Sponsored

Worst fears came true. My R1T died at a light. Update today(8/18)

OP
OP
Akay07

Akay07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache
For efficiencies sake, can you just get a local, non-Rivian loaner/rental that they pay for to hold you over until truck is done? Then have them send truck back to you?

Driving 3.5 hours each way is brutal. Under the circumstances I would push to get them to manage it all without you having to travel.
Yes, I'm I'm currently in an enterprise rental set up by rivian. I drive a bit for work and spending alot on gas. I'm willing to make the drive to be back in a r1t vs a 2020 Dodge journey with 45000 miles and tint that is bubbling and no working bluetooth. I can't forget the upside down rear view camera either.
Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

I never knew to look at that. I will look if I ever get my truck back. It was ready to ship to my SC when my 8 steps started on 5/11
your VIN is on your car registration and "pink slip" as well. no need to wait for the truck to see it.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Itā€™s not good or justified, but itā€™s exactly what I expected from a new car company.
exactly what you expected? who expects this?

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

Sponsored

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
Well I can't help you at the RVA SC this weekend since my T, which was supposed to have been PDI'd last week, suddenly has parts being brought in from Normal for a problem they discovered Thursday. Since they PDI'd it last week must have been taking it out for a drive to get lunch at Chick Fill A, and noticed no network connections...
So another delayed/missed delivery. All in all, not bothered by it, just find it funny. Someone out there hopefully really knows what's going on and working to fix deliveries?

Maybe they need to work 31 hrs vs 30hrs?

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Anyone that purchased a gen 1 Tesla Model S.
i think thats only being said in hindsight. no one goes expecting their vehicle to have a catastrophic failure, no matter how new the vehicle and company.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
i think thats only being said in hindsight. no one goes expecting their vehicle to have a catastrophic failure, no matter how new the vehicle and company.
No you are missing the point. I literally did expect things like that to happen.

My model S had two drive unit replacements in the first year. And 3 of the 4 air struts failed. The glass roof seals leaked. The power door handles have all failed over the first three years and had to be replaced. And thatā€™s a car manufactured at the tail end of the first year of production.

Many of us who went through the early Tesla years knew that Rivian would go through the same issues as they released their first consumer car. Itā€™s very hard to launch a new car company and think there wonā€™t be communication, logistics and quality issues.

And unless you were ignoring the news, we knew since at least late 2020 that the global supply chain crisis was going to affect delivery of chips and other parts.

Iā€™m not condoning it or excusing it, but I absolutely expected there to be issues like this. I like being an early adopter and am willing to have the car be out of service from time to time. I would never expect it to be my only vehicle.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Yes, I'm I'm currently in an enterprise rental set up by rivian. I drive a bit for work and spending alot on gas. I'm willing to make the drive to be back in a r1t vs a 2020 Dodge journey with 45000 miles and tint that is bubbling and no working bluetooth. I can't forget the upside down rear view camera either.
Perhaps the best review of the 2020 Dodge Journey yet. You should moonlight as an auto journalist.

OP
OP
Akay07

Akay07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache
6/7 update. Picked up the loaner from RVA yesterday. The Forrest green is nice in person as well. Definitely liked it the most out of the ones i saw up close charging. The replacement front drive unit delivery has been pushed out to this Friday from today. I suspect it will be pushed out a few more times but I am ok with that because I do have a loaner R1T. It was a long day yesterday on the road but worth it. Took a couple of pictures of some of the other trucks on the lot.

Rivian R1T R1S Worst fears came true. My R1T died at a light. Update today(8/18) Screenshot_20220607-084316_Gallery

Rivian R1T R1S Worst fears came true. My R1T died at a light. Update today(8/18) Screenshot_20220607-084327_Gallery

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
ā€¦.Iā€™m sure you must be only driving that loaner in Conserve mode very cautiously to avoid any drive unit failures. šŸ˜†. Hope you get it repaired and your ordeal is over!

OP
OP
Akay07

Akay07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache
ā€¦.Iā€™m sure you must be only driving that loaner in Conserve mode very cautiously to avoid any drive unit failures. šŸ˜†. Hope you get it repaired and your ordeal is over!
Yeah..I drove the whole way home in Conserve and that very thought crossed my mind. Once I charged it today, it's staying in all purpose...

Lysdexic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tundra
Glad you got your loaner. You didnā€™t see any extra Limestoneā€™s with black 20ā€™s on the lot did you? Hoping there is an orphaned one there when the ā€œshopā€ opens s00n.
Sponsored