with that after warranty. It is probably an answer the service guys may not want to share but would you mind asking next time you talk to them if they already have a part and labor pricing somewhere? Even though everything is under warranty, they must have that info for accident and insurance purposes. It would be nice to know. The shock of the figure may help the rest of us not to hover around you so closely on the highway when we see you.
Not sure about the parts cost but @Doublemfarms reported his front drive replacement was an 8 hour job.

OP
OP
Akay07

Akay07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache
Glad you got your loaner. You didn’t see any extra Limestone’s with black 20’s on the lot did you? Hoping there is an orphaned one there when the “shop” opens s00n.
I do not recall seeing any limestones outside because I would have been curious if that was my truck but i was also entertaining two wild children while my wife was putting the car seats in the truck. They maybe had two more trucks staged outside, so not alot of inventory outside that I could see. I did not get to see what they were working on in the shop. I should have asked to get something from my truck to see. And I assume you would only want to see my Limestone in person? Not the Forrest green?

OP
OP
Akay07

Akay07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache

After this episode and seeing how much it cost to tow my truck to Richmond, I am going to have to really think on keeping this truck past the 60000 mile warranty. I will make sure to ask the next time I speak to the service tech. The service team in Michigan said it can be done in one day but they like to have two days make sure nothing else comes up.

Reactions: Max

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
After this episode and seeing how much it cost to tow my truck to Richmond, I am going to have to really think on keeping this truck past the 60000 mile warranty. I will make sure to ask the next time I speak to the service tech. The service team in Michigan said it can be done in one day but they like to have two days make sure nothing else comes up.
Single motor EVs are staring to sound a little better now. 1/4 chance of failiour.

Sponsored

Lysdexic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tundra
I do not recall seeing any limestones outside because I would have been curious if that was my truck but i was also entertaining two wild children while my wife was putting the car seats in the truck. They maybe had two more trucks staged outside, so not alot of inventory outside that I could see. I did not get to see what they were working on in the shop. I should have asked to get something from my truck to see. And I assume you would only want to see my Limestone in person? Not the Forrest green?
Correct. The Forrest Green is not the color for me. I am intensely curious about the limestone and especially with FE interior combo. No worries though, as you will most likely have your truck back before I get “the call”

Nermal

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Miata, 2017 Tacoma TRD Off Road, 2018 Q5
Would this not be covered under 8/175k drivetrain warranty? To your point, there are a bunch of things like suspension that would probably require towing to an SC for repairs and only covered until 60k.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Drivetrain and batteries are 8 year/175k miles. The 5/60k miles warranty is everything not included in the drivetrain.

Heelmark

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470, BMW 328i, Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
Attorney
I'm picking up my R1T at te RVA SC Saturday. Need anything from them that I can help with while there? Or pass or check on anything?
Great and good luck. My R1T in RVA was to be a mid-May delivery but was delayed due to some undisclosed problem followed but crickets. Have learned unidentified part delivered and should be fixed by June 13 then crickets. You are authorized to ask about Jack’s LE LG BF 20” AT due in Greensboro NC. You might ask if picking it up in RVA would significantly reduce delivery time. Rivian rang the bell and I have been drooling for a month but dinner has not been served.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Akay07

Akay07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache
Update 6/15. The last day I communicated with the service department was this past Friday and no communication since. They still didn't have the parts needed as of Friday and well past their first time frame given. I am assuming if anything changed, they would let me know? I suspect it will be around the 4 week time frame other members have seen if not longer with more trucks on the road.

OP
OP
Akay07

Akay07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache
Update 6/21. The lead technician from RVA called me and said he was out sick all of last week. There has been no action on receiving another drive unit for my truck. He escalated to his manager and they are supposdely pulling one from the factory floor and ship it here Thursday. His words, not mine. That was the first communication in 10 days feim Rivian. Whether or not that happens I do not know. But it sounds like some replacement parts are very difficult to get. So thankful to have the loaner truck.

OP
OP
Akay07

Akay07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache
Update 6/28. Just Got a call from the SC today. The service center recieved the front dive unit today and potentially could have the truck ready by the end of the week. 7/1 will mark 5 weeks they have had my truck after my 5 days of ownership.

Heelmark

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470, BMW 328i, Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
Attorney
Finally some hard news. It is good you had your loaner. Thanks for the test drive. Nothing party’s like a rental.
Sponsored