Sponsored

With interest rates rising, how many won’t be completing their R1 purchase?

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
But this is terrible for financial advisors making a % of your $$$$
Unless you have enough for a tax managed account or something like a cash balance plan pro advice really isn't worth it I agree. Once you can get stuff like that it's worth it.
Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Unless you have enough for a tax managed account or something like a cash balance plan pro advice really isn't worth it I agree. Once you can get stuff like that it's worth it.
First world problems

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Even if I had $1M or $10M or $100M I wouldn’t give a dime to a financial advisor. I find them to be right up there with used car salesman.

Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Or trade based on an inside track. Then you exchange one set of problems for a bigger one in the form of the SEC. Not worth it personally but plenty of people do. I agree, just stick to index funds and go long.
Or diversify and make investments outside of the stock market that return more than index funds. ;)

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
Or diversify and make investments outside of the stock market that return more than index funds. ;)
Also a valid strategy. Can be quite a bit more risky though. Depending on what you're being like real estate or art the market is much more speculative and volatile but if you know what you're doing it can be hugely profitable. Timing the real estate market is a much more profitable endeavor than than the stock market though if you know what you're doing.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Also a valid strategy. Can be quite a bit more risky though. Depending on what you're being like real estate or art the market is much more speculative and volatile but if you know what you're doing it can be hugely profitable. Timing the real estate market is a much more profitable endeavor than than the stock market though if you know what you're doing.
Owning and/or partnering in quality commercial buildings and residential has worked for me.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
Owning and/or partnering in quality commercial buildings and residential has worked for me.
I have been looking into breaking the threshold and joining the commercial real estate market. I have my eye on one building in particular right now but in the current market it's way over priced. I have some money set aside and am just waiting to pounce as the fed keeps hiking up interest rates. The market is already starting to turn around here because it went stupid last year.

Sponsored

EVentually

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5, Rivian R1T
In this spirit of saving this thread and answering the original question, the primary demographic for this vehicle is middle-class+, who can comfortably afford the vehicle -especially at the original price. I don’t anticipate any meaningful % of cancellations. If interest rates start getting insane, most would just put more cash down, but maybe some who highly value free cash flow may drop off.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I have been looking into breaking the threshold and joining the commercial real estate market. I have my eye on one building in particular right now but in the current market it's way over priced. I have some money set aside and am just waiting to pounce as the fed keeps hiking up interest rates. The market is already starting to turn around here because it went stupid last year.
I have a commerical property investment with a couple of partners that I got into about 10 years ago. Building equity right now, with it fully paid off in a couple more years. Also bought a vacation residential property about 5 years ago, just before the recent crazy run up started. That has done extremely well. IMO Real Estate is one of the few investments that if you do your homework diligently, you can greatly minimize the risk and maximize the return.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
Even if I had $1M or $10M or $100M I wouldn’t give a dime to a financial advisor. I find them to be right up there with used car salesman.
I used to think that way, but wait until you get to 8 figures...

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
In this spirit of saving this thread and answering the original question, the primary demographic for this vehicle is middle-class+, who can comfortably afford the vehicle -especially at the original price. I don’t anticipate any meaningful % of cancellations. If interest rates start getting insane, most would just put more cash down, but maybe some who highly value free cash flow may drop off.
Agree. I think the majority (maybe 85%?) of the people who reserved Rivians are financially "astute" and will not be cancelling. Compare that to the CyberTruck, where teenagers asked mom or dad to put up $100 for reservation. IMO CybrTruck is going to see high cancellation rates.
Sponsored