Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

So, uh... Got that video up yet? My kit arrived yesterday, and I'm not 100% sure where all the wires go.

Edit: Never mind, I see post 250 with the pictures, got it now.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T

sr_dipstick

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T; Toyota FJ62 Land Cruiser; VW Mk1 Cabby
Just got mine installed yesterday. Works and charges much faster than the stock charging unit. I can't believe the size of the OEM unit. So heavy with a cooling fan as well. It was hot when I removed it...hopefully this solution doesn't require cooling.

One note: the pins on my little green connector did need significant bending it get it to power up. I ended up connecting it to the trucks wiring prior to sliding it into the 3D printed kit part. Seemed to do the trick. I'm using an iPhone SE 2020.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
fyi for folks considering it, I added a magnet that is supposed to replicate magsafe to a case I have and it's not strong enough to lock in through the pad.

If anyone would like to purchase mine, let me know. Looks good, just didn't work the the aftermarket accessory I had, which doesn't really surprise me.

Last edited:

AZ Kevin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I cannot seem to get mine to properly charge the phone with my case on the phone. It detects the charging mechanism easily but after remaining on there for a significant period of time, the charge never increases in the phone just gets hot. I attribute this to the case I am using.

If anyone is interested in purchasing my Riviparts MagSafe charging pad, PM me.

Sponsored

el_scorcho

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Just got mine installed yesterday. Works and charges much faster than the stock charging unit. I can't believe the size of the OEM unit. So heavy with a cooling fan as well. It was hot when I removed it...hopefully this solution doesn't require cooling.

One note: the pins on my little green connector did need significant bending it get it to power up. I ended up connecting it to the trucks wiring prior to sliding it into the 3D printed kit part. Seemed to do the trick. I'm using an iPhone SE 2020.
I am having same issure. No matter what I do, I can't get power when I plug the green connector into the OEM part. It's a very loose feeling connection and I have re-wired every piece 2 or 3 times, still no power being sent to the charger. Tried both charging pads on iPhone 14 pro with no case.

sr_dipstick

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T; Toyota FJ62 Land Cruiser; VW Mk1 Cabby
I am having same issure. No matter what I do, I can't get power when I plug the green connector into the OEM part. It's a very loose feeling connection and I have re-wired every piece 2 or 3 times, still no power being sent to the charger. Tried both charging pads on iPhone 14 pro with no case.
I ended up uninstalling it and reverted back to OEM. The best solution I’ve found is OEM with the 3D printer holder that clips into the cable pass-through from the armrest compartment. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5441861
My iPhone SE charges great with one that I modified. I bet the 13 Pro version would do the trick for your 14 Pro.

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
There definitely seems to variances on the plug itself - either the metal jackets aren't inserted into the plug far enough, or the plug has too much play inside of the housing. There are two different ways to correct this:
  1. Ensure the wires are pushed all the way into the plug coming out the Rivian.
  2. Slightly bend points of the green plug to ensure they make good contact.
If it's done right, there are little green lights near the USB-C plug on the charging pad that will illuminate immediately after being plugged in. Remember though - when the truck is off, it cuts power to the console to not run down the battery.

If you're experiencing issues, contact me on Riviparts. I can send replacements, including soldering up one of the old solutions.

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

I had the same issue. When you dry fit the green connector into the Rivian plus, it's very loose. There's no friction. The female side in the Rivian connector that the prongs go into is much bigger than the prongs on the green clip. You could probably fit 4 prongs into a single slot on the Rivian connector.

Sponsored

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

While I appreciate the massive amount of time that went into this, unfortunately it didn't work better than the OEM Wireless charging for my OnePlus 10 Pro. There was worse performance than the OEM charger, still needed perfect alignment, and charged slower the the batter consumption when the screen is on and using GPS.

Here's some details about the charging rate for several different methods I tested:

Riviparts Wireless: 280 mA
OEM Wireless: 650 mA
USC-C plug in center console: 1380 mA
OEM OnePlus home charger: 3800 mA

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Hi Everyone - Just a quick note that they are functionally sold through at this point. Thanks for everyone who picked one up. As of now, there are no plans for an additional run.

Hopefully some sort of re-engineering effort is underwent Rivian to fix the issues with the stock POS pad.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I have removed my Riviparts charger as it doesn't work with my 14 pro (or maybe I just haven't found the right case that makes it work). If someone with one of more flat phones would like to buy it at a discount (assembled/tested), let me know.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Hi Everyone - Just a quick note that they are functionally sold through at this point. Thanks for everyone who picked one up. As of now, there are no plans for an additional run.

Hopefully some sort of re-engineering effort is underwent Rivian to fix the issues with the stock POS pad.
I can confirm that they are re-engineering the wireless charger. Not sure of the status beyond that.